Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

Both stations near me in Mere Green (Shell and Esso) are empty (as in no fuel, not as in no queues)

Luckily i have about 160 miles left in my tank and only plan on doing about 30 miles this week so i'm fine. Planning on seeing my folks next weekend and thats 100 mile round trip so would like a top up before that journey. 

Edited by Xela

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

Both stations near me in Mere Green (Shell and Esso) are empty. 

Luckily i have about 160 miles left in my tank and only plan on doing about 30 miles this week so i'm fine. Planning on seeing my folks next weekend and thats 100 mile round trip so would like a top up before that journey. 

This will be over by then. Petrol stations are getiing fuel deliveries even on Sundays. Tesco by us had nothing at all yesterday now have half the pumps active

The Esso I got fuel from earlier definitely didn't have petrol last night but now does

Just now, sidcow said:

Yesterday I mentioned a band on VT and wasn't subject to a barrage of sarcastic responses.  I don't think that's ever happened before. 

Isn't the only thing worse than being talked about, was not being talked about?

• Haha 1

On 26/09/2021 at 14:54, limpid said:

It's been fascinating to watch the people who say that EVs aren't practical because of a lack of charging places,  fail to realise that there aren't enough charging places for fossil fuels if everyone has to fill up at the same time.

:trollface:

Not only that but if you constantly top up at home, how often do you actually need to fill up on the road? 

It's a massively disproportionately small number of car journeys that are over the 125 miles you would need to do to get there and back before needing to refuel. 

The ball ache of going out to fill up with petrol is one of the things I'm most looking forward to knocking on the head.  I'm going electric as soon as I can which I hope is in 18 months when I change my car.  

8 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

It's all fun and games until there's a warning about possible energy disruptions so every word removed in the country starts plugging in batteries "just in case".

One of the best thing about electic cars is that they can be programmed to charge at times of least energy usage (usually in the middle of the night) and electricity is at it's cheapest. 

Additionaly the gigantic amount of storage power that 40 odd million electric cars provide can be used to smooth out peaks and troughs. You can designate a % of your battery to sell back to the grid at profit during peak periods and recharge again when cheaper. 

Even 10 - 15% of most peoples battery capacity would cause them no inconvenience. 

So on shady non windy days we can power the country on our cars then charge them up again when sunny/windy. 

It's all terribly terribly clever. 

Edited by sidcow

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

One of the best thing about electic cars is that they can be programmed to charge at times of least energy usage (usually in the middle of the night) and electricity is at it's cheapest. 

Additionaly the gigantic amount of storage power that 40 odd million electric cars provide can be used to smooth out peaks and troughs. You can designate a % of your battery to sell back to the grid at profit during peak periods and recharge again when cheaper. 

Even 10 - 15% of most peoples battery capacity would cause them no inconvenience. 

So on shady non windy days we can power the country on our cars then charge them up again when sunny/windy. 

It's all terribly terribly clever. 

All well and good but you can not brim an electric car right to the top, my lads always ask, how much have you put in Dad, 'brimmed it to the f**king top lads, right to the f**king top, brim brim brim brim brim' 

Always brings a smile to their faces and a look of immense pride  

The apples don't fall far from the tree 

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Xela said:

Petrol stations around here still out of fuel. Who is still buying it?! Hasn't every word removed got a full tank now?!

I've no doubt at all that people who filled up on Friday have used enough litres by now to go get a other top up, just in case some nurse on her way to A&E tries to jump in and top up her fumes. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Maybe when The Para's deliver some fuel over the weekend they can leave a squad behind to have a friendly word with people about how much they really need to take. 

How about filling a bucket lined with a bin bag? Or a good old fashioned punch up while in the queue?

PRC_202431337.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&z

https://metro.co.uk/2021/09/29/more-petrol-fights-break-out-and-men-are-filmed-filling-bin-bag-with-fuel-15335120/

A pair were spotted filling a bin bag-lined bucket with petrol as desperation to re-fuel continues.

In a separate incident in Essex, five men bundled into stationary cars as they brawled while drivers queued for the pumps.

One of the men could be heard saying: ‘You didn’t need it,’ as they fought over short supplies.

• Shocked 1

Had a day out to Sutton Coldfield today. Car was sat on the drive with a full tank so decided to give the car a run out. Only used a smidge of fuel but thought **** it, top it up. Petrol place closed as soon as I was finished. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Had a day out to Sutton Coldfield today. Car was sat on the drive with a full tank so decided to give the car a run out. Only used a smidge of fuel but thought **** it, top it up. Petrol place closed as soon as I was finished. 

200.gif

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Is there a petrol problem? I filled up all 9 of my cars yesterday.

Yeah but all those hairdressers cars only have small tanks ;) 

• Haha 1

Â