Paul Lambert

limpid

How's he going to rebuild his reputation working for an owner who will give him limited funds and wages?

Same way he built it I would imagine.
That's going from championship to that. Can't see him doing the same now. Better teams than us will give him the chance.

I'm confused. We are talking about Moyes.... who spent **** all at Everton over what? 10 years?

Villa would be ideal for him.

We're talking about Moyes, who had the biggest job in the world and failed. I don't think at this stage in his career he's going to take on another 10 yr challenge at a team with little ambition. I may be wrong though. I guess we'll see where Moyes ends up.

Do you not think that if we'd worked on our possession game over the last two years that we'd be in a better place to create chances. I think the two are linked. If you don't have much of the ball you're not going to be creating chance after chance.

Teams like Atletico Madrid and Borussia Dortmund never relied on possession for chances. There are other ways to create chances.

They have some stand out quality players. We don't. We can't expect to see little of the ball and yet create chance after chance.

They also have 2 of the best managers in the world and extremely clear tactics and roles for every player.

Again, missing the point. Im saying possession is the not the be all and end all of creating chances. We just watched a team last night without stand out players who looked clueless at times still win 2-0.

Do you not think that if we'd worked on our possession game over the last two years that we'd be in a better place to create chances. I think the two are linked. If you don't have much of the ball you're not going to be creating chance after chance.

Teams like Atletico Madrid and Borussia Dortmund never relied on possession for chances. There are other ways to create chances.
They have some stand out quality players. We don't. We can't expect to see little of the ball and yet create chance after chance.

Thats irrelevant. You are talking about possession and chances being a better way of creating chances. What i'm saying is, regardless of the players available, there are ways to creates chances without having large amounts of possession and those teams, amongst many prove that.

I don't disagree. There's plenty of ways to play this game. I don't see us creating more chances unless we become more comfortable with the ball. If we had different players maybe a different approach would work. How do you think we should be trying to create more?

QPR were poor yesterday but they seemed to have a game plan which worked. They knew we could have lots of the ball and wouldn't be able to do anything with it. Reminded me of our cup exits to lower league opposition under Lambert. I'd love to know what goes on on the training ground.

Yep. With or without the ball we are rubbish. We can't even counter anymore as teams leave two midfielder deep. Lambert's tactic has been found out and he doesn't have a clue.

I have backed him so much, even when the fans turned on him last season I thought it would be best to stick with him. But I've had enough with this football club now, I just want Lerner to go as he is the reason we are in this mess. Lambert - obviously the coaching on the training ground isn't working, to not score against QPR is quite disgraceful. Is it an over reaction to say we must beat Spurs next week?

Thats irrelevant. You are talking about possession and chances being a better way of creating chances. What i'm saying is, regardless of the players available, there are ways to creates chances without having large amounts of possession and those teams, amongst many prove that.

I don't disagree. There's plenty of ways to play this game. I don't see us creating more chances unless we become more comfortable with the ball. If we had different players maybe a different approach would work. How do you think we should be trying to create more?

Im not disagreeing with you that our players must be more comfortable on the ball but they just aren't up to it as a squad. Imagine playing some nice intricate passes and then it ends up at the feet of Gabby or Andi who then don't know what to do with it.

Just using the teams I mentioned as an examples.

Atletico rely on solid work ethic, defensive play and set pieces - We can't do any of these.

Dortmund rely on fast paced, high energy counter attacking football getting it from back to front as quickly as possible and working from there. - We can't do any of that.

I honestly don't know what the answer is because we just seem unbalanced and that comes down to Lambert.

• Like 1

It's his opinion though. As for looking at what is happening, he is doing the same and forming his own opinion. It does not make it black and white, it makes it personal to him - and perhaps shared by others.

Wow, I didn't realise it was his opinion - thanks for pointing that out to me.

In all seriousness, I don't see how it changes anything?

Because he is entitled to it and doesn't need to be told that everything is black and white. I think we all know things are not black and white.

Just like Mantis is entitled to his, and shouldn't be told to stop making excuses or whatever other patronizing b.s.

Well if you're gonna go round labeling people black and white thinkers etc then I think you've got to accept some "patronizing bs" in return, people in glass houses and that.

Although to be honest, in my opinion at least, it's not as if the excuses line is without merit there does seem to be certain posters who will argue for arguments sake, no matter what happens there always seems to be a mitigating circumstance.

I never labeled anyone a "black and white thinker" I said they took a black and white approach.

Who is arguing for arguments sake here? I presume you're referring to me when you mentioned that there's supposed always mitigating circumstances yet I have specifically said that games like QPR and Everton for example there are no excuses whatsoever. In some games there have been mitigating factors and it's ridiculous to even try and deny this, but likewise there have also been a number of games where the blame lies heavily on Lambert - last night being a prime example.

I don't think I've seen anyone on here after QPR trying to offer excuses for what was an incredibly dire performance. So no, I don't think the excuses line is with merit at the moment.

Sometimes it seems as if people just read what they want to read rather than what is actually said.

Edited by Mantis

Im not disagreeing with you that our players must be more comfortable on the ball but they just aren't up to it as a squad. Imagine playing some nice intricate passes and then it ends up at the feet of Gabby or Andi who then don't know what to do with it.

Just using the teams I mentioned as an examples.

Atletico rely on solid work ethic, defensive play and set pieces - We can't do any of these.

Dortmund rely on fast paced, high energy counter attacking football getting it from back to front as quickly as possible and working from there. - We can't do any of that.

I honestly don't know what the answer is because we just seem unbalanced and that comes down to Lambert.

Yep I'm on the same page there.

I actually think this approach could have worked better if Lambert had signed proper wingers. To play with no width and strikers as wide players who are in there to defend as much as attack, just isn't going to create the chances we need.

• Like 1

We were allowed to pass the ball around in defence and midfield yesterday because we weren't actually causing QPR any real problems by doing this. We are in the worst position possible at the moment in that we can't score and we can't defend. Something like 4 scored and 14 conceded is terrifying and Lambert looks completely clueless.

After what happened at United Moyes will be looking for stability in his next role and a chance to rebuild his reputation.

I really don't see him being interested in a club under the ownership of a guy still cutting costs and looking to sell or in trying to compete on a £10m summer budget. 

Talk of Moyes as a replacement for Lambert is utterly unrealistic in my view.

• Like 1

Is Moyes still on the Man U payroll earning silly money or did he get a fixed sum when he was fired?

(As always I rather we looked outside the UK if we're hiring a new manager)

Last night showed we have no clue what to do when we have the ball because for most of the time Lambert has had us playing defensive counter attacking football. So of course our players aren't brilliant when we play poor teams that allow us to have more of the ball. Cup losses are a perfect example of this.

The priority should be doing something with the possession we have but that's part of a team comfortable with the ball. We're so limited with movement and passing in the final 3rd and IMO that's mainly down to the coaching we have at the club. I don't think you can just start creating plenty of good chances without first keeping the ball better. There needs to be a building process and lambert, for whatever reason, has failed to implement this.

You want us to go from crawling to running but the problem is we haven't spent the last two years learning to walk yet.

The progress of the team is miles behind where it should be.

I honestly don't understand this. You're massively contradicting yourself.

Last night we DID keep the ball better. And we created nothing (much).

IMO you're the one who wants to go from crawling to running. Possession football isn't something that can be done at the flick of a switch. And imo there's no point concentrating on keeping the ball better if we're currently doing nothing with it. Again, I'm not saying it's a bad thing. I'm not saying we should be telling our players to NOT keep the ball better or that I'd PREFER to have 30% possession than 70%

All I'm saying is Lambert shouldn't be telling the team that all they have to do is keep the ball, because we clearly have bigger problems than that. At the moment we look like we could have 90% possession and we still won't score. The possession stat is useless unless we're doing something with that possession.

You're saying we can't eat unless we're at the table. I'm saying that if we don't have a fork, we can be at the table all we want but we're still not getting any food.

• Like 2

Is Moyes still on the Man U payroll earning silly money or did he get a fixed sum when he was fired?

(As always I rather we looked outside the UK if we're hiring a new manager)

might be wrong but I dont think any foreign manager with no UK mnagerial experience has ever saved a team in a relegation battle on a mid season appointment. look at Solskjaer and Magath last season

We were allowed to pass the ball around in defence and midfield yesterday because we weren't actually causing QPR any real problems by doing this. We are in the worst position possible at the moment in that we can't score and we can't defend. Something like 4 scored and 14 conceded is terrifying and Lambert looks completely clueless.

on the defence part Its no better or worse than most other teams, except Stoke all teams from 7th down have conceded 13 or more. Its the goals for that will kill us

Â