The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

I agree with Stan. I fear I maybe a quiet minority reading this thread but I'd sooner have Sherwood than Monk, Rogers or Moyes.

Monk has inherited a good side and is continuing a philosophy that was put in place dating back to Martinez. Who incidentally has turned us down a few times. Monks performances as of late isn't enough to be warranting a frenzy over his appointment.

Rogers was outsmarted by 'Tactics Tim' in an FA Cup Semi Final and his ability to turn things around when the chips are down would concern me.

Moyes is struggling in Spain. There is debate about his time at Man Utd and even Everton fans that have said they should of achieved more under his time. Not only this he was appointed in 2002. Things have changed since then.

Sherwood got us out of a big mess last year. He has proven he can do it so I'd sooner back his corner. Much has been said about our net spend which was £8.25 million in the summer. This doesn't get you a decent keeper these days. Most teams would suffer losing Benteke, Delph and Cleverley let alone a team who scrapped past relegation. I think any of the names being branded around would only inherit the same problems and another 30 odd games down the line we would be here again. The heat has been turned up after the Chelsea game. A game that we should not of lost but a mistake by Guzan. Who I do believe Sherwood had earmarked as one of the first players to replace but funding wouldn't allow. I understand the frustrations! I haven't got my head in the sand, I see after watching them week after week we have been poor but I think a little more patience is needed. I really hope we can get a result Saturday and things turn around. For obvious reasons but also I'd like Sherwood to succeed as Villa manager.

• Like 2

Maybe the club just finally realise Collymore is a clearing in the woods.

Edit: really? I always thought the word filter for clearing in the woods, was something much worse.

Edited by jon_c

Obviously Collymore wasn't sidelined for supporting Sherwood, it was for criticising the club policy. He's just being the publicity-seeking bellend that he always is and milking it. Embarrassing that he was ever allowed to be involved with the club in an official capacity again anyway.

You can't really blame the club can you?

They're not going to put articles in the programme that criticises the way the club is being run.

Wouldnt' surprise me if Collymore is being a bit generous with the truth too. He  has a history of it.

I imagine, for a start, that it's got nothing to do with his support of Sherwood.

Count me out RE: Bradley. Too big a risk IMO - he's not managed at this sort of level before, certainly not at a club that resembles ours. We need experience, badly. 

I don't know if PL experience is going to count for that much. BB has had a pretty varied career, and obviously has a brain in his head. I think he'd cope about as well as anyone.

I'd rather have Moyes in because he's been here and done it, but that can also be a bad thing. Everton will always be Moyes's PL club, whereas Villa could be Bradley's (assuming he's forgiven us for rather shoddy treatment of his son by McLeish).

Saying that we might not have the option of getting either of them.

It was Houllier not McLeish

• Like 1

I'm not sure what Stan expected, you can't give your employer Pelter's on national radio and in the written press and expect to keep your job. 

Whether or not his views are correct or otherwise is irrelevant.

I agree with Stan. I fear I maybe a quiet minority reading this thread but I'd sooner have Sherwood than Monk, Rogers or Moyes.

Monk has inherited a good side and is continuing a philosophy that was put in place dating back to Martinez. Who incidentally has turned us down a few times. Monks performances as of late isn't enough to be warranting a frenzy over his appointment.

Rogers was outsmarted by 'Tactics Tim' in an FA Cup Semi Final and his ability to turn things around when the chips are down would concern me.

Moyes is struggling in Spain. There is debate about his time at Man Utd and even Everton fans that have said they should of achieved more under his time. Not only this he was appointed in 2002. Things have changed since then.

Sherwood got us out of a big mess last year. He has proven he can do it so I'd sooner back his corner. Much has been said about our net spend which was £8.25 million in the summer. This doesn't get you a decent keeper these days. Most teams would suffer losing Benteke, Delph and Cleverley let alone a team who scrapped past relegation. I think any of the names being branded around would only inherit the same problems and another 30 odd games down the line we would be here again. The heat has been turned up after the Chelsea game. A game that we should not of lost but a mistake by Guzan. Who I do believe Sherwood had earmarked as one of the first players to replace but funding wouldn't allow. I understand the frustrations! I haven't got my head in the sand, I see after watching them week after week we have been poor but I think a little more patience is needed. I really hope we can get a result Saturday and things turn around. For obvious reasons but also I'd like Sherwood to succeed as Villa manager.

I am going to sit on the fence regarding Sherwood as I have said from the start of the season that he will need a certain amount of games to get to know his best team. I personally would like him to get that time and see where we are then but, I also don't see why the club are sticking with him if they gave him just two games to save his job. They might just as well sack him and get in someone new.

I have a question for you though. If Swansea turn Villa over at the weekend, would you still see Sherwood as a better option than Monk? No hidden agenda behind my question, I am just wondering if a defeat would change your opinion.

I'm not sure what Stan expected, you can't give your employer Pelter's on national radio and in the written press and expect to keep your job. 

Whether or not his views are correct or otherwise is irrelevant.

He is untitled to his opinion.Its becoming a dictatorship now at Villa. Your not allowed an opinion.

He is right we are a laughing stock and all the signs point to a club going down. Crap manager, board vs manager, manager critising players openly. team cant score. just negative atmosphere at the club. If Collymore isnt allowed to praise sherwood then why have they still got him in charge?

Â