January Transfer Speculation 2015

Supervillan78

He'd be good in a three-pronged attack but we have no chance of getting in somebody like him. I thought somebody like Moses might have been useful but I presume he's at Stoke for the entire season. Hopefully something can be done to improve things but I haven't got high hopes.

Is this going to be another January window where were linked with players like defour and sissokho from day 1 and then wait till 11.59pm on deadline day to sign another chancer no ones ever heard of?

Edited by Jimzk5
  • Like 1

I guess we will be looking at players on loan whose salary will be partly met by their current club or whose wages fit into our wage structure without the help of their present club.

If we buy anyone I would guess we would be looking at someone who will cost next to nothing and will be willing to join a club with our recent history so will therefore be unlikely to make the sort of impact we need to drag us away from the relegation zone.  

I look forward to being proved wrong and to us signing a couple of midfield players, a forward and a defender for say £8 - 10m each to protect our current owner's investment. Sadly the press know money is too tight to mention at Villa Park and as a result do not bother to make a wild link between us and any such a player that we can take hope from where there is none... 

• Like 1