January Transfer Speculation 2015

Supervillan78

He is a grounded guy and at least should put shift in for us. Like I said earlier in the thread, will be someone else to mark, opening up the oppositions defense. At the moment its mark Benteke out the game and we have.........................................................................F*** all.

My Southampton mate really rates him. Puts him just slightly below Le Tissier. 

I have a friend who is also big Saints fan, he rates him very highly too. Gets very frustrated with the lack of game time he gets at Liverpool

Yeah my friends were mostly gutted when he left.

I have seen Lambert play quite a bit as have attended quite a few saints matches over the last 4-5 years and have to say i always wanted us to sign him, his overall team play is massively under appreciated and I don't think i've seen many better or should I say more intelligent in the air period. He would give us something entirely different to anything we have currently and would describe him as most similar to Sheringham at that age, how much would you have paid for a 32 year old Sheringham today?

Sky Sources: Rickie Lambert close to joining Aston Villa after £6m fee agreed with Liverpool for the striker. #SkyDeadlineDay #LFC #AVFC

Southampton apparently going to loan Huntelaar.. Would much rather we tried to loan him or someone like that!!

shows where we are compared to where they are, then add in koeman, we'd have no chance

£6m is very excessive for someone of his age but that said he'd come in and improve us straight away.

Would he?

We have Christian Benteke, who is struggling because we are insanely weak in midfield... why would Rickie Lambert make us better? They are hardly a match made in heaven. It's players like Kieran Richardson that needs to be thrown out, with him in our team we will actually relegate quite easily

That's very kind Stefan. I'm not sure it's correct, but it's very kind.

Lump might be a bit unfair I guess, he's been a decent pro all his career, an Anichebe level striker for me, but six years older. I just think it's such a waste of an opportunity - if we have £5m and enough money for £50k a week, there's so much more we could do with it. If he's here for three years, he'll cost as much as two Gil's - he'll be dearer than a couple of Krkic's, more expensive than a Podolski, we could get such a lot more with this sort of money - instead, we're going to wait until the last minute to throw it away on a decent pro right at the end of his career.

Anichebe level? Sorry BOF but you're so wrong.

29 goals in the PL in 2 years and a hatful of assists. Anichebe has never hit double figures.

He is a good striker but it would be a very short-term Martin O'Neill signing. I'd like Cahill as he would provide goals from midfield and not cost a fee and probably take a shorter contract, whereas Lambert would probably only take 2 and a half years minimum for a fee we will never make back in a position we already have Benteke for. The key is to provide for Benteke, then he will be sniffing out goals more, not get another striker with similar strengths.

If we pay £6m for Rickie Lambert it will be an absolute disgrace. For a 33 year old that is a complete and utter waste of money. He can play one position and that is centre forward. We can't get the bloody ball to a centre forward who scored 20 odd goals for us 2 years ago. How are we going to get it to Rickie Lambert?

Absolute panic buy, with no sell-on value and who, in my opinion, is not an improvement on anyone we already have - IF bought!!