Rushian Hepburn-Murphy

PieFacE

56 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

I enjoy your enthusiasm for youth players Mr Cahill, but RHM is anything but ready for the quality of the Premier League. He looks like a lively young player who could do with a successful loan spell. Chances are that he won't make it at Villa, but he has an exciting career ahead of him as a professional footballer. 

I see him as the sort of player we could potentially sell for a nice few million to an emerging Championship club.  If that is the case then he should be considered a very successful product of our youth academy. 

I suspect his story may be similar to Callum Robinson. The sort of player we cannot successfully develop to their full potential because we can't afford for them to develop in the high pressure environmental of the Premier League or even the Championship. He'll be good for someone, but at the moment I don't see that being us.

I tend to agree with this. We could end up seeing him play in the Premier League but I don't think it will be for us. We just haven't got the time or space for him to develop...which is what he needs.

I too love SGC complete faith in our youngsters 👍

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He’s not a wide forward for me, natural centre forward, he’s too good a finisher to be playing on the wing, he looks ready to me

He’s not going to get game time down the middle, however out wide he may get a chance. 

Odd that you say he’s finishing is good. Today he did a lovely touch beat defenders then cut inside and hesitated over the shot. Sunday he had a 1 on 1 and hit it straight at the keeper. Admittedly it’s a small quota, and you’ve seen him a lot more, but his finishing so far appears a weak area 

One thing he’s got that you cannot teach is natural quickness and burst, but even at 20 he still looks raw in a fair few areas. Think a loan would be very beneficial for him, just hope his body can take the rigours of a 46 game season somewhere in the championship/league one. 

• 2 weeks later...

Green has quite a bit of experience, and played a big part in a team that went on an amazing run of form to get promoted last season, so it's no wonder that he's been signed up by a championship club, but besides Davis, I think the best the rest of our youngsters could hope for is a league one team.

46 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

are Tranmere expected to struggle after promotion or do ok?

Mid table maybe try to sneak into play offs I think is aim I did some scouting assignments for them last season I didn’t do any on RHM when he was out on loan last season  just Blackett-Taylor, Mitch Clark  and a few other players at other clubs.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

If League One is the highest loan we could get him at almost 21 - it doesn't bode well for a short term progress.

Hope he does well, gets lots of games and goals, and no injuries, and perhaps we can recall him and get him in the Championship from January.

17 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

It must mean that we have a striker coming in

We still have 4 more senior strikers.  This will mean nothing in terms of signings

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He’s out of contract at the end of this coming season with us, I hope he does well for Tranmere and plays regular first team football for them. It must mean that we have a striker coming in

I don't think him going on loan makes a jot of difference.
I know that Hogan, Davis and Kodija aren't everyone's idea of back-up strikers for the PL, but all are far more capable and equipped right now than RHM.

Â