Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

56 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

My cousin has got one between him and his mates, they buy old flats in decent areas, do them up and stick them on air bnb

They all live with their mom's 

Not a clue what's going on, they all have ordinary jobs and then about 7 shared businesses on the side, it's like they've given up on getting a good job or chasing a promotion that will see them live a godd life and theyre chasing some idea that will get them a ferrari and retirement at 34

Perhaps they are gay and need a pied a terre for their trysts and dalliances, because they haven't come out to their mothers yet?

On 31/01/2022 at 09:05, Genie said:

I can understand that there are some people that do it, but the way it gets reported is that there’s thousands of regular everyday women making shit loads at it. I just think there can’t be that many desperate, deprived men with disposable income, can there?  

You need surprisingly few subscribers to make a living out of it I would think. I don't have any OnlyFans subscriptions - honest! - but I subscibe to a Substack newsletter that costs me about £80 p/a, and I used to subscribe to a Patreon that was even more pricey than that. If you charge a tenner a month, you only need just over 400 subscribers to be making £50k before tax.

EDIT: Actually the above isn't quite right, as obviously the platform charges a fee, but even if the platform charges 25% it's not much more than 500 required. 

Edited by HanoiVillan
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Salted caramel.  Just pouring salt all over my chocolate.  How about **** off.

I also seem to be completely alone in this opinion.

This. Nothing worse than when someone whips out a Caramel Galaxy, but upon further inspection....

The Gresford thread being bumped because he's had a **** haircut. 

This site is full of 19 year old girls posing as adult male football fans. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

The Gresford thread being bumped because he's had a **** haircut. 

This site is full of 19 year old girls posing as adult male football fans. 

I know.   Not even sure why people are interested in his bloody hair when his legs are so beautiful. 

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

On 01/02/2022 at 10:17, magnkarl said:

Yeah, I swear some of these kids think that these get rich schemes is going to pay off. Renting out on airbnb is a disaster waiting to happen, it's a much safer bet to rent it out long term so that the flats\places pay for themselves and then grow from there.

Or just invest in mutual funds and get a job that you like, it's much less hassle.

Couldn’t agree more. Usually a nightmare for the neighbours as well, taking from experience unfortunately.

13 minutes ago, Only2McInallys said:

Why do people drive to the gym to go running on a treadmill ?

Guilty!! But it's winter, fooking cold and the gym is 5km away.

judge-dont-judge-me.gif

• Haha 2

On 01/02/2022 at 09:44, magnkarl said:

My grandfather's sidehustles: repairing shoes, selling firewood, delivering scraps

Modern sidehustles: show your genitals and tits online, get big on social media, dance to a song on tik tok

Which one don’t you get?

• Like 1

On 01/02/2022 at 23:14, HanoiVillan said:

You need surprisingly few subscribers to make a living out of it I would think. I don't have any OnlyFans subscriptions - honest! - but I subscibe to a Substack newsletter that costs me about £80 p/a, and I used to subscribe to a Patreon that was even more pricey than that. If you charge a tenner a month, you only need just over 400 subscribers to be making £50k before tax.

EDIT: Actually the above isn't quite right, as obviously the platform charges a fee, but even if the platform charges 25% it's not much more than 500 required. 

You’ve convinced me to try 😀🤪

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bickster said:

Because your knees don’t get as knackered with impact on a treadmill and the weather is better

Good reason.

For myself I haven’t been in a gym for over 25 years,the close proximity of a group of sweaty people doesn’t appeal.That shit music they play,the underlying tension and pressure is too much for me.I remember watching some guy running fast on a treadmill carrying some heavy weights and I thought this is not for me .

I like being outdoors even in the wind and rain.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ender4 said:

Which one don’t you get?

I know the question wasn't for me, but I'll answer (as I was going to mention it anyway)

TikTok. 

I 'get' the other social media sites like Facebook and Instagram, but TikTok baffles me. I guess its me being an old man but young women lip-syncing/dancing to a song for 10 seconds or just pulling a face and you can earn millions. Fair play to the people making a living out of it but i'm in the confused camp! 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Only2McInallys said:

Why do people drive to the gym to go running on a treadmill ?

I walk 5km to football, got a sore Achilles, played football, walked home, kills my hips

I'm getting old... Now I get the train there but still walk home 

As for the gym, its all mental and I'm the opposite, I could quite happily go for a 2 hour walk around town but I couldn't do 10 mins on a treadmill, can't do it in the great outdoors either it bores me but I can only go running in the countryside with no other people, I can't run in the city with the other runners and a treadmill at a gym I'd rather do the rower or ski machine 

People are weird 

I normally hate the treadmill and would never drive to the gym ro run on one when I have, y’know, outside available.

But last night, a combination of strong wind, cold rain and the ground being covered in wet ice, made me do the unthinkable and drive a 5k roundtrip to run a 5k.

Very first worldly of me. 

On 02/02/2022 at 09:44, HanoiVillan said:

And you only need 1 of those subscribers to rip all of your content and upload it to a tube site and the whole thing becomes incredibly hard to make work. 

Â