Possibly interesting maps...

tonyh29

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

It's amazing how many they built in Tunisia, especially since a quick glance at a modern map suggests they haven't changed much!

Carthaginia, innit? 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, BOF said:

Romans looking over at the Irish : "F*ck. That".

The Irish looking back at the Romans and their roads in Britain and saying “Good start, give us a couple of millennia and we’ll carry on with the job.”

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Michelsen said:

Carthage. Ought to be destroyed, by the way. #justmyopinion

I've always understood Carthage was the city, and Carthaginia the country. Or maybe 'Carthaginian' only exists as an adjective? Anyway, yeah. Delenda est. 

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

I've always understood Carthage was the city, and Carthaginia the country. Or maybe 'Carthaginian' only exists as an adjective? Anyway, yeah. Delenda est. 

I honestly don’t know, I’ve just had enough of it!  

(I don’t think there was a country as such, much like there was never a country of Romania to the city of Rome. Hang on, this is getting confusing. Anyway, I think you’re right, that it’s an adjective.) 

Edited by Michelsen
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

Carthage = The City State. 

Carthaginia = The area conquered, controlled or governed by Carthage.   

I’ve never heard the term Carthaginia used for what I’ve always called The Carthaginian Empire or simply Carthage. I don’t mean to be difficult, but if you have source material to back that up, I’d be very happy for the clarification. The closest I can think of is the Spanish city of Cartagena. 

Edited by Michelsen

Â