January Transfer Speculation 2015

Supervillan78

If we could only find a player who unlike Gabby, Andi & N'Zogbia doesn't have to look at their own feet when trying to controll the ball or dribble.

But who actually looks up and is aware of his teammates and try to find open space when not on the ball.

You know the basic stuff proffesional players imo are supposed to do.

We already have 1 player like that in Grealish and i really hope Lambert (or even better a new manager) sees the worth in this and gives him a bigger part in the team

Edited by sne

I doubt there is a single championship player that has the creativity we need. In fact most when you are looking for creativity you probably want to cross english players off the list. You need latins. 

Previous Championship (or even lower division) players;

Charlie Austin, Ashley Young, Schnederlin, Lallana, Westwood, Ings, Oxlade Chamberlain and loads more I can't be bothered to type.

Sure there have been players from lower divisions that haven't worked out but to say none of them have the creativity we need is nonsense. There are players in Championship sides that would get into our XI. 

I know that Nick Powell has apparantly had an attitude problem at Leicester, but being a Villa fan (and someone that has lost his way slightly, and probably wont feature under Van Gaal), maybe we should take a punt on him?

He was meant to be quality at Crewe.

I know that Nick Powell has apparantly had an attitude problem at Leicester, but being a Villa fan (and someone that has lost his way slightly, and probably wont feature under Van Gaal), maybe we should take a punt on him?

Would have loved him here, up until reading the recent comments on his attitude. If he can't/won't change it being at Man Utd then what's it going to be like at his boyhood club?

Would have loved him here, up until reading the recent comments on his attitude. If he can't/won't change it being at Man Utd then what's it going to be like at his boyhood club?

I've never understood why players have bad attitudes. Just put a bit of effort in and you're sorted for life if you get a steady place in a Premier League team.

I see Lewis Macleod who we have been tentatively linked with is off to the mighty brentford for a princely some of £1 million

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30631805

Don't know much about him but could be worth a punt at that price.

He would be nowhere near ready to play at this level. The level of the Scottish Championship, just like the SPL is rather poor. 

Me mentioning Villa being his boyhood club was more about attracting him to come here, not a way to sort out his attitude.

It's often down to managers to sort these players out, and I imagine Lambert is the type of manager that could put an arm around his shoulder and get him playing properly again.

Maybe Nigel Pearson's charismatic team talks haven't inspired him. :D

Whether Powell sorts his attitude out or not, he seems like one of those players that could join a mid-table side, and would leave us shouting "Why weren't we in for him!?"

Wouldn't it be nice if we already had a bid in for someone that we can sign as soon as the window opens. Annoys me so much when clubs wait for the last day to do all their business.

This.

It never feels like we are prepared for January.

That's because we have to wait for clubs to buy our players before we can sign anyone. The Randolph way.

Wouldn't it be nice if we already had a bid in for someone that we can sign as soon as the window opens. Annoys me so much when clubs wait for the last day to do all their business.

This.

That's because we have to wait for clubs to buy our players before we can sign anyone. The Randolph way.

Most of the business in the January transfer window is done on deadline day, it's the panic signing window.

There are rarely clubs who get in players early on in this window.

• Like 1

I'd like us to try and get Maloney back from Wigan. And maybe have a punt for a loan deal for Salah from Cheslea. 

Isn't salah a slightly better tonev? cutting inside and all that. 

Slightly crapper Robben

I'd take a "slightly crapper" Robben any day of the week though...

• Like 1

Me mentioning Villa being his boyhood club was more about attracting him to come here, not a way to sort out his attitude.

It's often down to managers to sort these players out, and I imagine Lambert is the type of manager that could put an arm around his shoulder and get him playing properly again.

Whether Powell sorts his attitude out or not, he seems like one of those players that could join a mid-table side, and would leave us shouting "Why weren't we in for him!?"

Villa was his boyhood club?! Never knew that. As someone who watched him frequently at Crewe i can tell you he was **** amazing there. Seriously. 

This.

Because the owner doesn't like spending money in January, it isn't down to Lambert.

Villa was his boyhood club?! Never knew that. As someone who watched him frequently at Crewe i can tell you he was **** amazing there. Seriously. 

Was being compared to Paul Scholes at one point. Seemed to be making an impact on Sir Alex early on in that season then completely dropped out the picture.

Very strange one.