The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

.....it may have the desired effect, but is it right and is there a much more intelligent solution.

what would a "much more intelligent solution" look like exactly?

it was a question, not an answer......I have commented many times, i don't know the answer, just questioning the rationale behind changing managers every 5 minutes.

That's an absolute cop out!  So people are wrong to want Sherwood gone, you've got no alternative solution but you suspect that a much more intellgent the answer is out there?

If it were up to you how long would you keep Sherwood assuming no win on Saturday? Spurs, MC? Everton? Watford? when would enough be enough for you??

• Like 2

.....it may have the desired effect, but is it right and is there a much more intelligent solution.

it was a question, not an answer......I have commented many times, i don't know the answer, just questioning the rationale behind changing managers every 5 minutes.

That's an absolute cop out!  So people are wrong to want Sherwood gone, you've got no alternative solution but you suspect that a much more intellgent the answer is out there?

If it were up to you how long would you keep Sherwood assuming no win on Saturday? Spurs, MC? Everton? Watford? when would enough be enough for you??

Even more of a cop-out when we aren't changing managers every 5 minutes.

• Like 4

If the board haven't made up their mind about Sherwood then they are even more clueless than I feared.

Surely the only reason he's still here is that Villa are still searching for/negotiating with his replacement?

We aren't changing managers every 5 minutes though, are we? Lambert had just under 3 years before Sherwood. Although Sherwood has only had coming up to 9 months, he is averaging less than a point a game in his time here, so if he doesn't improve soon we are going down, unless of course we bring a better manager in.

We only change managers, because we are so crap at getting the right one in. Last season Moyes and Pullis were available - we missed em - this season  wever already missed big sam.

Houllier, Mcleish, Sherwood - all looked very risky appointments even when they were made - Lambert looked slightly better but in the end couldn't cut it. IMO 3 ot the last 4 managers were doomed before they started. 

Personally I'm not convinced that there is any alternative manager that can sort this mess out. Packing the squad out with untested premier league players was a massive gamble, we went down this route with with Lambert with the whole young and hungry plan which we seem to have replaced with the foreign and look good statistically plan. Both of which are a bit shit IMO

If the board haven't made up their mind about Sherwood then they are even more clueless than I feared.

Surely the only reason he's still here is that Villa are still searching for/negotiating with his replacement?

How much confidence do you have in your last sentence being true ? 

If Bosnia Herzigovina were to knock Ireland out of the Euros in a couple of weeks does anyone think Lerner may go to the only manager who's brought him any success in football cap in hand? O'Neill's stock is nowhere near as high as it was when he left us so it could be as good a gig as he's likely to get again.

Any takers?? 

If Bosnia Herzigovina were to knock Ireland out of the Euros in a couple of weeks does anyone think Lerner may go to the only manager who's brought him any success in football cap in hand? O'Neill's stock is nowhere near as high as it was when he left us so it could be as good a gig as he's likely to get again.

Any takers?? 

God, no!

• Like 3

Any takers?? 

Only if he brings Keane with him :D

5 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:
  5 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

Any takers?? 

Only if he brings Keane with him :D

I would take him back if he brought Robertson with him - he hasn't been the same manager without him.

Edited by El-Reacho

How much confidence do you have in your last sentence being true ? 

This being Villa, sadly not as much as I would wish to 

I think he will definitely be sacked on Saturday night if we fail to beat Swansea. The AVST calls for either him to be sacked or for the board to come out and offer support to TS. It's obvious that Fox is thinking about it otherwise we would've released a statement by now.  

Â