January Transfer Speculation 2015

Supervillan78

I'd rather have Byram than Lambert.

I'd rather have £5m than Lambert.

The age matters - it's money down the drain - for free I'd take him on a two year deal. For £5m and a four year contract worth another £10m? I'd rather rod my dog.

What if we pay £5m and he scores 5-10 goals and it keeps us safe from relegation - is it worth it? What if we don't sign him and we get relegated because we Benteke doesn't start scoring?

Peter Withe 29

Paul McGrath 30

Paul Merson 30

Robbie Keane 32

Brad Freidel 37

hardly in youthful prime when signed

If we concentrate on the forwards that played for us as permanent signings - both Withe and Merson were nearer to Lambert's age when they left us than they were we when they arrived.

• Like 2

I'd rather have Byram than Lambert.

I'd rather have £5m than Lambert.

The age matters - it's money down the drain - for free I'd take him on a two year deal. For £5m and a four year contract worth another £10m? I'd rather rod my dog.

What if we pay £5m and he scores 5-10 goals and it keeps us safe from relegation - is it worth it? What if we don't sign him and we get relegated because we Benteke doesn't start scoring?

He's not as good a player as Benteke, he's not as good a player as Agbonlahor - I have three problems with him - he's not that good, he's old and he's expensive. What if we pay £5m for him and as a result of that and his wages we have to sell players in the summer?

There are better players about for the money - players with sell on values - players with futures.

• Like 2

Lambert had 13 goals and 11 assists last season. He has 28 goals and 18 assists in 75 premier league games with Southampton. He is more than just a number 9, he has great feet and is very smart and is capable of making things happen for other players. Get it done please lambo

• Like 1

Lambert said yesterday that he was interested in a few young English players. Looks like we might have lost out on Alli but maybe this Leeds youngster was one of the others he was talking about.

Don't click if you don't want to see twitter rumours.

Henry Smith @blankhenry1

Heard Villa have not completely given up on Delle Alli #avfc

Bloke is reasonably reliable and hardly prolific. 

Anyway - Rickie Lambert. I hadn't realised he was 32 years old. I'm sure he'd still score at this level in the short term and I really like him as a player, he's strong, he puts the shift in without fail and if you ask me he is absolutely everything that we need right now. 

However - He's 32. We'd only bring him in on a 2 year contract, surely. So why would he come here? He wouldn't is the answer. 

Short term fix that could keep us in the prem....i like it....but cant see why Liverpool would go for it....

Agreed and my fear is that we know they won't go for it and are just trying to appease the fans so it looks like we tried to do something.