New manager

reykjavik

I know I'll get slaughtered for the suggestion, but I'd like McCarthy if he'd come. Very good manager, and criminally underrated by many. Very capable of playing to the strengths of the players at his disposal - look at how well his Irish side played the game; gorgeous football when possible, resilient stuff when necessary

Not sure about him to be honest, as I said earlier I'd like Sean Dyche. At least we would play with some urgency and passion I think he has worked wonders at Burnley with a crappy budget. Gary Rowett too has impressed me, he was great at Burton and I cant believe how well he has done with Small Heath since he went there. The game that summed it up for me was their FA cup game. 2-0 down at half time and turned it round, obvioulsy his half time team talk had an effect something which Lambert clearly lacks in. sometimes I wonder if Lambert says anything at half time

Whilst the point is valid, I doubt there'd be anyone happy with a managerial appointment from League Two (at the time) who is only in his 3rd season as a football manager.

I know I'll get slaughtered for the suggestion, but I'd like McCarthy if he'd come. Very good manager, and criminally underrated by many. Very capable of playing to the strengths of the players at his disposal - look at how well his Irish side played the game; gorgeous football when possible, resilient stuff when necessary

Not sure about him to be honest, as I said earlier I'd like Sean Dyche. At least we would play with some urgency and passion I think he has worked wonders at Burnley with a crappy budget. Gary Rowett too has impressed me, he was great at Burton and I cant believe how well he has done with Small Heath since he went there. The game that summed it up for me was their FA cup game. 2-0 down at half time and turned it round, obvioulsy his half time team talk had an effect something which Lambert clearly lacks in. sometimes I wonder if Lambert says anything at half time

Whilst the point is valid, I doubt there'd be anyone happy with a managerial appointment from League Two (at the time) who is only in his 3rd season as a football manager.

I cant imagine McCarthy would go down too well either. Problem with Villa is that I cant see us being able to attract a top level coach, the club is a shambles to be honest. Dreadful chairman, fans turning on the manager, the manager totally changing our style of play after watching Bayern Munich train for a couple of days, the assistant manager fiasco's with Culverhouse, Karsa and Keane and former players slagging off Lambert in the media. Any outsider looking in must wonder quite what the hell is going on at the moment. You really couldn't script it

We're judging Rowett over such a short period of time though. Plenty of managers go through purple patches where they are the flavour of the month.

Yes they do have purple patches I agree, we appointed one last time around. I cant think who would realistically want this job apart from a young up and coming manager

Edited by KHV

We're judging Rowett over such a short period of time though. Plenty of managers go through purple patches where they are the flavour of the month.

Except Lambert at Villa.

Except for the best start to a league season since 1996.

• Like 1

Except Lambert at Villa.

Sorry, I foolishly thought that 'Purple Patches' lasted longer than 4 games.

• Like 2

Except Lambert at Villa.

Your blagging me surely. When did Lambert ever win 4 games in a row with us??

Except Lambert at Villa.

Your blagging me surely. When did Lambert ever win 4 games in a row with us??

Not win, just not lose.

Except Lambert at Villa.

I'm struggling to remember a single post on VT that you or "foreveryoung" didn't turn into a shit joke about how bad Lambert is ;)

it's impossible to have a proper discussion!

Well at least we are consistent but then again so is Lambert (consistently crap).

There, another s**t joke for you.

steve McLaren for me. the guy knows europen football well, has prem experience, great coach, worked under ferguson, done the hard yards now in the championship. yes, steve McLaren please.

Turned down (or, at least, outright rejected) a move to Newcastle.  No chance he's coming here.

If Pardew leaves Newcastle for Palace there must be something wrong with the Newcastle job. Bit like Villa an underachieving giant!