Demba Ba

Villan4Life

Am I the only one that wouldn't be very excited if we signed him. His record in the Premier League is no better than Benteke's and the only way we would sign him is if we sell Benteke in january and I would rather us stick with Benteke myself.

The second part is wild speculation. Do not believe the ONLY way is if Benteke goes, though I do agree it is a possibility.

Am I the only one that wouldn't be very excited if we signed him. His record in the Premier League is no better than Benteke's and the only way we would sign him is if we sell Benteke in january and I would rather us stick with Benteke myself.

The second part is wild speculation. Do not believe the ONLY way is if Benteke goes, though I do agree it is a possibility.

Can't see us spending that much unless we sell.

Sure he's got goals in Turkey this season but he scored 7 goals in his last 33 Premier League games.. Why do we think he would be the player he was 2011/13?

Most of his games at Chelsea were sub appearances though, he's still a very good striker. Anyway it doesn't matter he's not coming here (unless in the unlikely event Benteke is leaving).

Sure he's got goals in Turkey this season but he scored 7 goals in his last 33 Premier League games.. Why do we think he would be the player he was 2011/13?

Weren't the majority (as in the vast majority) of those performances from the bench for Chelsea? He started 5 games for them last season for example. Data is tough to come by for the season before with them as on transermarkt it is mixed in with his Newcastle stats but I think he started a further 8. So that's 13 starts, 20 as a sub. 

It was actually 14 goals in 51 games for Chelsea overall including cups. 

We might spend our summer budget on him, which would leave us having to sell to buy in the close season. Apparently he's earns 2.5 million euro per year at his current club.

Edited by useless

We might spend our summer budget on him, which would leave us having to sell to buy in the close season. Apparently he's earns 2.5 million euro per year at his current club.

A loan to the summer to see how Kozak goes on his return wouldn't be too bad. Wages wouldn't be an issue if he does earn 2.5m a year.

It seems the Mirror have finally run out of barrel to scrape.

They directly quoted the Beşiktaş VP. Not saying it is therefore true but it's not a link they have come up with by themselves.

A loan to the summer to see how Kozak goes on his return wouldn't be too bad. Wages wouldn't be an issue if he does earn 2.5m a year.

I searched for 'Demba Ba Beskitas wages' and that was the figure that was quoted in a few articles, don't know how accurate it is. Seems pretty low for someone who played for Chelsea.

Edited by useless

He's one of them one good game out of ten players , with the occasional goal of the season contender , tbh , I think we need a bit more than that .

Disagree completely.  I remember watching Besiktas play Arsenal in the Champions League qualifier round (this season?) and Ba was superb in both games, despite neither him nor Besiktas scoring.

He'd be a very good signing.

maybe delph signed cuz he was told there are a few more quality signings coming this week...and I'm sure his contract has a release clues if relegated

but sinclair and ba, while not boner-inducing, would easily make for a more formidable attack

Ba has a chronic degenerative knee condition that is expected to end his career prematurely. Early on in his career he had a number of different injuries including a broken leg in 2006 which required pinning. Back in 2009 the pins had to be removed in an emergency operation in a German trauma clinic during which a tendon was injured. Before signing for West Ham he failed medicals at Stuttgart and Stoke. The injuries have consistently affected his selling price. Pardew stated that Ba was mentally the strongest player he had ever worked with which accounts for why he has carried on so successfully. See this link for guardian article with details: http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2012/dec/31/newcastle-demba-ba-knee   

However at 29 all of those injuries are going to catch up with him at some point soon. £10 million would be utter craziness - I can't see it happening at anywhere near that price just because of the injuries - He also has no sell on value - if there is any truth in these rumours that we are interested at all!

• Like 2