2015 Takeover Thread

samjp26

Anyone know how this will affect the transfer window situation? With our need to bring in new faces is it possible Lerner will just not invest in transfers until the sale is complete which is frieghtening or can the potential buyer invest as an outside source until it is completed?

We were told it's business as usual but I would be surprised if any transfers happen now especially when the Window isn't open and takeover is very close. Guess it's a case of being busy when the window opens and by then the new owners should be in.

I hope its not Tony Adams crew

Given that the 'frontrunners' signed exclusivity and a non-disclosure agreement, I wouldn't think so.

The Tony Adams crew went public in an attempt to find more investors, so a non disclosure agreement would've been pointless if it was them.

The Premier League has tighter restrictions than the rest of the Football League and Football Conference. In general, a businessman will fail the test if:

• They have power or influence over another Football League club
  • They hold a significant interest in another Football League club
  • They become prohibited by law from being a director
  • They are filing for bankruptcy
  • They have been director of a club while it has suffered two or more unconnected events of insolvency
  • They have been a director of two or more clubs of which, while they have been director, has suffered an event of insolvency
  • Like 1

The opening of the transfer window is the cross roads to future ownership,with our team needing quality investment any new owners will wish to act as quickly as possible in obtaining the players Tim Sherwood wants,if we see deals agreed before the window opens then that will surely mean we are sold.

I'd much rather Randy Lerner stayed or worse still have Doug Ellis, then have the Chinese buy us. Hopefully it's an American as they seem to make slightly more stable owners.

Better the devil you know as they say.

Edited by donnie

Â