The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Getting Benteke back on form and giving him the ball isn't the worst idea in football history. He's probably not the first person to think of it, but 'oo knows, maybe he can deliver.

If he can deliver that, our worries are over.

His media love in has certainly started. The amount of coverage SSN are giving us and Sherwood is unheard of!

They know Sherwood's an impetuous, hair-trigger type.  They'll be toying with him; initially chucking him under the chin and bowling him a few dolly questions, and then, when a run of results go against him, making him look like an out-of-his-depth wally, in the hope that he'll eventually produce a few Keegan-type "I will LOVE it" meltdowns.  I mean, I hope that doesn't happen, but you could see it being good telly, from their point of view - Sherwood swearing his head off and storming out of press conferences.

I scrolled BBC News earlier and we were the top sports story.

We've never known such fame! Before you know it, we'll be dubbed glory supporters. (I wish)

Edited by Sam3773

West Brom and Swansea are my first two games. So if any of you want to punch me on the nose for being an idiot on here, look for the guy with a limp and a hunched back. That'll be Limpid, I'll be elsewhere.

COME ON VILLA!

I also don't have a limp or a hunched back. If you see someone who looks like this, please don't give the abuse many of you clearly think I deserve. They are having a hard enough time already.

• Like 4

What matters is Premier League-experience, not what people have done in League 1 and the Championship. Tons of managers have done brilliantly in the lower leagues, then they have been found out in the Premier League. It's down to finances and the gap being too big, but it's also about charisma, smartness and the ability to find the right players. Sherwood has experience from Tottenham/Blackburn as a player, as well as being the manager for Tottenham for a short while.

I wouldn't call Sherwood inexperienced and Lambert experienced to separate the two fellows (I don't count the Colchester and Norwich-years as huge, beneficial experiences to be honest). Both are inexperienced, Lambert failed, let's hope Sherwood does not.

I really don't think Premier league experience is that necessary. If you look at the managers of Chelsea, Man City, Man Utd, Southampton and Arsenal (who are the current top 5 in the division) none of their managers had Premier League managerial experience before they first joined their respective clubs.

What matters the most is that they are competent at what they do. There have been plenty of managers over the years with Premier League experience who have been utter gash (we had a couple) and so for me I don't care where they come from.

Now, Tim Sherwood might not have the required Premier League experience (his short stint as caretaker at spuds doesn't really qualify him) but if he is competent at what he does (and only time will tell) then that should be acceptable.

I agree with the premier league experience thing, but Mourinho ad Van Gaal had both won the Champions League before coming to the UK. Pellegrini had oodles of experience as did Wenger. Pochetino less so but they all had way more than 4 months of top flight experience before landing a job in the prem.

I know, that's why I only disagreed with the PL experience thing.

• Like 1

After seeing some of the various look-a-likes people have mentioned, I'd like to point out he looks like Green Street, Wild Bill, Stoned actor, Leo Gregory...

Have we had Colin Newman from the band Wire yet?

ufx7xfgm.jpg

He'll be perfect for press conferences, when there are chairs missing.
  • Like 2

After seeing some of the various look-a-likes people have mentioned, I'd like to point out he looks like Green Street, Wild Bill, Stoned actor, Leo Gregory...

ufx7xfgm.jpg

Will he play a 154 formation though? 

Edited by dAVe80

"Will you be playing the 1-5-4 this match, Tim?"

"Nose out, mate.  We're probably going to go with a ONE, TWO X YOU!"

Liked what he had to say in his press conferences and interviews. Can't beat a bit of positivity!

I love the fact he obviously believes in himself as well. Strangely optimistic about the remainder of the season  :)

I'm pleased to confirm that I am prepared to give Sherwood a crack at the job.

This will change if we lose the next 13 premier league games in a row. Or if we only win somewhere between 1 and 3 games out of the next 13.

:)

Come on Tim!!!

Â