The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

The best thing TS can do for himself is offer to stay on as a deputy. Instead of walking away/getting the boot in shame, offer to stay on under an experienced manager, learn tonnes and more importantly, bring the fans back around to liking you a bit. Then leave and pursue a career... Without shame and with more knowledge.

I can't for one minute imagine that whopper would ever dream of doing something so dignified.

He's probably updating his LInkedIn profile and emailing Abramovic as we speak.

• Like 3

I am not usually a fan of sacking your manager who has only been here for about 8 months- but if the board want to still have Villa as a top flight club next season,he has to go. We are already cut adrift and have had some winnable fixtures in the first 10 games. Already we have to perform like a mid table side for the rest of the season (ie over 1 point a game) to have a chance of staying up.  What is frustrating is that there is a decent side out there if we had a competent manager.

Sherwood looks like a chancer who might have some decent motivational skills and a reasonable scouting network but when the chips are down, he has no clue to reverse it. He should have been given a 6 month contract and been let go in the summer. He did keep us up and got us to the cup final but writing on the wall was already there after the Southampton debacle.

Sherwood has to go but I have little faith in the board getting the correct replacement in. Every manager since MON has been the wrong choice at the wrong time with in fairness not enough finances to assist.

Whatever the right and wrongs if Deadly was still in charge Sherwood would have had the walk in the garden. The attendance drop offs would probably have been enough for that alone. 33,000 for the next 2 home games- any feel good factor from last season has well and truly gone. It's just a ordeal to go to Villa Park these days. Tough times.

• Like 1

I actually don't think our players are crap. I just believe we have a crap manager.

He has to go tonight. 

TToday is my final full turn, 100% out now.

MManager sshort of a win today...

Gareth Gates?

Gareth Gates made A Stupid Mistake. So did villa appointing Tim.

The best thing TS can do for himself is offer to stay on as a deputy. Instead of walking away/getting the boot in shame, offer to stay on under an experienced manager, learn tonnes and more importantly, bring the fans back around to liking you a bit. Then leave and pursue a career... Without shame and with more knowledge.

His ego won't allow that.

Get him out now, the players look like headless chickens, he must be sacked if not tonight then tomorrow.

Get him out now, the players look like headless chickens, he must be sacked if not tonight then tomorrow.

I actually don't think our players are crap. I just believe we have a crap manager.

He has to go tonight. 

If he stays, guaranteed relegation.

New owners be ideal, but interim would be new manager for best possible chance.  Might still be **** either way, but with dim in charge its just a formality.

He has got to go straight away. Without even going into his line up today or leaving Gil on the bench, bringing Troare on in the 85 min, I'm just worn out with this crap.

We should've won that game today no excuses.

OS

"I try and pick players who I suggest can handle the pressure. That's how I am selecting my teams at the moment.

For the next match, against Southampton: "We will mix it up. We will have a look and see a few of our other new players - and see how they perform on the big stage."

He has no idea. Absolutely none. This is getting scary if he somehow does manage to stay.

Â