Carles Gil

bose

I watched the Eibar/Depor game the other night and whilst he got an assist (nothing special), the one thing I did notice was how absent he was at times.  He was just back from injury but even so he didn't impose himself on the game by any stretch - in fact there were times when I had to check he was still on the pitch (not helped by the fact that Depor have a few little players with black hair!)

Eibar are well known for being a very fit side who press and harry other teams... probably the closest to the way an English side would play for that league.  I couldn't help but think that this was a good reminder of how much he'd struggle if he came back.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

He did show it!  Just not often enough.

There games where I thought he was good. There were moments where I thought he was very good. There was never anything that made me think he was too good for us.

19 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

There games where I thought he was good. There were moments where I thought he was very good. There was never anything that made me think he was too good for us.

Don't ever doubt CARLES GIL.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He's quite a hate figure on here, isn't he? Personally, I don't mind him, he always puts a shift in (Hutton)

I wouldn't say hate, he is massively overrated.

The worse Villa play this season, the better Gil becomes!

D'oh just realised you meant Hutton! 

If Gil can't make the Deportivo side then that says a lot about him as a player. He wasn't good enough for Valencia either. Hutton I just think is the worst footballing right back we have ever had. We may have worse right backs but he's just a runner.

4 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He's quite a hate figure on here, isn't he? Personally, I don't mind him, he always puts a shift in (Hutton)

Don't get it personally SGC, he gets hate for his end product, it's a bit like blaming Kodija for his goalkeeping if you ask me. Gil should be bought back in my humble opinion, genuinely think he can help where we are but what do I know.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PaulC said:

If Gil can't make the Deportivo side then that says a lot about him as a player. He wasn't good enough for Valencia either. Hutton I just think is the worst footballing right back we have ever had. We may have worse right backs but he's just a runner.

but hes been starting and got another assist. 2 min 20. Good assist. Shame none of our current players can cross that pinpoint. 

Edited by KSV
  • Like 3

Â