Carles Gil

bose

7 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Sure, and we've tried to replace a lot of them as a consequence. Gil looks like squad fat that needs trimming, not recalling, IMO. However, as I said, if the manager wants him it's a different story.

I agree we have replaced many of them, the team is different, the attitude and philosophy's are now different, we look to have stability finally.

I feel he is a player that can cause a lot of problems in this league to oppositions, in a joint free role position alongside Grealish behind the striker(s). Him and grealish compliment each others style of play and are in tune with what the other is doing.

Do I feel he has what it takes in the Premier League, at this stage in time it is hard to tell as he was in a team that faced relegation.

Do I feel he can cut it in the Championship. Absolutely.

You could also beat Grealish with the same stick if you like.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

43 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Not only have some forgotten how poor he was. It seems everyone has ignored the fact he refused to play for us this season. Why on earth would you want that type of attitude back?

There is a difference between 'actively looking for a new club' and 'refusing to play'. He did the former, not the latter. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Not only have some forgotten how poor he was. It seems everyone has ignored the fact he refused to play for us this season. Why on earth would you want that type of attitude back?

Have you checked out the Agbonlahor thread?   ;)

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Check out the Cissokho and Hutton threads when they were coming back on loan, there was a similar wave of revisionism in those.

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Apparently not doing so well at Deportivo, did we break him?

Probably, we seem to break most players that come our way, although we have also had a nasty tendency to buy players pre-broken. I guess it saved time.  :) 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I've no idea what games you watched but he really wasn't. He's such a nothing player and as somebody rightly pointed out, if Ross McCormack, a 20 goal a season number 10, can't get into the side what on earth makes people think Carles Gil would. 

Because they're different players with different strengths in different positions?

lol at people saying Gil has no skill by the way.  Probably the best player, technically, that we've had at the club over the past few seasons.  Certainly lacking in various other departments, but no skill? :crylaugh:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

There is a difference between 'actively looking for a new club' and 'refusing to play'. He did the former, not the latter. 

I tried explaining this a while back.  I wouldn't waste your typing.

22 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Is that aimed at my comment about lack of speed? I also mentioned he lacks any skill. His passing is average, he can't beat his man, he either gets outpaced or outmuscles. He checks back everytime then plays a nothing pass sideways or backwards. I have no idea what people see in this guy. If he came from Crewe he would rightfully be getting slaughted.

Such a non entity of a player.

Lacks any skill? Can you tell me how to get in touch with your dealer?

Technically a gifted player but he was too easily bullied out of games. He lacks both strength and speed and without either I think he will always struggle to really impose himself.

He needs to play just behind a striker but at present we don't play that system and if we do start playing it then both Grealish and McCormack would be better options. I personally don't see him coming back to us unless we/he have no other option.

Edited by markavfc40

This thread is mad and a little bit sad.

He doesn't want to play in the Championship - where is the room for doubt about his intentions there?

Look, we have a new owner who has bunged £50m at the club for starters, a whole bunch of new players, a manager who finally seems to be identifying the issues such as fitness the club needs to address, and is actually picking up points. Isn't it a little bit desperate to be pining for a player who was never any good when he played for us and is now failing to make the cut for a struggling mediocre Spanish side?

4 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Through his agent he said he had no intention of playing for us in the championship. 

You tell your boss you have no intention of coming into work next week and see what they think. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bobzy said:

Because they're different players with different strengths in different positions?

lol at people saying Gil has no skill by the way.  Probably the best player, technically, that we've had at the club over the past few seasons.  Certainly lacking in various other departments, but no skill? :crylaugh:

What do you class as skill? His dribbling was nothing special, his touch was decent. But he didn't really stand out in either department. 

Â