Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

15 hours ago, Xela said:

I know the question wasn't for me, but I'll answer (as I was going to mention it anyway)

TikTok. 

I 'get' the other social media sites like Facebook and Instagram, but TikTok baffles me. I guess its me being an old man but young women lip-syncing/dancing to a song for 10 seconds or just pulling a face and you can earn millions. Fair play to the people making a living out of it but i'm in the confused camp! 

TikTok isn’t necessarily that though, the algorithm is quite good so that you only see what you want to see. The best way I can describe it is like the reels on Instagram without the actual written posts, there isn’t really any point to it but it’s just a time waster like any of the other social media’s really.

2 hours ago, Eidolon said:

And you only need 1 of those subscribers to rip all of your content and upload it to a tube site and the whole thing becomes incredibly hard to make work. 

Yes, absolutely, and I'm sure that probably happens a lot. That's one of a few different reasons why I would guess it might be easy to make a decent amount of money over the short term, but hard to sustain subscriber growth over the long term.

I imagine doing an OnlyFans makes the best financial sense either as a side gig to a main job, or as a way to pay for studies or a qualification. But it can definitely be lucrative!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Yes, absolutely, and I'm sure that probably happens a lot. That's one of a few different reasons why I would guess it might be easy to make a decent amount of money over the short term, but hard to sustain subscriber growth over the long term.

I imagine doing an OnlyFans makes the best financial sense either as a side gig to a main job, or as a way to pay for studies or a qualification. But it can definitely be lucrative!

From what I can tell from anecdotes from friends the best way to make money off it for people who can’t cultivate massive subscriber bases is as advertisement to supplement work at strip clubs and stuff like that

Edited by Eidolon
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Eidolon said:

From what I can tell from anecdotes from friends the best way to make money off it for people who can’t cultivate massive subscriber bases is as advertisement to supplement work at strip clubs and stuff like that

Pics or GTFO 

• Haha 2

On 05/02/2022 at 13:39, rjw63 said:

The Gresford thread being bumped because he's had a **** haircut. 

This site is full of 19 year old girls posing as adult male football fans. 

Mate you're in that thread more than anyone on VillaTalk :D 

• Like 2

On 05/02/2022 at 22:55, Only2McInallys said:

That shit music they play,the underlying tension and pressure is too much for me

Headphones and realising that nobody cares what you do at the gym is a good solution for this

• Like 1

On 06/02/2022 at 14:03, Eidolon said:

And you only need 1 of those subscribers to rip all of your content and upload it to a tube site and the whole thing becomes incredibly hard to make work. 

or that makes you famous and talked about and you end up with more subscriptions in the long run.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ender4 said:

or that makes you famous and talked about and you end up with more subscriptions in the long run.

And it doesn't make it ok, but I imagine if you're well known enough for people to be ripping off your Only Fans, then you have easily enough subscribers to be making a lot of money

On 05/02/2022 at 23:04, Xela said:

TikTok. 

I 'get' the other social media sites like Facebook and Instagram, but TikTok baffles me. I guess its me being an old man but young women lip-syncing/dancing to a song for 10 seconds or just pulling a face and you can earn millions. 

A lot of Tiktok isn't that though. 

It shows you what you like, so for example if you're into football you will get virtually all football clips.  My son loves Minecraft and gets purely minecraft clips. 

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Mate you're in that thread more than anyone on VillaTalk :D 

:)

I'm really not.

I just have a strange urge to see what insane excuse it's been bumped for this time. The haircut thing is a new low  :)

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

It shows you what you like, so for example if you're into football you will get virtually all football clips.  My son loves Minecraft and gets purely minecraft clips. 

This.

Found some good food recipe's through TikTok!

6 hours ago, ender4 said:

Don't work that well, unless someone else is looking at mine.

"I got a, small waist, pretty face and a big bang"! 🤣

54 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Don't work that well, unless someone else is looking at mine.

"I got a, small waist, pretty face and a big bang"! 🤣

It’s cross referencing to other websites you may have taken an interest in! 😬😬😀

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Pancakes

I can make a small exception if they come with hot cherries and ice cream but even then it's more about the filling

Them by themselves or with sugar or lemon juice are near pointless for me, completely unsatisfactory or fulfilling 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Pancakes

I can make a small exception if they come with hot cherries and ice cream but even then it's more about the filling

Them by themselves or with sugar or lemon juice are near pointless for me, completely unsatisfactory or fulfilling 

I loves a pancake.

Who among us hasn’t enjoyed a cheeky crepe in the park on the way home from work?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Pancakes

No, I love pancakes. Sugar & lemon. Or butter & maple syrup & whipped cream. Or Nutella. Or honey. 

What I find pointless are Yorkshire puddings. Cannot see the point. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

No, I love pancakes. Sugar & lemon. Or butter & maple syrup & whipped cream. Or Nutella. Or honey. 

What I find pointless are Yorkshire puddings. Cannot see the point. 

Even on a roast?  Integral feature for me.

• Like 3

Â