New manager

reykjavik

We could do worse than the "Fat spanish waiter" I read somewhere yesterday that he will be leaving his present job at the end of the season and would like a return to England.

We could do worse than the "Fat spanish waiter" I read somewhere yesterday that he will be leaving his present job at the end of the season and would like a return to England.

But we need a new manager NOW

No more Scottish managers please. Our history with them is pretty crap.

Apart from the most successful manager we've ever had, of course ;)

And that was when?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Ramsay

George Ramsay was Scottish and is our most successful manager in our history! maybe you should research our history more before saying all Scottish Managers have failed at Villa ;)

George Burrell Ramsay (1 March 1855 in Glasgow, Scotland – 7 October 1935[1] in Llandrindod Wells) was secretary/manager of Aston Villa Football Club in the most successful period of their history.[original research?] His record of six League Championships is second only to Sir Alex Ferguson and his record of six FA Cup victories as manager is still standing

Ramsay's Honour's as Manager at Aston Villa:

Aston Villa
Edited by Villan4Life

And that was when?

That's a fail right there man :(

• Like 1

steve McLaren for me. the guy knows europen football well, has prem experience, great coach, worked under ferguson, done the hard yards now in the championship. yes, steve McLaren please.

Turned down (or, at least, outright rejected) a move to Newcastle.  No chance he's coming here.

or eddie howe for only one of the resons above, but it would appear that the guy is one hell of a coach.

probably true, I wouldn't come to us either, but he would be my ideal fit.

Eddie Howe moved to Burnley and didn't cope very well with the expectation of an immediate return to the Premier League.  Bottled it, went back to Bournemouth where he feels comfortable (and, fair play, doing a great job too).

Again, no chance.

I know I'll get slaughtered for the suggestion, but I'd like McCarthy if he'd come. Very good manager, and criminally underrated by many. Very capable of playing to the strengths of the players at his disposal - look at how well his Irish side played the game; gorgeous football when possible, resilient stuff when necessary

• Like 1

I don't think Eddie Howe would come now.

He's likely to add a Championship Winner's Medal to his CV in the summer, or at least a promotion. 

I'm not sure he'd sacrifice that for a job here at the moment.

Steve Mcclaren but for our fans, who were blighted by the umbrella thing we would have had him before Mcleish and I think he would have done well for us. He's doing a good job at Derby, they will get promoted this year I think. 

Edited by PaulC

And that was when?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Ramsay

George Ramsay was Scottish and is our most successful manager in our history! maybe you should research our history more before saying all Scottish Managers have failed at Villa ;)

George Burrell Ramsay (1 March 1855 in Glasgow, Scotland – 7 October 1935[1] in Llandrindod Wells) was secretary/manager of Aston Villa Football Club in the most successful period of their history.[original research?] His record of six League Championships is second only to Sir Alex Ferguson and his record of six FA Cup victories as manager is still standing

Ramsay's Honour's as Manager at Aston Villa:

Aston Villa

Are you serious? I never said all Scottish managers have failed at Villa. If you need to get into a time machine and go back to the olden days of George Ramsey then you really are desperate to have a pop!

Are you serious? I never said all Scottish managers have failed at Villa. If you need to get into a time machine and go back to the olden days of George Ramsey then you really are desperate to have a pop!

I understand that being sarcastic on a message forum is hard work.  I always assumed the "winking face" smiley did a good job of showing when someone isn't being serious ;)

I know I'll get slaughtered for the suggestion, but I'd like McCarthy if he'd come. Very good manager, and criminally underrated by many. Very capable of playing to the strengths of the players at his disposal - look at how well his Irish side played the game; gorgeous football when possible, resilient stuff when necessary

Not sure about him to be honest, as I said earlier I'd like Sean Dyche. At least we would play with some urgency and passion I think he has worked wonders at Burnley with a crappy budget. Gary Rowett too has impressed me, he was great at Burton and I cant believe how well he has done with Small Heath since he went there. The game that summed it up for me was their FA cup game. 2-0 down at half time and turned it round, obvioulsy his half time team talk had an effect something which Lambert clearly lacks in. sometimes I wonder if Lambert says anything at half time

I understand that being sarcastic on a message forum is hard work.  I always assumed the "winking face" smiley did a good job of showing when someone isn't being serious ;)

No amount of smilies can cover an outright lie.