The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Tim still leaking to the press then.

Don't worry, he takes full responsibility.

You don't know how the press works, apparently. This is an analysis piece. I don't see a single freshly reported fact. Again with the Anti-Sherwood frenzy! 

'Analysis' piece yet the author makes the outright claim that Sherwood had absolutely no final say on transfers - Koeman used as a reference as a manager who does in comparision. Hmm, I wonder who would be feeding the press with this narrative? Oh wait, I know...the only guy who any of this benefits of course. 

I don't understand how Sherwood can use the "i wasn't allowed to bring in any of my own players" as an excuse

Especially when we all know if he had been allowed to bring in his own players we would have ended up with the likes of Andross Townshed and Aaron Lennon where we would have had to pay over the odds and pay ridiculous wages in the process

Tbh we could have signed Messi and Neymar in the summer and still be in the relegation zone because it wouldn't have changed the fact that Sherwood is clueless and very much out of his depth

Get rid

• Like 1

Seems to be so much propaganda about in support of Sherwood. I think once we bring in a decent manager all this talk of the summer signings not being good enough, will quickly look pretty silly.

You're talking nonsense. That article isn't slanted either way.

I'm talking all sense. The article pretty much blames the summer transfer policy on our poor start to the campaign and points the finger at Almstadt and Reilly, rather than Sherwood.

Edited by useless
  • Like 3

Also the suggestion that we lost out on moves for Cambiasso, Begovic, Cleverley and Moses  because of the 'youth policy' seems ridiculous to me. I mean, I don't know if it's trying to suggest that we would have signed them if Sherwood had have had his way, but I doubt that we would have got those players whatever the strategy.

Edited by useless

I just hope the club are wise to what is happening here and what Tim is feeding his mates in the press.  Report after report coming out, sometimes 2 or 3 a day.  This is him trying to get out with some face and i believe the club are going to happily agree.  

100% he is gone, no club would put up with this back stabbing for long.

• Like 2

Seems to be so much propaganda about in support of Sherwood. I think once we bring in a decent manager all this talk of the summer signings not being good enough, will quickly look pretty silly.

You don't know how the press works, apparently. This is an analysis piece. I don't see a single freshly reported fact. Again with the Anti-Sherwood frenzy! 

I've worked in the press. Trained in Journalism. :wub:

so plenty of bullshit spouted then :-)

so plenty of bullshit spouted then :-)

you've seen me on here Naz, you know it's true ;)

(hope this quote isn't odd, it's all over the place format wise)

Sherwood has form in working the press allegedly, he was behind a series of leaks which helped get Villas Boas out of Spurs and him in the hot seat.

I don't think the Sherwood era at Villa is ending yet, it feels like the sheer law of averages will bring some kind of results and performances that will hand him a stay of execution, will it be enough to keep him in the job longterm, no idea. But if he does stay then we have to get behind him.

If things end in two matches then so be it, Chris Moyles and Brendan Rogers are both viable candidates to take over. I prefer Rogers who i think has more potential than Moyles longterm.

It's amazing how many neglect to realise that we only spent [circa] £50m precisely because of the Benteke sale. The proceeds from his departure provided a competitive budget, one which should have provided the platform to end the run of relegation battles. 

A platform -- without Benteke. In the PL. A history of relegation battles. A hybridized and laughably incoherent recruitment policy led by a scion of an American football owner and his "sports business" soccer enthusiast.

It is hardly the time to write an article about signings being flops when they are clearly being badly mismanaged.

I doubt it's propaganda. It's definitely premature.

Word. Truth spoken.

'Analysis' piece yet the author makes the outright claim that Sherwood had absolutely no final say on transfers - Koeman used as a reference as a manager who does in comparision. Hmm, I wonder who would be feeding the press with this narrative? Oh wait, I know...the only guy who any of this benefits of course. 

Nothing you say even remotely contradicts the idea of sport analysis journalism. 

If Sherwood's good at anything, its playing CREATING FRENZIES OF IRRATIONAL HATRED. the press. If nothing had been said, they would not be printing this shite about the Villa. They don't usually bother with us this early in the season, what ever the results.

Fixed.

There are a lot of press on VT -- at least 50 of us, from what I can tell. That and £1 will get you a wet sack of chips lol.

Edited by Plastic Man

Â