The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

He's turned us into a very good team very very quickly. I thought taking Westwood and Bacuna off so late in the game was a slight mistake though.

Yeah that's my only concern with Sherwood at this point, he doesn't seem to like shutting up shop and holding onto a lead and it's cost us a lot of late goals.  If he can get that aspect of his management style right then he could be our best manager in a very long time.  

It might well be that he doesn't believe we're able to, and looking at Lambert's time at the club that might be a fair assumption. Sometimes the best way to keep the players from shitting the bed is to keep them on the front foot. He'll have an idea of who he needs to bring in or replace if he's going to be able to close things down at the end, but I honestly think that there are mental scars from the Lambert reign on some players that are tough to shake 

Edited by P3te

we are after a very long time no longer the lowest scoring team in the league  :hooray:

Technically we haven't been since the last round - we were JOINT lowest with Sunderland and Burnley

Tim Sherwood has got us playing football unlike his predecessor who so many thought could not be bettered.

Thank you Tim for showing us the way and proving the doubters wrong.

• Like 3

He's turned us into a very good team very very quickly. I thought taking Westwood and Bacuna off so late in the game was a slight mistake though.

Yeah that's my only concern with Sherwood at this point, he doesn't seem to like shutting up shop and holding onto a lead and it's cost us a lot of late goals.  If he can get that aspect of his management style right then he could be our best manager in a very long time.  

It might well be that he doesn't believe we're able to, and looking at Lambert's time at the club that might be a fair assumption. Sometimes the best way to keep the players from shitting the bed is to keep them on the front foot. He'll have an idea of who he needs to bring in or replace if he's going to be able to close things down at the end, but I honestly think that there are mental scars from the Lambert reign on some players that are tough to shake 

Well imo it's pretty basic tactics to take off an attacker and put in a holding midfielder while trying to hold onto a lead.  Sanchez on for Zogbia/Grealish would of made a lot more sense. Taking off your holding midfielder who is having a great game to replace him with another holding midfielder is a bit silly.  Don't wanna be too critical because I'm over the moon with Sherwood and how he has done but the late goals we are conceding and how we are letting teams back into games are a concern.

the most impressive thing for me is that sherood has just inherited this side and has made us look like a solid good side. unlike o'neill who spent abit of money in his first year sherwood hasnt had to yet.

Well imo it's pretty basic tactics to take off an attacker and put in a holding midfielder while trying to hold onto a lead.  Sanchez on for Zogbia/Grealish would of made a lot more sense. Taking off your holding midfielder who is having a great game to replace him with another holding midfielder is a bit silly.  Don't wanna be too critical because I'm over the moon with Sherwood and how he has done but the late goals we are conceding and how we are letting teams back into games are a concern.

The point is that the players are used to collapsing when they're asked to be less offensive. Under Tim we haven't taken that approach and it's almost always paid off. It's certainly gotten us more points than it's lost us.

If we're still doing it next year, I'll have issue with it, but this is a guy who's come in and had to work with a team devoid of confidence and unable to score. Some concessions have to be made, and backs to the wall late on defending is, I believe, one of them

• Like 2

Tim Sherwood has got us playing football unlike his predecessor who so many thought could not be bettered.

Thank you Tim for showing us the way and proving the doubters wrong.

Yes, well played Tim. We knew that Lambert had to go and you have come in and been a breath of fresh air. The change was made late but at least it was made.

A joy to watch us trying to win football matches again.

Yes there will no doubt be setbacks but I don't mind them so much when we try and give everyone a game.

Tim Sherwood has completely transformed the way we play football and what a joy it is to watch. Some of the football today was breathtaking and I really didn't think I would say that after what I was seeing earlier this season.

• Like 1

i loved the passage of play in the 1st half just after we scored when we kept the ball for god knows how long,the movement of the players and the fact that they all look for the ball and want it is an amazing transformation from the hull game.

Players wanting the ball and moving off the ball were the biggest problem we had before. That looks like one of the first things Sherwood changed: come for the ball, show yourself, move into space for the next ball.

The most basic concept in football, but it has eluded everyone at Villa for over a decade

• Like 3

Â