The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Not saying I particularly want him, but I don't know why someone like José Mourinho, doesn't come here to further his reputation in the game.. I'm sure he's pretty stable financially and it's not as if we'd exactly be paying peanuts anyway. I'd be interested to see how we'd do. If I was a 'world class' manager or even a player, I'd find it very interesting to see how I'd cope at struggling club.

• Like 1

We cant afford a risk again. Not at this stage.

We really should have gone for Big Sam. Moyes or Rodgers is the only real option. Neither really have experience in relegation battles all that much either. Its a different sort of pressure. Would love to see how someone like Mourinho would cope with the pressure of the Villa job. ( i know it wont ever happen).

Its a tough gig. Almost have to set up your team and tactics a complete different way. Not sure too many managers available to keep us up now..... almost better off keeping Tim.

I just cant see us getting another 34 points to stay up. Seems so far away.. other seasons we had got off to a much better start... we have folded early..

Let's just see how Big Sam does at Blunderland. I think they might be too far gone.

I'm not sure what Stan expected, you can't give your employer Pelter's on national radio and in the written press and expect to keep your job. 

Whether or not his views are correct or otherwise is irrelevant.

He is untitled to his opinion.Its becoming a dictatorship now at Villa. Your not allowed an opinion.

He is right we are a laughing stock and all the signs point to a club going down. Crap manager, board vs manager, manager critising players openly. team cant score. just negative atmosphere at the club. If Collymore isnt allowed to praise sherwood then why have they still got him in charge?

Le Tissier and Shearer have got in trouble at their clubs for similar things

not a Villa thing

Just because it occurred at other clubs doesn't mean its acceptable at our club in my view

If you slagged the company you worked for off in public and the national press, would you be surprised if they decided not to employ you anymore?

I once slagged off an opticians I worked for on Facebook. They sacked me right good and proper. ;)

Today we've had McLeish, Neville, Carragher and Jenas backing Sherwood as well as Collymore.

Jenas even went as far as saying Villa will go down but it won't be Timmy's fault, how it won't be a managers fault is beyond me, it's like saying Pellegrini winning the title was down to the owners.

• Like 1

Not saying I particularly want him, but I don't know why someone like José Mourinho, doesn't come here to further his reputation in the game.. I'm sure he's pretty stable financially and it's not as if we'd exactly be paying peanuts anyway. I'd be interested to see how we'd do. If I was a 'world class' manager or even a player, I'd find it very interesting to see how I'd cope at struggling club.

A man with an ego of his size would never come near a club that couldn't guarantee him success. His reputation in the game will be just fine flitting from top club to top club.

if the reports are right and sherwood didn't pick the players, some moneyball scheme picked the players, who would the moneyball scheme pick as the next manager?

BIlly Beane

Billy Beane was the General manager, not the manager of the team. :P

I cant remember Philip Seymour Hofmann characters name ;)

Today we've had McLeish, Neville, Carragher and Jenas backing Sherwood as well as Collymore.

Jenas even went as far as saying Villa will go down but it won't be Timmy's fault, how it won't be a managers fault is beyond me, it's like saying Pellegrini winning the title was down to the owners.

a lot of people do say City owners won the leagues and not Mancini and Pellegrini

same at Chelsea

Edited by Zatman

though on the Moneyball approach I dont think we did sign players from that. Midjylland won Danish league playing a "Moneyball" approach and had a lot of goals from set pieces which I imagine would be a main part of stats that you could use in football.

Rule 1 of Moneyball would be get Westwood off **** set pieces

Liverpool have made some cracking signings using the moneyball approach.

Those that want Sherwood out and another manager to take over this team cannot see the bigger picture. Regardless of who we bring in, Aston Villa Football Club will still have the same problems that they had when Paul Lambert was manager or when Alex McLeish and Gerard Houllier were managers.  

Everything starts from the top right down to the pitch, we have a CCO as our CEO that has tried to employ a business strategy into our football philosophy. The best WE can do as Aston Villa SUPPORTERS is to SUPPORT OUR manager and get behind OUR team. Chopping and changing managers and booing our team will NOT help us in this league. Strange that most fans on here were drooling over Tim Sherwoods signings after the Bournemouth game and throughout the summer but now he has lost the plot? 

Was David O' Leary right ten years ago when he called us fickle? at this moment he is.  

Now is the time to take the good with the bad and SUPPORT OUR CLUB!

Edited by Reivax_Villa
  • Like 2

No you wouldn't.

Or rather you might be interested, but you wouldn't risk your reputation on it.

Mourinho or any top manager could get any job in the world. He wouldn't risk that by taking on a club like us. He'd be throwing away millions and millions and millions of pounds.

• Like 1

if the reports are right and sherwood didn't pick the players, some moneyball scheme picked the players, who would the moneyball scheme pick as the next manager?

BIlly Beane

Billy Beane was the General manager, not the manager of the team. :P

I cant remember Philip Seymour Hofmann characters name ;)

Art Howe I think.

Putting whatever issues you might have with Stan aside, he is bang on the money.

with regards to the board and the people above sherwood he is

but it wasnt randy lerner that told sherwood to take a MOTM sanchez off vs palace... and thats just one baffling decision, there are many many examples 

the old boys brigade will be up in arms when the bullet does come

• Like 3

though on the Moneyball approach I dont think we did sign players from that. Midjylland won Danish league playing a "Moneyball" approach and had a lot of goals from set pieces which I imagine would be a main part of stats that you could use in football.

Rule 1 of Moneyball would be get Westwood off **** set pieces

Liverpool have made some cracking signings using the moneyball approach.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSy5mEcmgwU

I think if José Mourinho came here or to another struggling clun and didn't do very well he'd still be regarded as one of the best managers in the world and would still find work at one of the top clubs. I'm sure he's been quoted as saying he's made for life and isn't bothered about money.

Those that want Sherwood out and another manager to take over this team cannot see the bigger picture. Regardless of who we bring in, Aston Villa Football Club will still have the same problems that they had when Paul Lambert was manager or when Alex McLeish and Gerard Houllier were managers.  

Everything starts from the top right down to the pitch, we have a CCO as our CEO that has tried to employ a business strategy into our football philosophy. The best WE can do as Aston Villa SUPPORTERS is to SUPPORT OUR manager and get behind OUR team. Chopping and changing managers and booing our team will NOT help us in this league. Strange that most fans on here were drooling over Tim Sherwoods signings after the Bournemouth game and throughout the summer but now he has lost the plot? 

Was David O' Leary right ten years ago when he called us fickle? at this moment he is.  

Thinly veiled better fan rant.

• Like 3

I think if José Mourinho came here or to another struggling clun and didn't do very well he'd still be regarded as one of the best managers in the world and would still find work at one of the top clubs. I'm sure he's been quoted as saying he's made for life and isn't bothered about money.

I'm sure he's quoted as saying that. Doesn't make it true.

Why would he be taking a £250,000 a week salary at Chelsea if he wasn't bothered about money?

• Like 1

We all know Lerners the problem but until he goes what can we do? He wants to go but if no owners out there what can we do? All we can do is get a quality a manager who can work within the current structure. look at the mess blose are in but yet Rowett has come in and turned their fortunes around during difficult times. I really believe Sherwood is a major problem in why he have been so poor.

I maintain that Moyes would be fantastic for this club

Â