• Very Poor
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor

So it is real and not a dream!

Was so excited that we won a game, and it such good style, that I couldn't sleep. Was awake at 2am watching the highlights again on Sky +.

Got a massive presentation at work today and feel a bit like death, but the adrenaline of last nights win is keeping me going!

UTV

Good first half performance but we didn't really come out for the second half

Tactically Tim dropped a bollock bringing Grealish on , that gave the baggies impetus ... Not a dig at Grealish but he was the wrong player to bring on he isn't a player that we have the luxury of being able to play at present

Cleverly had probably his best game for us and Clark looked good at the back

Totally agree with that comment. Grealish has massive potential but there are two problems with his game at the moment:

1) His defending and tackling is very poor. He has a half hearted go and gives up. He really needs to at least use his pace to harry the player with the ball.

2) As soon as he has the ball he tries to pass it. That is good in one sense but he is on the pitch to take players on and he needs to show he has more confidence in himself.

I was amazed he came on over either Gil or Sinclair. I would much rather he came on when we have the game in the bag and he could play with more freedom. Don't get me wrong I think he will be great for us, I just think he is a little too green at the moment.

To those who were there i give you 10/10 fantastic atmosphere

... I'm still a little dubious about Grealish and his contribution when attacking, perhaps he's nervous and needs to take a leap of faith to run at his man more often.

UTV!

As the match time flowed, more and more was Grealish involved in our attacking moves. When nobody wanted to dig deep for the ball, he was one of only two who wanted the ball constantly. Everybody else were just expecting to hoof it over the pitch. Jack deserves a start on Saturday and it can be his breaking performance.

didnt like the line up, no way should nzogbia be playing, think my reservations were justified, he was poor tonight, doesnt offer himself enough, definitely doesnt run past the man with the ball enough

:o

We must have watched a different game and a different N'Zogbia. I too didn't like him starting, but he looked like a completely different player to the one we've seen in a Villa shirt before. Yes, a few times he tried a run that didn't come off (as all of our attacking players did occasionally), but his little flicks, one-twos and link up play was almost completely spot on. He was vital to many of our attacking moves in the first half.

That was probably Zog's best game for us, in my opinion.

didnt like the line up, no way should nzogbia be playing, think my reservations were justified, he was poor tonight, doesnt offer himself enough, definitely doesnt run past the man with the ball enough

:o

We must have watched a different game and a different N'Zogbia. I too didn't like him starting, but he looked like a completely different player to the one we've seen in a Villa shirt before. Yes, a few times he tried a run that didn't come off (as all of our attacking players did occasionally), but his little flicks, one-twos and link up play was almost completely spot on. He was vital to many of our attacking moves in the first half.

That was probably Zog's best game for us, in my opinion.

Nothing special, mediocre performance from NZog and he should shoot after his solo run into the box few minutes before substitution. His flicks on the touchline were dangerous sometimes for our defence, as there was always a threat of counterattacks by WBA.

Think we won the pen on 92:34 seconds (3 mins added)

I can't think of any other goals that late since Young v Everton (or Knight v Arsenal)

Never have so few made such a racket!

31,000 sounded like 50,000!

I actually prefer it when there's 30k there than a sell out!

I don't care if we celebrated like we won the World Cup, it was a massive game and the baggies may have just saved our season and domidnt their little faces at the end know it. Never seen them try to leave so quickly!

Bring on Saturday!

Think I yelled 'Penalty!' 6-7 times while running around the lounge. I also cheered it like a goal, never assumed we'd miss it, which is strangely optimistic for me.

Amazing drama! We were good value for it as well. Why oh why N'Zogbia starts over Gil I have no clue but overall the formation worked and in the first half they couldn't live with us at all. Gabby MOTM but Clark and Lowton were also excellent, Delph, Cleverley and Benteke much improved. 

Long way to go but if we play like that during the run in we won't go too far wrong.

This was the analysis by my Baggies supporter mate:

Ironically the game was decided by the two worst players on the park. Never seen Foster have such a shocker ... Villa looked as though the long ball game was going to bring them nul point once again but once they scored it was different. Couldn't complain if Villa were 3 up at half time and for the first 15 minutes or so of the second half totally dominant but when Albion scored it was all change and we could have got a quick second if it wasn't for the super human lung bursting effort from Akore (?) to cut out Morrison's cross pass to Idehe for a tap in. Benteke was shit all game, no effort, no endeavour then all forgiven from the Villa fans as he puts the penalty away like Joe Cool ...

Fair assessment, TBH.

• Like 1

Imagine not being a football fan. Never knowing what nights like last night feel like. Never getting to experience the utter elation as that ball rolled over the line. Going through life blissfully ignorant of the moment when you are jumping up and down hugging total strangers. What an empty life they must lead

I try and explain this to my Mrs and she just doesn't get it. Oh well, her loss!

My word I'm hungover.

Clark immense. Delph pumped. Holte rocking.

Haven't felt like that at a game since Zat Knight against Arsenal (no pun intended)

Do you know why it feels so good? Because the Holte created the tension and urgency and exploded when we scored. We need to do this every single game. It has such a massive effect. Baggies scored five mins after they finally started singing.

Every single one of you in the Holte sing for the whole game on Sat and we will win. And don't be afraid to start a chant, it usually works!

Come on you Villa boys!

Imagine not being a football fan. Never knowing what nights like last night feel like. Never getting to experience the utter elation as that ball rolled over the line. Going through life blissfully ignorant of the moment when you are jumping up and down hugging total strangers. What an empty life they must lead

Spot on this

Most of them probably say "it's only a bunch of grown men kicking a football around" - or something similar 

Aston Villa manager Tim Sherwood has come to the defence of Alan Hutton after the RIGHT picked up a two-game ban following a nasty challenge on West Brom striker Saido Berhaino.

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Match stats

A lot of positives to be drawn, not just the result.

Â