Paul Lambert

limpid

Yeah, you have to remember that a lot of the players have either been given their chance in the Premier League for the first time by Lambert or another chance to prove what they can do (ie Delph).

I personally don't think Lambert should be sacked. Should he be given a new contract? Probably not, yet. While a new manager might give the team a bit of a lift I would be worried about yet another rebuilding process. Cue more players in/out and less stability.

Despite this, a loss to Cardiff would undermine all the good work shown against Liverpool/West Brom and would be worrying.

Good post. If we sack Lambert we are just going to restart the process and go through the same motions with a new manager, it is pointless in my opinion. If people crave change look at the board would be my suggestion.

Any team knows that they will have to keep an eye on Benteke as he can be unplayable on his day.

As a result it does mean that the common attempt to whack the ball up to Benteke and then expect him to knock it down for an approaching forward soon gets found out. It's funny how we only really start playing towards the end of matches when we're a goal or two behind. I posted earlier about what I believe to be caution from the manager in terms of being overly attacking this season.

Lambert won't be fired, I still think that Randy want's out, the last thing he'd want to do is bring in someone else, I imagine it's much easier to keep Lambert until we're sold, even if that mean having to offer Lambert an extension, which I'm sure would have clauses in it making it easy for the contract to be cancelled at a later date.

I have been a massive Lambert supporter from day 1 and have always defended his decisions. Although I am starting to fall off the bandwagon. I am not itk and I don't know what happened behind the scenes in January but I think not buying a different type of midfielder could be Lambert's/villas downfall. Tonight was especially poor because of the tactics employed which comes down to the manager, I can't blame Lambert for the 2 goals which were lapses in concentration but his tactics he will have to take the blame for, particularly when we were playing good football at home a few weeks ago against west brom and in the last 20 mins against west ham we played good football and maybe should of pegged at least one back. I think albrighton needs to start as he offers something no one else in our team does. Perhaps Lambert sees him as a weapon off the bench, to attack tired legs, but we arnt in a position to enjoy that luxury, anyone who can make a difference should be starting. End rant

What's a Man City-type budget got to do with it? You've just jumped from one extreme to another.

no i havent mantis. I appreciate any questioning of lambert is particularly difficult for you mantis given your self dig pretty deep hole on him, but all we hear now from people with similar views to you is about budgets.

Just admit it, lambert is has and will fail, the job is just too big for him and any excuses re budgets are smokescreens. We know that lerner has cut the budget ridiculously but lambert is making many many mistakes that are not budget related they are just down to his inability to do the job in hand.

Admitting you were wrong about him isnt a problem, many including me wanted him here but like many decisions in football based on opinion have to get changed. Lambert just isnt up to the job and needs to go and no way in the world deserves anything stupid like contract extensions

• Like 4

I stopped watching after Nolan strolled to his 2nd.

You can talk about the quality of our players till the cows come home - I'm having none of it. The majority of this side have been playing together for at least 1 and a half seasons yet they still manage to play like a pub side.

That's the problem with "young hungry" players - they actually need to be coached into a cohesive unit. Lambert is failing.

• Like 4

It's amazing how many more pages a defeat brings than a win. We miss Vlaar so badly, have we got any points when he hasn't played this season? Clark and Baker together and we are going to get a hiding against anyone. Long term we should be alright when Okore is back so there is no way I would sack Lambert. Can Holt play centre-half? Dion did a job there for us a few times from what I remember.

Well, I'm still in support of Lambert :)

I still think we'll finish mid table, yesterday was a horrendous result but we were also pretty unlucky to be fair. Still no points when 3 would have seen us stay 10th and close 2 points on 9th. 1 point would have done and had Albrighton's screamer and Benteke's header gone in we'd have got that. 

We need to improve and seemingly I'm one of the few who still think we will.

You're still missing the point. I'm not talking about the quantity of long balls relative to other teams I'm talking about the quantity of long balls in general.

Haha this is brilliant.

Care to explain what's so funny instead of just posting something like that?

What's a Man City-type budget got to do with it? You've just jumped from one extreme to another.

no i havent mantis. I appreciate any questioning of lambert is particularly difficult for you mantis given your self dig pretty deep hole on him, but all we hear now from people with similar views to you is about budgets.

Just admit it, lambert is has and will fail, the job is just too big for him and any excuses re budgets are smokescreens. We know that lerner has cut the budget ridiculously but lambert is making many many mistakes that are not budget related they are just down to his inability to do the job in hand.

Admitting you were wrong about him isnt a problem, many including me wanted him here but like many decisions in football based on opinion have to get changed. Lambert just isnt up to the job and needs to go and no way in the world deserves anything stupid like contract extensions

This is what I mean about VT and extreme opinions - I think Lambert has a lot to answer for and have said this before. He's far from perfect. It's pathetic how anyone that isn't 100% anti-Lambert just gets slated for supposedly thinking Lambert is immune from criticism. The lack of moderate views on here is getting really **** annoying now and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one on here who thinks that.

The reason why people talk about the budget a lot is because he's had very little to spend per player and even less on wages. That isn't to say he hasn't made mistakes of his own (no doubt that part of my post will be ignored) but having so little to spend will have a negative effect. I haven't been overly critical of Lerner's spending policy up until now but it really needs to change in the summer now.

Edited by Mantis

Lambert is making basic errors in every game he goes into at home. Even the WBA game we were poor for around a 60 minute period throughout the game. Yesterday it took until we were two down to rectify the lack of width situation.

• Like 1

Well, I'm still in support of Lambert :)

I still think we'll finish mid table, yesterday was a horrendous result but we were also pretty unlucky to be fair. Still no points when 3 would have seen us stay 10th and close 2 points on 9th. 1 point would have done and had Albrighton's screamer and Benteke's header gone in we'd have got that. 

We need to improve and seemingly I'm one of the few who still think we will.

romavillan do you watch home games. We wasn't unlucky, we are always outplayed at home cause Lambert has no idea how to play at there. Yesterday we only started to play in the second half after Allardyce closed up shop??? We have not improved since season one under Lambert, We can play, we have seen good performances from this team. Problem being we are so inconsistant and this can only be down to Lambert and his coaching staff. There are not many teams who show Liverplop a game then fail to show this form again lesser teams. After 2 seasons we should be playing much better football even if we haven'nt got the quality.

Edited by foreveryoung
  • Like 1

Â