Demba Ba

Villan4Life

He has similar stats to Darren Bent but he's a much better footballer and not just a poacher, which you can't use at the top level any more.

We're not at the top level and so a poacher could still work for us.

You can't play a poacher if you don't cross and don't create chances, poachers still exist and at the top level but they are less prolific (in number, not goals)

I do agree though with Ba, he's a very different player to a poacher and plays very well with his back to goal, plus he's a presence in the air.

Doubtful he'll be coming out way, wages alone make it unlikely.

for me it would be. an ageing striker (like we haven't got enough of those already) who would demand a significant salary when we need width and creativity. 

Who are the ageing strikers? Gabby?

Bent is gone and Zog gets nowhere near the first team, who else is ageing that plays up front for us?

I meant regarding it being a "panic signing".

A record bid [under Lambert] for a 29 year old. What else would you call it?

A reasonable bid for a top class striker? Can't imagine Lambert being able/willing to bid £10m in a panic.

It's all bollocks mind.

for me it would be. an ageing striker (like we haven't got enough of those already) who would demand a significant salary when we need width and creativity. 

Who are the ageing strikers? Gabby?

Bent is gone and Zog gets nowhere near the first team, who else is ageing that plays up front for us?

I meant just strikers, not aging ones.

ftr; I like Ba. I'd be all for it if we had money to splurge. But we don't.

Edited by adz.villa

If we had the money and Lambert could get someone who could almost guarantee goals then it wouldn't surprise me at all if he wanted to bring in Ba, think he'd put aside his usual philosophies.

Edited by useless

its exactly what we need - a guy who can score goals 'Now' - We don't have that , If we go to May with misfiring strikers, we go down - end of. Lerner has starred relegation in the face a couple times and not released funds in the Jan window - I wonder if he has the jitters.....

Probably not true.....but would be great if it was....

Am I the only one that wouldn't be very excited if we signed him. His record in the Premier League is no better than Benteke's and the only way we would sign him is if we sell Benteke in january and I would rather us stick with Benteke myself. 

Edited by PaulC

Am I the only one that wouldn't be very excited if we signed him. His record in the Premier League is no better than Benteke's and the only way we would sign him is if we sell Benteke in january and I would rather us stick with Benteke myself. 

Its probably better than the Benteke we have seen since November. Sure its a gamble, but from what Ive seen gambling on Bentekke coming good seems the bigger gamble......

Benteke's body language was awful against Bournemouth - I wonder if Ba is his replacement - and a big Bentekke bid has come in ?