Possibly interesting maps...

tonyh29

10 minutes ago, Genie said:

EB4-F0-EFD-E2-CC-4-FC6-AF46-AD2-FC1-B69-

I think there was much skepticism about the data the first time that was posted 

Mushy Peas isn't a sauce for starters and Merseyside is definitely a curry sauce area, we aren't like those filthy Lancastrians

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bickster said:

I think there was much skepticism about the data the first time that was posted 

Mushy Peas isn't a sauce for starters and Merseyside is definitely a curry sauce area, we aren't like those filthy Lancastrians

Ah, didn’t realise it was a repost.

I guess in this survey “sauce” means something people pour all over their food. 
By the way, wtf is chip sauce? Never heard of that. 

2 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Total of 10 responses from Northern Ireland and they came up with 4 different choices.

Read in to that what you will.

So. Many. Smart. Remarks.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Genie said:

Ah, didn’t realise it was a repost.

I guess in this survey “sauce” means something people pour all over their food. 
By the way, wtf is chip sauce? Never heard of that. 

Ah, an Edinburgh delicacy / disgusting habit

It is HP Sauce mixed with vinegar that replaces vinegar

Go into any Edinburgh chippy and the question will be "Salt and Sauce?"

To which any sane person will reply, "No you f***en heathen just get the Malt Vinegar out you absolute pervert"

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

Ah, an Edinburgh delicacy / disgusting habit

It is HP Sauce mixed with vinegar that replaces vinegar

Go into any Edinburgh chippy and the question will be "Salt and Sauce?"

To which any sane person will reply, "No you f***en heathen just get the Malt Vinegar out you absolute pervert"

Is the issue here that you don't like HP sauce, or that you don't like it mixed with vinegar? Cos the latter might be understandable - dunno, never tried it - but the former would be baffling.

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

Is the issue here that you don't like HP sauce, or that you don't like it mixed with vinegar? Cos the latter might be understandable - dunno, never tried it - but the former would be baffling.

It's not entirely without its charms. I've had it a few times. Adds a teeny bit of sweetness to the vinegar. It's no curry sauce though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

Indeed, this chip sauce intrigues me and sounds delicious.

• Like 1

Just now, BOF said:

It's not entirely without its charms. I've had it a few times. Adds a teeny bit of sweetness to the vinegar. It's no curry sauce though.

Its the mixture, I have nothing against the HP. HP is perfectly fine in the correct setting, which for me is fry ups and the like. Not really ever tried pure HP on chips though, never appealed

The fact that your chips look like they've been spat at by the final surge of a sphincter emitting severe diarrhea is a little off putting and not even salt can quell that thought

• Like 1

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

I remember being asked in Scotland "Soss?" and being baffled.

I said no so I can't tell you if it's any good, but it sounds like a bad idea.

Back in the day, many Edinburgh chippies were Italian run (might still be today but I don’t know). The popular refrain was always “salt an a soss?” in a strong Italian accent. It’s been years since I’ve had it but might knock up a batch myself now I think about it. 

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

Its the mixture, I have nothing against the HP. HP is perfectly fine in the correct setting, which for me is fry ups and the like. Not really ever tried pure HP on chips though, never appealed

The fact that your chips look like they've been spat at by the final surge of a sphincter emitting severe diarrhea is a little off putting and not even salt can quell that thought

I've only once been put off by how a meal looked, and that was a cuttlefish in its own ink. It looked like black printer ink and it had seaped into the mash on the side turning it into a grey mulch. It was all awful, but I managed to keep a straight face for long enough to convince the Mrs to try some.  She nearly puked at the table and I cried laughing at her reaction. Totally worth it.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, bickster said:

we aren't like those filthy Lancastrians

Map needs updating - will go for Fish Chips and gravy to re-inforce the data when I get out of this Skype work meeting.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, blandy said:

Map needs updating - will go for Fish Chips and gravy to re-inforce the data when I get out of this Skype work meeting.

I've just ordered the entire department to get curry sauce and chips for lunch to compensate for this filthy behaviour

• Haha 2

Â