The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Precisely why he should've been sacked before the international break.

The club have bought this negativity on themselves.

Given our efficiency during the Lerner era of keeping our affairs in-house (one of the few positive things you can about it), I'm surprised that Sherwood is still here. I thought the leaks would have sped up his exit.

Interesting that pretty much no one came out to defend Advocaat when he was under pressure at Sunderland, despite the fact he arguably did an even better job than Sherwood last season. The fact that loads of people he has worked with in the past are suddenly Villa aficionados who know all the ins and outs of the club speaks volumes.

Yes good point.  Tim and his press sidekicks

• Like 1

Jenas depicts TS as a bully who undermines others, and not somebody you want managing and building a young team. They need to get rid ASAP, project Sherwood has run its course.

I think you need to study Alex Fergusons Career, you call it bullying, I call it decisive action to let a player know, that he is playing shite.....sometimes being direct is what folk want.

I personally think our football club has been subject to years of indecision and pussyfooting with players, a bit of "hometruth" doesn't hurt anyone and focuses the mind.

right now, i think he has a bunch who are just not good enough on their displays to date......most of our problems are individual errors......far too many of them.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Interesting that pretty much no one came out to defend Advocaat when he was under pressure at Sunderland, despite the fact he arguably did an even better job than Sherwood last season. The fact that loads of people he has worked with in the past are suddenly Villa aficionados who know all the ins and outs of the club speaks volumes.

Very good point.

which means exactly what?

are you suggesting brown paper envelopes or that TS's popularity amongst his peers is also working against him in some quarters of B6

The conspiracy theory strikes again.

• Like 1

Jermaine Jenus yes i can remember him setting the the world on fire with his incredible football talent.

Are you only allowed to comment on Sherwood if you've been a very successful professional footballer, then?

We're all screwed!!

• Like 2

The club is a shambles from top to bottom, it has got to the point now where I can barely be arsed to look for our results on a weekend let alone watch an actual game

• Like 1

User Actions
  Follow
gGY2AOMy_bigger.jpgAndy_avfc@Andy__avfc

Does this ring any bells??????? The man has form. Doing exactly the same here. http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/apr/11/tim-sherwood-tottenham-transfer-dealings  #avfc

Embedded image permalink

hmmmmmm

but its been pretty well known that the summer transfers of that year were awful (avb+sherwood+poch all disliked quite a few of them transfers). Dont hate on someone for saying something that is correct. Your posts are usually is legit, this point is not.

Edited by gharperr

Slightly concerned that the board, apparently putting a DoF hierarchy in place, thought it a good idea to appoint someone who has previously spoken out about that setup and wanting players with Premier League experience.

Hrmmmm.

Anyone and everyone is fault but Tim.

There is a happy medium to be struck though isn't there and I think on here at least I haven't seen anyone back Sherwood and defend him to the hilt. Not even close. A few ex pro's have got way closer to that than any Aston Villa has.

It works both ways though doesn't it. Not everything is Sherwoods fault. It makes hard reading on here though when I read crap like Guzans a spent force and is making mistakes due to Sherwood messing with his head when the reality is Guzans form had been suspect long before Sherwood arrived and his kicking had always been crap. Likewise now people stating that Sherwood should have been able to convince Delph, Benteke and Cleverley to stay. And then you have the over the top reactions post match to picking certain players such as Richardson on Saturday when the reality is Amavi had been away with the France under 21's and had been suspect defensively in recent games and Richardson actually played well. I could go on and on.

Sherwood has done a lot wrong and there are plenty of sticks to beat him with it does not require him to be lambasted for things that when looked at logically he should not be criticized for.

• Like 3

Â