The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

I don't think people really know what "Moneyball" is. It has nothing to do with having a transfer team.

Mentioned this yesterday - I think it's more the Front Office set up that american football and baseball teams have always used, where a coach is given a squad and is expected to coach them to victory.  It seems to get called the 'moneyball approach'.

There's no spin required to see that a lot of our summer signings have looked way off premier league level and have contributed little. Anyone with eyes can see that. It doesn't mean they wouldn't be better with another manager but I'm starting to feel like I did after Lambert's second summer window, that initial excitement is fading fast.

How would those same players be under a different manager, in a settled side with a clear and consistent strategy?

But even if it is the players (and personally I think we have better players than half a dozen sides) Sherwood had a hand in recruiting them

and even if, as Sherwood is now intimating, much of the revruitment was out of his hands then that shows his weakness in that he was unable to get his voice heard loud enough in the debate (imagine Big Sam or Pulis or Moyes or Mourinho or Ferguson in the same situation)

If we don't sack Sherwood in the next week we are going down guaranteed (and maybe if we do)

Only it's not guaranteed at all, is it. It won't even take a miracle.

That said, I was looking at our squad yesterday and comparing it to the likes of Crystal Palace. They are in reality streets ahead, I was surprised. Sure we have plenty of potential, but it has not been anywhere near realised at this point. As in I *think* they are a good set of players, but after a pre season and 11 games, I've still no clue either way. Neither have they I imagine.

So it's a long road up still, I'm starting to think that we may be running out of time as it is.

of course it's not guaranteed, that is just a turn of phrase driven by anger and frustration, however, personally I believe that we are going down under Sherwood. 

I'm also not concerned about Crystal Palace who seem to have a different philosophy and ambition to us, at the moment I just want us to be better than Bournemouth wba Norwich Sunderland Watford Stoke and be sitting 14th. Again my belief is that our squad is good enough to be lower midtable 

Warburton's teams play at a high tempo and attack.

I dough know if this is true.  I believe his teams mainly loaf around.

The position we are in we need a manager to concentrate on the bread and butter

• Like 2

Warburton's teams play at a high tempo and attack.

I dough know if this is true.  I believe his teams mainly loaf around.

The position we are in we need a manager to concentrate on the bread and butter

With Warburton in charge, we'd be ciabatta'd every game

• Like 1

I don't think people really know what "Moneyball" is. It has nothing to do with having a transfer team.

Mentioned this yesterday - I think it's more the Front Office set up that american football and baseball teams have always used, where a coach is given a squad and is expected to coach them to victory.  It seems to get called the 'moneyball approach'.

Its one of the most abused terms in sports journalism/comment at the moment and is only ever used as a pejorative term. 

There is a film Draft Day out on Netflix that basically shows what it involves.  Not a bad show actually.

Is Gabby is the only other constant along with Lerner.

Won't this be his 3rd manager bust up now?

There is definitely a trouble maker/gossip spreader in the team.  Someone is leaking the line-ups and training ground info.

Edited by simont123

There is a film Draft Day out on Netflix that basically shows what it involves.  Not a bad show actually.

Or the movie "Moneyball?!" 

• Like 1

Warburton's done very well at lower levels but again, he's not got any top flight experience - not as a player, nor as a manager. 

Been in management for like 2 years and currently Rangers manager, it's an absolutely hilarious and pitiful suggestion. **** sake. 

• Like 1

You'd think that all the names being linked with the job in the press would be enough for the club to come out and back Sherwood if they were really behind him.

thats because they arent

• Like 3

You'd think that all the names being linked with the job in the press would be enough for the club to come out and back Sherwood if they were really behind him.

thats because they arent

Fact or opinion? I have been told otherwise.

I could be wrong, but isnt the equivilant of it in football most likely be FatSam/Pulis? A very ugly/unappealing high stat plays which reduces other teams from being able to exploit them? I dont really know what it means, interested though

Â