Carles Gil

bose

13 hours ago, Michael118 said:

Mjvilla - I don't see any reason why he can't make it in England. He has all the attributes. 

because he is one footed, crap, slow and weak

except for all them he might be good

• Like 2

He doesn't want to play for Aston Villa. When he did he had one or two moments where he showed his quality, but mostly was a disappointment. 

Sell him, let him move on for a nothing. Whatever, he's not an option for us anymore. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Another assist for Gil last night in his return game from injury with Deportivo. That's 4 assists for him now in his last 5 appearances putting him equal 8th in La Liga for total number of assists with only a fraction of the total minutes played compared to nearly every player ahead of him and around him.

Edited by Michael118
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Michael118 said:

Another assist for Gil last night in his return game from injury with Deportivo. That's 4 assists for him now in his last 5 appearances putting him equal 8th in La Liga for total number of assists with only a fraction of the total minutes played compared to nearly every player ahead of him and around him.

How many times did he do anything of note in a villa shirt? Where were these stats in a villa shirt? Sometimes you have to accept its not meant to be, even if you've fallen in love with his picture!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mjvilla said:

How many times did he do anything of note in a villa shirt? Where were these stats in a villa shirt? Sometimes you have to accept its not meant to be, even if you've fallen in love with his picture!

How many times have any of our players done anything of note in a Villa shirt over the last few years? It was never the ability of our players that was the problem. I've always said it was the managers and probably other issues as well but our managerial appointments have been horrendous.

Edited by Michael118

4 hours ago, Michael118 said:

Equal 8th with 15 other people though... 

Can I just save everyone some time here:

• Gil scores or assists for Deportivo
  • He's class, our team was shite when he was with us; or
  • He's shit, too lightweight, never did anything in a Villa shirt of note
  • He scored that cracker against Bournemouth in the cup and looked good other times but never really got many chances; or
  • He had plenty of chances and didn't take them, Grealish is better
  • He's doing the business for Deportivo; or
  • Different league, more time on the ball, less physical
  • But those stats tho; or
  • Didn't want to help us when relegated
  • Have him back in a heartbeat; or
  • **** him, sell him

Ad infinitum, at least until we sell him.

That about cover it?

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

Wasn't good enough and had no interest in helping us. 

Hopefully we didn't agree a fee for the end of the loan. If he continues to do well we want an increase in fee

I hope a sale price was agreed. It appears that most fees to buy agreed at the start of a loan are priced on the assumption that the player will perform reasonably well during the loan period. I'll be surprised if Gill performs above 'reasonably well'. Even given his latest assist, I don't think it's much more than should be expected from a player in his position.

Keeping Gill or any player that doesn't want to play for us shouldn't be an option, in my opinion.

• Like 1

after watching the highlights I be disappointed if he didnt get an assist for that since he had a bout 5 yards free to cross the ball to a striker who had no defender around him for about 4 yards. was dreadful defending

what i did notice from the highlights was a poor attempt to track his runner who strolled past him from left back which opened the space for the first goal. that left back was Antonio Luna lets bring him back

Â