The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

I'm not sure what Stan expected, you can't give your employer Pelter's on national radio and in the written press and expect to keep your job. 

Whether or not his views are correct or otherwise is irrelevant.

He is untitled to his opinion.Its becoming a dictatorship now at Villa. Your not allowed an opinion.

He is right we are a laughing stock and all the signs point to a club going down. Crap manager, board vs manager, manager critising players openly. team cant score. just negative atmosphere at the club. If Collymore isnt allowed to praise sherwood then why have they still got him in charge?

Le Tissier and Shearer have got in trouble at their clubs for similar things

not a Villa thing

I'm not sure what Stan expected, you can't give your employer Pelter's on national radio and in the written press and expect to keep your job. 

He is untitled to his opinion.Its becoming a dictatorship now at Villa. Your not allowed an opinion.

He is right we are a laughing stock and all the signs point to a club going down. Crap manager, board vs manager, manager critising players openly. team cant score. just negative atmosphere at the club. If Collymore isnt allowed to praise sherwood then why have they still got him in charge?

not a Villa thing

Just because it occurred at other clubs doesn't mean its acceptable at our club in my view

not a Villa thing

It's in a lot of work contracts now that you can't slag your employers off on social media, it's in mine. 

not a Villa thing

Just because it occurred at other clubs doesn't mean its acceptable at our club in my view

If you slagged the company you worked for off in public and the national press, would you be surprised if they decided not to employ you anymore?

• Like 1

1 more game left

I agree. I think that his briefings to the press and the outpourings from the pundits have done for him. Collymore has added another nail.

I now get the sense that the club want him gone, despite everything Krulak said

not a Villa thing

If you slagged the company you worked for off in public and the national press, would you be surprised if they decided not to employ you anymore?

What did he actually say? I was under the impression he was just supporting Sherwood?

So much THIS. I can't work out why the sudden strop except the fact they've stopped asking him to write a column in the programme. Its understandable if he is being public critical of the ownership in other areas. 

Also to be clear Tom Fox's job title is Chief Executive Officer - not DoF as Stan states in his statement. 

not a Villa thing

What did he actually say? I was under the impression he was just supporting Sherwood?

He's pretty consistently slagged off the ownership of the club, recently.

Which, as a broadcaster, he's obviously entitled to do. it's a valid opinion.
But he shouldn't expect to keep his role of writing a column for the programme if he does so.

This is nothing to do with supporting Sherwood. The club obviously isn't going to ban someone from writing in the programme for supporting the manager. 

dounavilla the answer is yes.

The club is in a mess,  I would say it's actually a bigger mess than the famous GTMK1 mess.  I fear it is a mess that we will not recover from as quickly this time around

• Like 1

Here's a question to throw out to other Villans; say we lose to Swansea and Sherwood gets the sack, how long would you give the next man in charge? I mean, what if after 25 games we are on say 14-16 points, would you blame Sherwood for the slow start or would you blame the likes of Fox, Reilly, and Almstadt for their summer dealings?

My point is, the next man may not be able to save us either and with 28 games to go and 84 points to play for, we certainly should not be beyond saving.

Good question Villarocker!

If the next guy takes us down it could hardly be classed as his fault, certainly not totally, which is why he'd probably stay in charge even if that happened. However, if he presided over 0 victories and 0 improvement, he too would probably go.

Either way, that realistic possibility does place some serious pressure on whomever is appointed next.

Very probably we will get it wrong and 'go cheap' in keeping with recent thinking.

Here's a question to throw out to other Villans; say we lose to Swansea and Sherwood gets the sack, how long would you give the next man in charge? I mean, what if after 25 games we are on say 14-16 points, would you blame Sherwood for the slow start or would you blame the likes of Fox, Reilly, and Almstadt for their summer dealings?

My point is, the next man may not be able to save us either and with 28 games to go and 84 points to play for, we certainly should not be beyond saving.

its not necessarily about time and points, the media will use stats and benchmarks, mainly because its easier but also because the reality is they dont watch us every week, the sherwood deserves more time argument is a shit one IMO

id get the new bloke in, see how we set up, assuming that we come up with a clear idea as to how we are meant to be playing then my expected failing, a proper goalscorer, wont be held against him

if a new bloke comes in and looks every bit as clueless then i'll happily blame him too

I read all these musings about how this manager or that might fare at Villa, and it's good fun, I admit. I join in the fantasizing myself. We're in the shit -- what else is there to do but dream of a savior?

But I still don't think a change at the top addresses the fundamental structural defects with the club. What if no matter who we get in, the results are pretty much what they would have been had Sherwood stayed? Then what will you think? Are we going to just keep throwing paint against the wall, hoping something sticks?

I'm not advocating that Tim stay, but the manager-change question has a way of subtly masking other key issues, and above all, for me, the main question is now player quality.

My 2 cents.

63512904.jpg

though on the Moneyball approach I dont think we did sign players from that. Midjylland won Danish league playing a "Moneyball" approach and had a lot of goals from set pieces which I imagine would be a main part of stats that you could use in football.

Rule 1 of Moneyball would be get Westwood off **** set pieces

Â