The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

It's a point of view. Wrong, but still.  

It completely ignores the influence of the manager. Take Ranieri - he's done ok and didn't bring in any of that squad.

If you're a manager - that's what you should do.  Manage. Whether you've signed off on every one or not, you manage what you have.  Stop whining and start winning. That's your job. 

• Like 2

It's just a question when not if he goes. Probably not before the Chelsea game and not straight after it unless something catastrophic happens. He'll be gone after Swansea the latest I think.

He really should've gone after Stoke. Getting rid of him in November won't be too late to save our season (provided we get the right replacement in) but I can't help feel like we're just wasting time at the moment. Get it over and done with now.

• Like 1

all managers leak stuff to the press though or have people leak information

Wouldn't surprise me if that is the case, but to do it in a manner to protect yourself (i.e. blaming our recruitment policy, saying he didn't get the players he wanted from Spurs), is pretty lame IMO.

It's just a question when not if he goes. Probably not before the Chelsea game and not straight after it unless something catastrophic happens. He'll be gone after Swansea the latest I think.

Have to say that I agree.

I really wanted Tim to succeed here, think we all did, he brought a breath of fresh air to the club which in turn kept us up and got us a cup final. I thank him for that but to be frank he just looks out of his depth. I've never seen a manager change the team so much, regardless of losing, especially with some of our performances (which have been alright at times).

Leicester game really killed his confidence.

Actually heard that Tim has recently been, and will be carrying on, leaking info/getting stories in the press to try cover his arse. Seeing stuff like that Telegraph article kinda confirms it for me now (and it is something he apparently did at Tottenham, too). However, what I heard was not only was he doing it but also that the club know and aren't happy at all about it, with Mr. Fox and Tim being on pretty bad terms.

Could be rubbish, however it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if this was the case. Hopefully one of the real "ITKs" will enlighten us but right now everything just looks pathetic, we brought in some real talent this summer and I really don't think our problems are down to our recruitment policy which looks like it could be finally on track.

Surely gross misconduct and could save us a few bob when it comes to sacking him

It's amazing how many neglect to realise that we only spent [circa] £50m precisely because of the Benteke sale. The proceeds from his departure provided a competitive budget, one which should have provided the platform to end the run of relegation battles. 

A platform -- without Benteke. In the PL. A history of relegation battles. A hybridized and laughably incoherent recruitment policy led by a scion of an American football owner and his "sports business" soccer enthusiast.

It is hardly the time to write an article about signings being flops when they are clearly being badly mismanaged.

I doubt it's propaganda. It's definitely premature.

Word. Truth spoken.

Tim still leaking to the press then.

Don't worry, he takes full responsibility.

You don't know how the press works, apparently. This is an analysis piece. I don't see a single freshly reported fact. Again with the Anti-Sherwood frenzy! 

'Analysis' piece yet the author makes the outright claim that Sherwood had absolutely no final say on transfers - Koeman used as a reference as a manager who does in comparision. Hmm, I wonder who would be feeding the press with this narrative? Oh wait, I know...the only guy who any of this benefits of course. 

Nothing you say even remotely contradicts the idea of sport analysis journalism. 

If Sherwood's good at anything, its playing CREATING FRENZIES OF IRRATIONAL HATRED. the press. If nothing had been said, they would not be printing this shite about the Villa. They don't usually bother with us this early in the season, what ever the results.

Fixed.

Seems to be so much propaganda about in support of Sherwood. I think once we bring in a decent manager all this talk of the summer signings not being good enough, will quickly look pretty silly.

You're talking nonsense. That article isn't slanted either way. 

You don't know how the press works, apparently. This is an analysis piece. I don't see a single freshly reported fact. Again with the Anti-Sherwood frenzy! 

I've worked in the press. Trained in Journalism. :wub:

There are a lot of press on VT -- at least 50 of us, from what I can tell. That and £1 will get you a wet sack of chips lol.

Only thing I want is for Tim to get the sack ;)

Have to say that I agree.

I really wanted Tim to succeed here, think we all did, he brought a breath of fresh air to the club which in turn kept us up and got us a cup final. I thank him for that but to be frank he just looks out of his depth. I've never seen a manager change the team so much, regardless of losing, especially with some of our performances (which have been alright at times).

Leicester game really killed his confidence.

Yeah I was so positive in the summer that he seemed to be what we needed. Hiring Wilkins, making some exciting and good signings and he seemed to be more astute than I first thought. I wasn't sure when he was first hired but he did exactly what was needed then, saving us from relegation. Our summer signings looked very positive, yet that seems to be the one thing he wants to distance himself from. I think most of us bought his big talk in the summer and last spring but now we've seen that he's nothing more than a big mouth who is frighteningly out of his dept.

• Like 2

Krulak has opened his gobshite of a mouth again. I might want Sherwood out, but that doesn't mean I respect Krulak's words one bit. The guy is a lunatic.

It's time for that gif again:

hqdefault.jpg

Tim Sherwood...

Ray Wilkins...

Paul Lambert...

Alex McLeish...

Anyone who refuses to play Gil

Round em up, put em in a field and bomb the bastards!

• Like 1

Overall the squad is better than it was last year. Just need someone to manage them properly.

Disagree with this. We have replaced Lowton with Crespo, Baker with Ilori, Vlaar with Richards, Senderos with Lescott,Delph with Gana, Cleverley with Veretout, Benteke with Gestede and Weimann with Ayew. I'm failing to see any level of improvement apart from Richards coming in.

Lowton with Crespo: Well Crespo seems an impeccable passer of the ball so far. Has 3 or 4 more years' experience as a defender. Quite possibly an improvement.

Baker with Illori: Illori is very highly rated, whereas Baker is a good squad player with a concussion problem.

Senderos with Lescott: Lescott might be rubbish, but he's more likely to be able to play.

Delph with Gana: So far I'm seeing a player vastly more talented than Delph, he is coming back from injury at the moment so been iffy in the last two games.

Cleverley with Veretout: Wow we've had to replace Villa Legend Tom Cleverley with some promising young Frenchie? Ellis Out! Better than Cleverley in every way.

Benteke with Gestede: If Gestede stays fit for a full season scoring at his current rate, I'd take him over Benteke firing for a third of a season.

Weimann with Ayew: Yeah, it's a disastrous swap, that one, from a sentimental point of view, anyway. Luckily, in football terms, Ayew has shown that he is at least a zillion squillion billion times more talented than Weimann.

Then there's our three best players: Traore, Gil and Grealish. Whose places have they taken in last year's squad?

Edited by CrackpotForeigner
Sorry, wrote Grealis instead of Gresford
  • Like 2

That article on our recruitment policy is a joke, and I've no idea why anyone is defending it. Amongst other amusing claims, it asserts that we just didn't try to persuade Cleverley to stay, which is genuine nonsense. Oh, and we were gonna sign Victor Moses. Cos that sounds plausible. 

• Like 3

Seems to be so much propaganda about in support of Sherwood. I think once we bring in a decent manager all this talk of the summer signings not being good enough, will quickly look pretty silly.

You're talking nonsense. That article isn't slanted either way. 

Since it does not attach any blame to Sherwood, I would suggest that it is slanted in a particular way.

• Like 2

Â