Rushian Hepburn-Murphy

PieFacE

15 minutes ago, Pez1974 said:

I don't think him going on loan makes a jot of difference.
I know that Hogan, Davis and Kodija aren't everyone's idea of back-up strikers for the PL, but all are far more capable and equipped right now than RHM.

You think Davis is better than RHM?

Both RHM and Green are out if contract at the end of the season, I'd be amazed if we see either in a Villa shirt again. 

Wouldn't be surprised if we have options on Green and Hepburn-Murphy's contracts to extend them for another year, or that we've already given them new contracts behind the scenes, I don't think that's uncommon these days with U23 players, some of them were due to come to the end of their deals this summer but are still with the club, so must have signed new deals without it being reported. We aren't going to let Green go to Preston and just run down his contract and leave for free, if he has a good season in the championship he could be worth £10m plus next summer.

• Like 2

I think he might have also scored, seems some are crediting it as an own goal, so I'm not sure. To be fair I've seen a few suggesting that his sending off was a bit unfair, BBC website says 'violent conduct' but maybe that makes it sound worser than it actually was.

23 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

3 of which struggled in The Championship last season, I think we need one more striker and then we’re set

Do you think Kodjia struggled last year? I thought he did brilliantly every time he filled in for Abraham up front (admittedly looked a bit out of place on the wings though), couldnt ask more from your back up striker to get 9 goals.. can't help but think if that was RHM getting those 9 goals last year you would be the first claiming he's made it

• Like 1

23 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

You think Davis is better than RHM?

I think Davis is better equipped to playing for us in the Prem than RHM this season.
I'm far from convinced RHM will score many goals (and don't think Davis would), but think Davis would bring others into the game brilliantly, whereas RHM would be barely impact. 

IMO of course.

1 minute ago, Pez1974 said:

I think Davis is better equipped to playing for us in the Prem than RHM this season.
I'm far from convinced RHM will score many goals (and don't think Davis would), but think Davis would bring others into the game brilliantly, whereas RHM would be barely impact. 

IMO of course.

RHM is a more natural goalscorer than Davis, Davis is better at holding it up than RHM

1 minute ago, hippo said:

I'd heard he was a really nice lad as well

😄, true, Hes always come across like a total bell end on social media, I get he's a kid but I never had the same impression from Grealish, Keinan etc. RHM comes across like a Grade A tool

2 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

😄, true, Hes always come across like a total bell end on social media, I get he's a kid but I never had the same impression from Grealish, Keinan etc. RHM comes across like a Grade A tool

Talk about biting the hand that feeds you. He goes on loan to a smaller club, who will pay at least some of his wages - a chance to play regular football - and in first game, within feet of the ref he throws an opposition player to the ground. If I were management or supporter of Tranmere I would be so angry with him.

Not sure how he comes across any worse than most young footballers including Grealish, actually I've been on his twitter and instagram and can't see anything wrong with it at all. Came on in the second half and made a difference today by all accounts, and played a huge part in Trammere's second, some places have actually credited him with the goal.

4 hours ago, Junxs said:

Do you think Kodjia struggled last year? I thought he did brilliantly every time he filled in for Abraham up front (admittedly looked a bit out of place on the wings though), couldnt ask more from your back up striker to get 9 goals.. can't help but think if that was RHM getting those 9 goals last year you would be the first claiming he's made it

9 goals is a good return for the amount of games he played yes, there’s no denying that. Kodjia has never played in The Premier League though, his style should be suited to the Premier League though, you are correct 

Â