Defence

sexbelowsound

Need a new centre back and I think we'll get one. Richards not had a good pre season has he

Hopefully it's an experienced centre back and not a prospect. My other worry is that Clark gets dropped to accommodate a new centre back when it should be Richards.

I didn't see the first half but I did notice that Forest were bypassing our midfield for most of their attacks in the second half. The majority of which were coming from cross field balls from full back to winger following by a cross into the box.

We must get better at getting our midfielders back quickly if they are getting bypassed like that.

I won't turn on Richards yet, he just needs to get better accustomed to being a CB. We all knew it'll take a while.

What I would do though is give the armband to Clark, let him lead the line. He has experience as CB, not Richards.

• Like 1

Its just infuriating that Richards is a good right back, a position we could do with filling, yet he wants to play centre.

exactly my thoughts.... he would be great at right back. That one run in the 1st half was excellent. Except it was straight up the middle of the park and he ended up 50 yards out of position. Please be our right back!!!

Richards is a top class attacking full back. Unfortunately he's never been anything other than a 3rd rate centre half.

Richards at right back is a no brainer for me and quite a mouthwatering prospect.

As others have said the centre back pairing should be Okore and Clark in the short term hopefully boosted by a couple of solid signings.

I worry this is going to be Sherwood's blindspot....just like MON in buying fullbacks and then playing anyone who wasn't a fullback there.

Richards has played the vast majority of his football in the premier league at RB...it ain't rocket science and I think for all the promise now going forward it's going to be a major issue for us although I too expect another CB in late on in the window.

Its just infuriating that Richards is a good right back, a position we could do with filling, yet he wants to play centre.

exactly my thoughts.... he would be great at right back. That one run in the 1st half was excellent. Except it was straight up the middle of the park and he ended up 50 yards out of position. Please be our right back!!!

Doesn't seem to be the plan, does it?

We'd defininitely need a quality CB if it happened, as it is we need a quality RB.

I'm more worried that it's the basics we are getting wrong. Richards out of position, someone not covering space etc.

To me these are situations you can replicate in training and fix as a unit. Let's hope some emphasis is placed on the defence between now and Bournemouth.

I worry this is going to be Sherwood's blindspot....just like MON in buying fullbacks and then playing anyone who wasn't a fullback there.

Richards has played the vast majority of his football in the premier league at RB...it ain't rocket science and I think for all the promise now going forward it's going to be a major issue for us although I too expect another CB in late on in the window.

I had this exact same thought. I feel like the fans will be screaming for us to get a quality CB, but inexplicably we won't get one.

Micah should realise his limitations and stick to what he's good at. If Guzan suddenly decided he wanted to play up front, we wouldn't stick him up top and ask him to crack on with it. We shouldn't be putting Richards at CB, just because he wants to, either.

There's nothing wrong with a CB going forward as long as there is appropriate cover at the back, and CC isn't experienced enough to make this work. Okore > Richards and Richards > Hutton

Â