January Transfer Speculation 2015

Supervillan78

Rickie Lambert is 33 next week! £5mil is way too much for a very average striker!

Not sure why we are not looking abroad as some good strikers around that mark in the Dutch/Spanish/German leagues!

Lambert would be Grant Holt Mk2 type of signing! Meh

10360896_10152629780581200_1940929080164

Not sure why people get so hung up on age? He knows where the net is thats for sure. Are you saying you wouldn't take Frank Lampard?

And like Rickie Lambert is in Frank Lampard's class! i'll have whatever your drinking!!

£5mil is a lot for a guy who is 33 next week and is a million quid more than what they paid for him!! he's only scored 2 goals all season!!

Rickie Lambert is 33 next week! £5mil is way too much for a very average striker!

Not sure why we are not looking abroad as some good strikers around that mark in the Dutch/Spanish/German leagues!

Lambert would be Grant Holt Mk2 type of signing! Meh

10360896_10152629780581200_1940929080164

Not sure why people get so hung up on age? He knows where the net is thats for sure. Are you saying you wouldn't take Frank Lampard?

And like Rickie Lambert is in Frank Lampard's class! i'll have whatever your drinking!!

£5mil is a lot for a guy who is 33 next week and is a million quid more than what they paid for him!! he's only scored 2 goals all season!!

Im not saying he is in Lampards class, but people make a huge thing about age. People said the same thing about Robbie Keane when he joined. Im no fan of Paul Lambert, but in this case he can't win. We need a proven striker.  We don't sign a striker then there is uproar. I hope this one comes off.

If he comes in and scores the goals to keep us up would it be money well spent?

I'd rather it be spent on paying off the manager responsible for us being in such a desperate position.

• Like 3

I'd rather it be spent on paying off the manager responsible for us being in such a desperate position.
A simple yes or no would of done, the question was about Ricky not Paul.

I'd rather have Byram than Lambert.

I'd rather have £5m than Lambert.

The age matters - it's money down the drain - for free I'd take him on a two year deal. For £5m and a four year contract worth another £10m? I'd rather rod my dog.

• Like 1

MON?

He has proved himself at every level of football including international and premier league, I'd take him all day long as he knows where the net is and I couldn't give a shite how much he costs ad it's about time Lerner freed up some funds for a proven premier league goalscorer. If he comes in and scores the goals to keep us up would it be money well spent?

Yes if he scored the goals but Liverpool only started scoring when the played Sterling up front and I don't really have high hopes of Lambert doing much for us. Can't see it!

we need a goalscorer and someone who will give us a presence up top and work a defence, lambert does all of them for me, fee is irrelevant if he scores goals and keeps us up, contract length would be the one, no longer than 2 years

byram would be a good signing too

I'd rather have Byram than Lambert.

I'd rather have £5m than Lambert.

The age matters - it's money down the drain - for free I'd take him on a two year deal. For £5m and a four year contract worth another £10m? I'd rather rod my dog.

Jimzk posted a photo of Elvis bumming a Bassett hound in off topic if you can dig it out.
  • Like 3

MON?

His prodigé.

Peter Withe 29

Paul McGrath 30

Paul Merson 30

Robbie Keane 32

Brad Freidel 37

hardly in youthful prime when signed

I think Withe was still 28 when we signed him but we signed him when he was at his absolute peak and he was the finishing piece of the jigsaw

Ricky Lambert has never been overly quick, so I don't think age is an issue, he could easily play until he is 35 at the top level. Jesus Christ, he scored a good goal against us the other week, getting the ball and being direct. If we managed to get him, and played him, Sinclair and Gil, we have 3 new direct attacking players who all have something to prove.

And in answer to the question above, yes I would pay £5m for him, because if Benteke doesn't get out of his slump, we will be relegated this season. I suspect PL and Fox have realised the same. Ricky Lambert is potentially a season changing signing for us.

I would also say that if at the start of January someone said that Villa would sign three players - Scott Sinclair, Ricky Lambert and Carles Gil (based on what I've seen of him so far) - then I would have bitten their hands off.

Edited by GeordieVillan
  • Like 3