2015 Takeover Thread

samjp26

I'm sure we would all welcome a new owner who is willing to invest to move our club forward particularly given that our present custodian has made it very clear he wants out as quickly as possible.

I would be as happy for the new owner(s) to be from the USA, China or from somewhere else as long as their intentions match our ambitions.

This could yet come to nothing but it might also be the start of something big. I hope we will be able to look back at our change of ownership when it does happen in that way and the sooner that change of owner takes place the better for our current custodian, the club and for us.      

• Like 2

So we definitely ruling out Lerner selling to his compatriots? With Tom Fox here already... I think Lerner probably wont trust the Chinese.

Fox has Chinese contacts from his time with NBA China. Very possible its Chinese, but my gut says World Police.

So we definitely ruling out Lerner selling to his compatriots? With Tom Fox here already... I think Lerner probably wont trust the Chinese.

Lerner won't trust the Chinese?!? How the hell can you think that?

I just think of they're offering the same money and it comes down to the person/people then he will naturally trust in the Americans more than the Chinese. He does seem to want to put us in safe hands.. So you never know I guess who's bidding.

All I want for the club is a sound, competent strategy for the short and long term and people who can implement it.

The Dalian Wanda group has massive assets but will still have to get round FFP. That said, they can probably generate of lot of money for the club (from sponsorship and exposure in China) which we could in turn use to make us better.

• Like 1

I just want our new owners to be rich and ambitious. I don't care what country they come from.

Actually, China is an enormous barely tapped market. If we're suddenly Chinese owned, the earning potential (to get around FFP) is **** enormous.

I'm not holding out hope that this is actually Dalian Wanda, as that seems a bit too good to be true and good things don't happen to Aston Villa, but provided they are ambitious enough to invest, at least it will be fun to watch football again.

• Like 2

I can't sleep and have a theory. Lerner playing hard ball and suddenly there are rumours that this Dalian group want West Brom, suddenly Lerner wakes up and agrees to sell, the WBA rumour goes away and we might have a buyer?

• Like 1

I can't sleep and have a theory. Lerner playing hard ball and suddenly there are rumours that this Dalian group want West Brom, suddenly Lerner wakes up and agrees to sell, the WBA rumour goes away and we might have a buyer?

you never know... they were rumoured to buy Southampton last year.. not sure why that broke down.. are they still for sale?

Higher club.. run alot better.. and they own Sunseeker on the south coast i understand?

I think itll be an American group that has links to Randy. Randy seems the type that would sell to people he knows and trusts..  doesnt strike me the type to sell to foreigners.

you never know... they were rumoured to buy Southampton last year.. not sure why that broke down.. are they still for sale?

Higher club.. run alot better.. and they own Sunseeker on the south coast i understand?

I think itll be an American group that has links to Randy. Randy seems the type that would sell to people he knows and trusts..  doesnt strike me the type to sell to foreigners.

I don't think Southampton are for sale (like us) but if a bid came in it would (of course) be looked at. 

Sunseeker - thank you! Been trying to think of that name all night!

Honestly, I don't know who it'll be. I'd like it to be DW because we can tap into their cinema market with adverts, their restaurants and all the other things they do. Would be the perfect float for us in this shit FFP world.

Like everyone else, I just want our new owners to be rich. But I do like the idea of having Chinese owners.

As many have said, the potential to tap into the East is massive. With a bit of clever and aggressive marketing, if a new club gains popularity over there, you'd imagine there's a great opportunity for outside investment (whether it simply being 'Aston Villa is affiliated with company X,Y&Z' or having an Asian based TV channel showing Villa interviews etc (like AVTV). Those are just first thoughts, but you get the picture).

Â