The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Saying that Agbonlahor was involved and Sherwood has gone 'barmy'. The guy it's coming from has said a few things in the past that have turned out to be true but also quite a few things that have been false (mostly takeover related). Lets hope he's wrong on this occasion.

Edited by useless

If Bosnia Herzigovina were to knock Ireland out of the Euros in a couple of weeks does anyone think Lerner may go to the only manager who's brought him any success in football cap in hand? O'Neill's stock is nowhere near as high as it was when he left us so it could be as good a gig as he's likely to get again.

Any takers?? 

Only if he brings Keane with him :D

I hope you mean Robbie Keane! 

I think personally Villa might look at someone like Warburton, someone who has experience of being in championship. I have  a feeling they will aim for a manager with in the back of their mind if we go down he can get us up at first attempt. That is why as much as I want Moyes cant see it happening

You may be right as it is possible that with Lambert having lost the plot so badly and gone so negative that Sherwood got an initial reaction out of the players simply by allowing them to take the Lambert shackles off and encouraging them to go out to attack, create chances and score some goals. That I guess can be the trouble with the initial bounce you get from a new manager in that it may not be a long term indicator as to what is to come.

I guess we will find a lot out about Sherwood and his ability to motivate the players, or their willingness to put a shift in for their manager, on Saturday. Given the importance of the game I expect us to come out all guns blazing and really taking the game to Swansea. For what it’s worth I think we’ll win by a couple of goals resulting in Sherwood remaining in post for a while longer at least which as long as he starts to get results suits me fine as that is the bottom line for me.

I have seen some say even if we win on Saturday they want him gone. Those supporters are living in la la land though if they think that could happen. A win gets him till the Watford home at least given the fixtures before that.

I am fortunate I guess as I don’t despise Sherwood like some and remain relatively neutral with him. If he starts to get results then great I am happy to see him stay. If he doesn't immediately get results though, meaning the next game, then I will be happy to see the back of him and see someone else get a chance.

Not sure why people are living in "la la Land" to want him gone even if we win on Saturday.  It's their right to have that opinion and a lot do.  Me included. 

I suggest you read what I wrote again Richard. I didn't say people are living in la la land to want him gone even if we win on Saturday. I said they are living in la la land if they think that could happen. If he is going to get sacked regardless of the result on Saturday he'd have been sacked already. I am convinced a win on Saturday buys him another 4 games at least which would take him up to the Watford game.

Supporters can still want him gone if we wins 10 on the spin that is their prerogative and an opinion they would be entitled to. Me I simply want to see us win some games and whilst Sherwood is manager I hope he can do that. If he does start getting results that is enough for me I am happy for him to stay. If not then he will be shown the door and someone else gets a crack at it.

Edited by markavfc40

I think personally Villa might look at someone like Warburton, someone who has experience of being in championship. I have  a feeling they will aim for a manager with in the back of their mind if we go down he can get us up at first attempt. That is why as much as I want Moyes cant see it happening

You would expect any competent board to have a contingency plan, but that is all it should be at this stage. Plan A should be to recruit a Manager capable of pulling us out the mess we are in and keeping us in the PL.

Warburton represents a risk in my mind, atm we need a safe pair of hands IMO. 

TBAR rumours of a training ground bust up yesterday 

Can pretty much confine this to the nonsense bin then ;)

Gabby instigating a player revolt in training and Sherwood has gone mental, I love TBAR :rolleyes:

There's no spin required to see that a lot of our summer signings have looked way off premier league level and have contributed little. Anyone with eyes can see that. It doesn't mean they wouldn't be better with another manager but I'm starting to feel like I did after Lambert's second summer window, that initial excitement is fading fast.

How would those same players be under a different manager, in a settled side with a clear and consistent strategy?

But even if it is the players (and personally I think we have better players than half a dozen sides) Sherwood had a hand in recruiting them

and even if, as Sherwood is now intimating, much of the revruitment was out of his hands then that shows his weakness in that he was unable to get his voice heard loud enough in the debate (imagine Big Sam or Pulis or Moyes or Mourinho or Ferguson in the same situation)

If we don't sack Sherwood in the next week we are going down guaranteed (and maybe if we do)

Only it's not guaranteed at all, is it. It won't even take a miracle.

That said, I was looking at our squad yesterday and comparing it to the likes of Crystal Palace. They are in reality streets ahead, I was surprised. Sure we have plenty of potential, but it has not been anywhere near realised at this point. As in I *think* they are a good set of players, but after a pre season and 11 games, I've still no clue either way. Neither have they I imagine.

So it's a long road up still, I'm starting to think that we may be running out of time as it is.

So far in the media we've been linked with Rodgers, Moyes, Monk, Bradley, McInnes and Warburton. Surely that says a lot.. I know the papers often make stuff up, but I'm not sure I''m aware of another manager who's had so many alternatives linked with his position whilst still in job himself.

Gabby instigating a player revolt in training and Sherwood has gone mental, I love TBAR :rolleyes:

I doubt Gabby can even spell instigate.

Joking aside, I would love it to be true, a player revolt would certainly hasten Tim's exit.

If Bosnia Herzigovina were to knock Ireland out of the Euros in a couple of weeks does anyone think Lerner may go to the only manager who's brought him any success in football cap in hand? O'Neill's stock is nowhere near as high as it was when he left us so it could be as good a gig as he's likely to get again.

Any takers?? 

**** no

thought I expect MON to walk out 4 days before the play-offs

• Like 3

Actually no.

From another source, I personally believe something of this ilk did happen at training yesterday. 

• Like 1

Â