New manager

reykjavik

No english, scottish etc managers, we've seen so many times how limited they are.

Our next manager needs to be from the continent who would bring new way of thinking instead of the stuffy and boring coaching style.

Possibly as disaster bringing in a manager with no premier league experience at this stage of the season
Yes, heaven forbid we should get lumbered with someone with no PL experience like Pochettino or Koeman.
As they would come here of course , we would end up with someone like pepe mel

My point is the whole 'must have PL experience' is an absolute load of tosh as is proven by the foreign managers currently in the PL doing a good job even though they had never managed in this league prior to coming here.

My point would be how many of them came into this environment , no money , failing team , 15 odd games to stay in the league , i'm not casting doubt on foreign managers , i'm saying i think it would be a mistake in these circumstances

We have some money, not a fantastic amount granted, but we have some. The reason the team is failing is because we have a very poor manager, it is as simple as that. 15 games equals 45 points to play for. A decent football manager employs the skills of being a decent football manager not the skills of being a decent PL manager. 

No english, scottish etc managers, we've seen so many times how limited they are.

Our next manager needs to be from the continent who would bring new way of thinking instead of the stuffy and boring coaching style.

Possibly as disaster bringing in a manager with no premier league experience at this stage of the season
Yes, heaven forbid we should get lumbered with someone with no PL experience like Pochettino or Koeman.

My point is the whole 'must have PL experience' is an absolute load of tosh as is proven by the foreign managers currently in the PL doing a good job even though they had never managed in this league prior to coming here.

My point would be how many of them came into this environment , no money , failing team , 15 odd games to stay in the league , i'm not casting doubt on foreign managers , i'm saying i think it would be a mistake in these circumstances

We have some money, not a fantastic amount granted, but we have some. The reason the team is failing is because we have a very poor manager, it is as simple as that. 15 games equals 45 points to play for. A decent football manager employs the skills of being a decent football manager not the skills of being a decent PL manager. 

We will have to agree to disagree then my friend

What did Tim Sherwood actually do at Spurs to be getting mentioned as a viable replacement?

Won 50% of his games compared to Lambert's 50% loss rate.

With a far better squad. I'm all for trying a new manager and if it is Sherwood I would happily support him I just don't think he is the way Lerner will go. Talks far to much i'd imagine for Lerner.

Edited by sexbelowsound

What did Tim Sherwood actually do at Spurs to be getting mentioned as a viable replacement?

That is a fair question. Another fair question for those still fearing change would be what has Paul Lambert shown over the last 2 and a half year's to justify keeping him as Aston Villa manager?

I am not sure who should be next Aston Villa manager. I do know two things though. One is that if there is no change in manager then things will inevitably stay the same and we will continue to serve up the same dour tripe and struggle to stay up despite having a squad of players capable of better. I also know that despite our chairman wanting out and despite any new manager unlikely to be presented with a budget that allows him to realistically compete for anymore than a mid table finish that we would not be short of applications from some very capable managers for the job of Aston Villa manager. This is still an attractive job for many and one given how the squad is underachieving and capable of better allows any manager with confidence in his own abilities the opportunity to make a short to medium term impact and possibly secure themselves a long term future here when there hopefully is a takeover.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 4

That is a fair question. Another fair question for those still fearing change would be what has Paul Lambert shown over the last 2 and a half year's to justify keeping him as Aston Villa manager?

I am not sure who should be next Aston Villa manager. I do know two things though. One is that if there is no change in manager then things will inevitably stay the same and we will continue to serve up the same dour tripe and struggle to stay up despite having a squad of players capable of better. I also know that despite our chairman wanting out and despite any new manager unlikely to be presented with a budget that allows him to realistically compete for anymore than a mid table finish that we would not be short of applications from some very capable managers for the job of Aston Villa manager. This is still an attractive job for many and one given how the squad is underachieving and capable of better allows any manager with confidence in his own abilities the opportunity to make a short to medium term impact and possibly secure themselves a long term future hear when there hopefully is a takeover.

I don't fear change, that isn't the problem. It was an honest question. When i'm thinking about viable managers I'm trying to take into account Lerner's previous appointment record and I just don't think Sherwood would be anywhere near that list. I'd love to come out with suggestions like Tuchel and De Boer but like someone said earlier, we'll probably end up with Pepe Mel.

Let me just stress again, I think its time for a change and I think the risk is worth taking but I just have no faith in Lerner at all.

I agree with the rest.

Edited by sexbelowsound
  • Like 1

if lambert does go then anyone who thinks we are going to get a good name in is deluded purely because the finances wont be there to improve an already poor team plus the club is being run like a bottom half premier league club.

Don't matter where they are from as long as they get the results and can coach the team to play decent football.

It's fashionable to go foreign and whilst I'm not against it by any means, where they come from shouldn't even be a consideration.

McLaren for me by a mile.

Plus he comes with a Dutch accent setting, so he can sound foreign as well if you want him to!

• Like 1

Yes, or Felix McGath or Pepe Mel. It's easy to pick Managers who are successful, after they are successful. Particularly when you are selective enough to ignore the failures.

Don't matter where they are from as long as they get the results and can coach the team to play decent football.

It's fashionable to go foreign and whilst I'm not against it by any means, where they come from shouldn't even be a consideration.

McLaren for me by a mile.

Plus he comes with a Dutch accent setting, so he can sound foreign as well if you want him to!

Yep mclaren for me too