Demba Ba

Villan4Life

Still bangs 'em in and almost has as many goals this season as our whole team.

We're not in a position to turn our noses up at a proven goal scorer. I'm on board for the right price.

Yes but the Turkey super league is nowhere near the same standard as the Premier League.

I know it's a lot of money for our club at this moment in time, but if he scores the goals that keep us up, it's money well spent.

That's what we said about Bent and look how that turned out. Good player but not worth £80k a week.

Yes but only if it was a 4 1/2 year deal.

But bent scored the goals that kept us up - so it was worth it.

I would rather gamble on Ba - than relying on Benteke to find his form

The kick up the arse of someone competing for his place would likely be the resolution to benteke's form in itself.

Edit: whcih could be worth a few million in itself

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

He'll be on a good whack in the Turkish league. They have plenty of money over there but a crap current standard of  league.

I cant see this one happening whatsoever. Doesn't fit any of the usual trademarks for a signing in recent times. Sounds like a chairman who has had a crap bid from a crap club like West Brom and is using us/Hull to scare them into boosting that bid. I'm sure that's what we would all do in that position.

We're not in a position to turn our noses up at a proven goal scorer. I'm on board for the right price.

Yes but the Turkey super league is nowhere near the same standard as the Premier League.

You take that back.

I do agree with this, and Besiktas signed him for 6mil euro, why in the hell are they demanding twice as much now because he scored a few goals in the Turkish league. I would say pay them 6-7mil euro and get him on 40k wages but since hes on 80k now I can't see that happening.

Edited by jasoncb

Why are people acting like there's anything in this?

Direct quotes from Ba's chairman?

Not saying this is true, as I don't believe we'd be spending that sort of money on a 29 year old striker.

But there's more in it than the majority of speculation that gets discussed on here!

But the Turkey Super League is full of top quality Turkeys playing football.

image_128535_1.jpg

• Like 4

Would Hernandez be available for £10m?

Javier Hernandez?

No, I wouldn't imagine so, not least because he's on a season's loan at Real (and I believe they have some sort of option on him).

Hernandez is a poacher. We don't have the players to get the best out of him nor do I think it is wise to build a team around one player. Big clubs can afford to have him on the bench and use him as an effective substitute, but we aren't in that position.

Edited by CarewsEyebrowDesigner