The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

I haven't actually looked at Lambert's CV, but you know what I mean. Besides doesn't really matter how Sherwood compares to Lambert, it's whether or not he's doing a good job relative to the other teams in the division, and he's not.

• Like 1

Besides doesn't really matter how Sherwood compares to Lambert, it's whether or not he's doing a good job relative to the other teams in the division, and he's not.

This. I said at the time we hired him that the new manager shouldn't be judged on whether he was better than the previous manager. He should be judged on his performance in isolation.

Either way, he's failing.

When you look at Lambert's CV it actually looks pretty impressive.

so did McLeish CV and had a better reference. Why im not a fan of judging a CV

That's not true though really is it?

In English football, McLeish's CV was (and is) terrible.

The only positives on his CV are from Scotland, which is about the same as having success in League 1.

• Like 2

The only positives on his CV are from Scotland, which is about the same as having success in League 1.

He won the league cup has a promotion and worked under a dreadful chairman(not much different than Martinez at Wigan), 2nd place with Motherwell, played good football at Hibs and got them promotion and did a decent job with Scotland national team, with a win in France in qualification for Euros. also 1st Scottish team ever to get out of Champions League group stage

a lot better than Lambert for me

There's one thing all three of them have in common.

They're not good enough to manage at this level consistently. All three have some of the necessary abilities and in a pinch all three can do a job. Sherwood did a fantastic job sticking a rocket up their arses last season, he put a smile on my face again. But when the crunch came he crumbled. Just like Lambert.

So basically, who cares which turd smells less. It's asinine, just like the man himself.

• Like 2

He won the league cup has a promotion and worked under a dreadful chairman(not much different than Martinez at Wigan), 2nd place with Motherwell, played good football at Hibs and got them promotion and did a decent job with Scotland national team, with a win in France in qualification for Euros. also 1st Scottish team ever to get out of Champions League group stage

In English football.

2 relegations in 3 seasons of top flight management. He got promoted, but so did Lambert, twice. Fair point about the league cup, I'd actually forgotten about that. But came at the expense of relegation.

Scottish achievements are as relevant as Lambert's promotion from League 1. 

I could manage Celtic or Rangers (at the time) to a league title.

In English football.

2 relegations in 3 seasons of top flight management. He got promoted, but so did Lambert, twice. Fair point about the league cup, I'd actually forgotten about that. But came at the expense of relegation.

I think whichever of the Glasgow teams you weren't managing would probably win the league. :P

In English football.

sure he beat an ex Villa prick to all his trophies at Rangers ;)

There's one thing all three of them have in common.

They're not good enough to manage at this level consistently. All three have some of the necessary abilities and in a pinch all three can do a job. Sherwood did a fantastic job sticking a rocket up their arses last season, he put a smile on my face again. But when the crunch came he crumbled. Just like Lambert.

So basically, who cares which turd smells less. It's asinine, just like the man himself.

Or maybe, crazy idea I know, but perhaps it's the job?

So maybe the reason why we held back on spending was we had concerns about sherwood after the disasterous run towards end of the season and we put money aside in case we were going to sack him and (me being optimsitic here) have a budget for new manager come Jnauary

So maybe the reason why we held back on spending was we had concerns about sherwood after the disasterous run towards end of the season and we put money aside in case we were going to sack him and (me being optimsitic here) have a budget for new manager come Jnauary

To be fair, I said before the summer that that's probably something we should do.

For somebody who's unproven in the transfer market, to bestow 80m quid on him is very very brave for a club not exactly blessed with loads of transfer funds. If the manager wastes the whole lot then you're left with nothing.

(Not saying Tim wasted it, but that may have been a concern from our board)

Overall the squad is better than it was last year. Just need someone to manage them properly.

Disagree with this. We have replaced Lowton with Crespo, Baker with Ilori, Vlaar with Richards, Senderos with Lescott,Delph with Gana, Cleverley with Veretout, Benteke with Gestede and Weimann with Ayew. I'm failing to see any level of improvement apart from Richards coming in.

Christ, this is a depressingly true statement.

Â