Paul Lambert

limpid

You said we sometimes play long ball and its not as bad as people make out.

The fact is that only 1 team in the league play more long balls on average a game.

I also said stats don't tell the full story.

Haha

I agree stats don't always tell the full story. However with the simple lool at the amount of long balls we play I'm not sure how they don't tell the full story.

I'm open to your explaination though.

Explain how the amount of long balls tells the full story for style of play.

I suppose if he had another 50 mill to spend he might have been able to beat Sheffield United at home in the cup

Proof the manager is tactically inept. had no idea how to beat these League 1 cloggers.

Not that it didn't piss me off, but Premier League teams losing to lower league teams is hardly rare.

Yeah shite Premiership teams!!

You don't need stats of any sort to deduce that the football we play under Lambert (especially at home) is dire and that the results aren't nearly good enough.  Quite how the mumbling chump deserves a new contract is beyond me.

The fact is that only 1 team in the league play more long balls on average a game.

Haha

I agree stats don't always tell the full story. However with the simple lool at the amount of long balls we play I'm not sure how they don't tell the full story.

Er....it shows how many long balls we play?

There's more to playing style than just the number of long balls. As I keep on saying, stats don't tell the full story.

Edited by Mantis

Haha

There's more to playing style than just the number of long balls. As I keep on saying, stats don't tell the full story.

Yes but we clearly play a lot of long balls and we clearly play more than the vast majority of other teams in the league. I'll leave you to enjoy the style no one else sees.

• Like 1

Haha

Yes but we clearly play a lot of long balls and we clearly play more than the vast majority of other teams in the league. I'll leave you to enjoy the style no one else sees.

I agree, but as I said in my original post I think it gets exaggerated.

Once again you're putting words into my mouth. I don't enjoy our style of play nor do I see some sort of style that nobody else sees, I just don't think it's as bad as some make out.

Haha how does it get exaggerated?

2/20 for long balls per game

18/20 for short passes per game.

How does it get exaggerated?

People make out that we play more long balls than we actually do.

Don't forget that there is little room for middle ground on VT. There's so many extreme opinions that even stuff like this can get blown out of proportion.

Not sure about this Markavfc. Maybe another manager could keep us more consistant like the football played against Liverplop, west Brom and others. the quality is there we just rarely see it. Also maybe another manager might know his best tactics first 11 after nearly 2 seasons in charge

The good performances are that few and far between it reminds me of a lower league side on a cup run playing out of their skins every now and again. Yes we do have players capable of producing decent football once in a blue moon but I think most players are its that high level of consistency that separates the decent players from the good/very good players.

Fact of the matter for me is that most of our players are either out of their depths or their level is playing for a lower league prem/promotion chasing championship side. I can't knock any of them for effort but they do lack quality. Lowton, Westwood, El Ahmadi, Sylla, Weimann, Luna, Clark, Baker, Bacuna have all had plenty of game time this season but they will never have the quality to take us any higher than we are now which is a lower table Prem side constantly looking over our shoulders hoping there are three worse teams than us.

• Like 1

Don't forget that there is little room for middle ground on VT. There's so many extreme opinions that even stuff like this can get blown out of proportion.

Only 1 team in the league play more long balls a game than us.

Even someone who said we play more long balls than any other team wouldn't actually be far off so I fail to see how its even possible to exaggerate this fact.

Haha

I suppose if he had another 50 mill to spend he might have been able to beat Sheffield United at home in the cup

Proof the manager is tactically inept. had no idea how to beat these League 1 cloggers.

Not that it didn't piss me off, but Premier League teams losing to lower league teams is hardly rare.

Yes fair play they managed to beat Fulham as well

A Fulham team which managed to beat us 2 - 0

Notice the pattern here?

Only 1 team in the league play more long balls a game than us.

Even someone who said we play more long balls than any other team wouldn't actually be far off so I fail to see how its even possible to exaggerate this fact.

You're still missing the point. I'm not talking about the quantity of long balls relative to other teams I'm talking about the quantity of long balls in general.

Also, not quite getting that meme that Lambert has "lost the dressing room." No indications that has happened at all and it all seems a pointlessly damaging notion to spread.

It is total rubbish.

I agree. This is what I meant about the lack of middle ground on here. Pretty much every time we put in a poor performance people claim Lambert's lost the dressing room.

• Like 2

Also, not quite getting that meme that Lambert has "lost the dressing room." No indications that has happened at all and it all seems a pointlessly damaging notion to spread.

It is total rubbish.

Yeah, you have to remember that a lot of the players have either been given their chance in the Premier League for the first time by Lambert or another chance to prove what they can do (ie Delph).

I personally don't think Lambert should be sacked. Should he be given a new contract? Probably not, yet. While a new manager might give the team a bit of a lift I would be worried about yet another rebuilding process. Cue more players in/out and less stability.

Despite this, a loss to Cardiff would undermine all the good work shown against Liverpool/West Brom and would be worrying.

• Like 2

Â