Demba Ba

Villan4Life

He's one of them one good game out of ten players , with the occasional goal of the season contender , tbh , I think we need a bit more than that .

Disagree completely.  I remember watching Besiktas play Arsenal in the Champions League qualifier round (this season?) and Ba was superb in both games, despite neither him nor Besiktas scoring.

He'd be a very good signing.

Okay , that will be two out of ten then .

He's one of them one good game out of ten players , with the occasional goal of the season contender , tbh , I think we need a bit more than that .

Disagree completely.  I remember watching Besiktas play Arsenal in the Champions League qualifier round (this season?) and Ba was superb in both games, despite neither him nor Besiktas scoring.

He'd be a very good signing.

Okay , that will be two out of ten then .

with your username I expected you th be chuffed with this signing

Wouldn't wages be too much of an issue for us?

Also given his age... I said in another thread that Lambert would avoid these O'Neill type signings that may do well for a season but ultimately ruin the club financially.

Ba would definitely be an O'Neill type signing.

nah he is from a foreign team, O'Neill only knows turkey as what he eats at christmas

I know it's a lot of money for our club at this moment in time, but if he scores the goals that keep us up, it's money well spent.

That's what we said about Bent and look how that turned out. Good player but not worth £80k a week.

Yes but only if it was a 4 1/2 year deal.

I know it's a lot of money for our club at this moment in time, but if he scores the goals that keep us up, it's money well spent.

That's what we said about Bent and look how that turned out. Good player but not worth £80k a week.

Yes but only if it was a 4 1/2 year deal.

But bent scored the goals that kept us up - so it was worth it.

I would rather gamble on Ba - than relying on Benteke to find his form

Still bangs 'em in and almost has as many goals this season as our whole team.

We're not in a position to turn our noses up at a proven goal scorer. I'm on board for the right price.