The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Yeah but lots of DOFs don't work too.

And which bit should someone have and which not. For example whatever his faults it is hard to argue, given the budget, with a fair bit of lambos transfers....they didn't all work but nobody's do....Sherwood is doing very well but with Lambert's team.

Yet who would have thought of Lambert as a possible for dof !...so mons transfers were on the poor side but we did OK, lambos were good but we did poor !

Sherwood is very keen on development of youth, so he is bound to want control in that area. As he isn't likely to give control on transfers to someone else I would think any dof role could be limited indeed.

Not saying I'm for or against it, just that its got ups and downs to both sides.

In the end, whatever they are called and whoever it is, the most crucial thing is that the manager has a clear way he wants to play, gets the players he thinks will do it, and implements his system throughout the club.

At a guess I would think that would be what Sherwood wants.

It has it's pros and cons, but nearly everywhere in the world apart from the UK it's the norm. Which is at the least interesting.

I agree with Zatman, it looks like Paddy Riley will be working closely with Sherwood and fulfil a lot of the job description a DOF might have. Personally I think we missed a trick by not appointing Houllier to that role when his health problems stopped him managing us.

Supposedly wants full control in the summer, the club meanwhile wanted (still want maybe) a director of football in place. Think if Lerner does stay I certainly would feel much more comfortable with a director of football in place.

To give an young unproven manager full control would be immensely stupid (and just like Villa to do)

It didn't work with MON, it didn't work with Lambert and i don't wan't us to risk it with Tim

You do know that MON and Lambert had nearly 20 years managerial experience between them before taking the Villa job

If such experience was shit in the market then I would rather trust a rookie as he cant do much worse

*FWIW Lambert problem wasnt really the transfer market*

To say he is living off the bounce at the moment is a bit unfair, he came into a club at rock bottom, no confidence, passion, poor tactics, no unity in the fan base, it took him 2 weeks to start seeing an improvement in the team, he has got us firing, great football, goals, players smiling again, the crowd rocking, confidence through the roof, the only negative is the defense, with all the injuries we have had it is amazing we can actually field a defense. He deserves a lot more credit than he is getting, can he deliver over a season well time will tell, it depends if he is backed in the transfer market, if we keep our best players and how we do with injuries. He has totally won me over with his attitude, confidence and desire and I can not wait till next season as I dont think we will be near the bottom again.

Yep - he's done everything right - Damm that League Table.

Bet if you did a league table of all teams in the last six games it would make interesting reading.

The change in everything is amazing. And each game shows just how awful Lambert was. So glad we've got this guy in now. Excited to see what we can do next year.

anything less than the title be disappointing at this stage ;)

• Like 4

He's turned us into a very good team very very quickly. I thought taking Westwood and Bacuna off so late in the game was a slight mistake though.

Yeah that's my only concern with Sherwood at this point, he doesn't seem to like shutting up shop and holding onto a lead and it's cost us a lot of late goals.  If he can get that aspect of his management style right then he could be our best manager in a very long.

Aside from that he deserves so much credit for the job he has done and how he motivates the players. The football we are playing now is a joy to watch and it fills my little heart with joy. 

Edited by Bunnski
  • Like 1

Â