January Transfer Speculation 2015

Supervillan78

Fletcher was a very very good player 4 years ago. No idea now myself, I've seen so little of him.

He's were pretty poor when i watched him, really clumsy on the ball and well off the pace. Don't hope we go for him.

Edited by villalad21

We can't get Michu in January - he's at Napoli with an option for them to take him after the year. AFAIK once you've got that full year loan you can't be sold unless there's a recall option, which is rarely included in a full year loan

Darren Fletcher was the kind of player that was ridiculed for large parts of his career, always not been good enough for United, but in the end he became a very important player. He has excellent tactical and analytical skills on the pitch, he makes other players better. A bit like Carrick at the moment, you can see that he calms the other players down and makes only the right decisions. Fletcher of course is much less of a pass- and playmaker, but that suits a poor team like ours well.

Players like Darren Fletcher would make us much, much better.

I think that was the case, but watching him recently he seems physically done.

He just seems to have lost the energy, strength and engine that made him what he was, and he wasn't exactly Scholes when it came to passing.

We can't get Michu in January - he's at Napoli with an option for them to take him after the year. AFAIK once you've got that full year loan you can't be sold unless there's a recall option, which is rarely included in a full year loan

Again, I wouldn't fancy Miichu either.

That ankle injury has finished him, he's lost all mobility.

Darren Fletcher was the kind of player that was ridiculed for large parts of his career, always not been good enough for United, but in the end he became a very important player. He has excellent tactical and analytical skills on the pitch, he makes other players better. A bit like Carrick at the moment, you can see that he calms the other players down and makes only the right decisions. Fletcher of course is much less of a pass- and playmaker, but that suits a poor team like ours well.

Players like Darren Fletcher would make us much, much better.

Very good workrate, very good attitude and will be great experience to add to the team. 

• Like 2

Fletcher is a decent player but he'd be on decent wages too and I'm not sure he'd be fit enough of the time to justify them. 

More significantly, though, that's not really a gap in the team. We're desperate for someone who can link up the midfield and forwards, and also need someone who is going to bomb on from midfield, possibly as a long term replacement for Delph. I thought Cleverley might be able to do that job but that doesn't seem to be his game anymore. 

Fletcher in to replace Delph?

Not sure i'd like that.

He's on £70 k/week at Manure, hasn't played regularly since 2011, turning 31, coming back from injury.

Could turn out good like Gareth Barry or just fizzle out like many of the other players who leave Man U for lesser clubs.

• Like 1

Me neither. If we are signing Cleverley too then we aren't in need of a midfielder like Fletcher. I hope the Delph money is used on a creative midfielder who can spearhead the midfield three.