Rushian Hepburn-Murphy

PieFacE

Probably top on the ripping up the U23s league and failing to rip up at senior level scale.

I have seen bang average players come through and make good careers out of the game. RHM just doesn't seem able to translate it despite all his actual ability.

• 3 weeks later...

Part of me hopes he's actually turned down better money in league 2 and said **** it I'll earn less but I'll have a great life out there, retire in the sun when I'm done and his family will love it

Maybe if he does really well he gets a move to APOEL or a Greek club and flirts with European football 

• Like 1

How many league games did he actually play for us? Can remember him coming on v Sunderland in 14/15 when he did look ten but struggling to remember him featuring at all in the championship. Like Davis he picked up injuries when we were short of strikers.

59 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

How many league games did he actually play for us? Can remember him coming on v Sunderland in 14/15 when he did look ten but struggling to remember him featuring at all in the championship. Like Davis he picked up injuries when we were short of strikers.

Not sure about league games but going by my dodgy spreadsheet he made 17 appearances for us, only 2 starts. 0 goals, 0 assists.

Edited by Hornso

Has this actually been confirmed? If so, I’m gutted, I saw him quite a lot for our u18s and u23s and he always impressed me greatly with his natural finishing instincts and ability to get in behind the opposing defence. I remember him making his u18 debut for us at the age of 14 and a half years old becoming the youngest ever to do so in the process. He subsequently made his debut for our first team at the age of 16 and a half years old and I thought we had a real star on our hands, then again they all are SGC as you all say to me :( I’ll always follow his career, I have a soft spot for him 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Wikipedia said he played 2 Premier League and 10 Championship appearances. Except the Sunderland game I also cant remember him doing anything for us

In total he didn't play more than two games worth of football in the championship and played less than ten minutes in the premier league.Was thinking only yesterday that he and Doyle-Hayes could be shrewd moves for Wycombe, but will have to see how he gets on in Cyprus. Pafos FC are managed by Cameron Toshack who used to be Swansea's U23 manager, so will know about Hepburb-Murphy from watching him play at that level, they also have Jason Puncheon playing for them.

• Like 1

On 16/07/2020 at 10:06, Demitri_C said:

Let me tell you peeps Cypriot football is like league two/conference standard. 

That is such a shit move for him 😂

Oh well at least he will get plenty of sun!

that's what I think, if league 2 is the standard that he's at would you rather live in Mansfield or Paphos?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

that's what I think, if league 2 is the standard that he's at would you rather live in Mansfield or Paphos?

As a Cypriot do you really need me to answer that 😉

• Like 1

Â