Paul Lambert

limpid

Wouldn't be surprised if they haven't agreed a deal whereby Lambert gets a pay off and the club say he resigned. That way, he gets his money and also keeps his dignity intact, sort of! Much better to have a resignation due to uncertainty over the club's future on your CV rather than being sacked for overseeing the club's worst ever performance.

I could imagine Lerner having the respect about him to do that, especially after keeping his spending down during Lambert's time here.

So I've been unable to look on here during the last 24 hours anything to report on Lambert's future?

Hopefully the announcement on Monday will be him getting his P45

I really hope for some new ownership news. I fear going into this summer without a committed owner more than going into new season with Lambert. We badly need strengthening, no manager could work with our current squad.

He told Lerner that he wanted his two staffs back while he in charged of the club. He wanted to get some funds and i know 100 per cent Lambert is very angry and is 100 per cent considering his job at the club.

He hasn't gone yet and if and when he does it might be through the mutual consent line with possible new owners coming in.

Just have to wait and see how this pans out, if he resigns it does not look great, whilst a sacking, would perhaps indicate new ownership but a mutual consent line would leave us still in the darkness. If he even goes of course, but that Admin has put his neck on the line, if nothing materialised Monday then he will be called out.  Lamber definitely went into self-preservation mode toward the end of the season though. 

He told Lerner that he wanted his two staffs back while he in charged of the club. He wanted to get some funds and i know 100 per cent Lambert is very angry and is 100 per cent considering his job at the club.

So are you saying he may have left as manager but he also may not have?

Edited by GENTLEMAN

Gentleman don't think the club will mind in the least if they keep us in the dark if you use the previous example of Martin O'Neill for instance. I just think if Lambert does leave then a mutual consent press release would suit all parties with reputation partially intact.

• Like 1

Lambert leaving due to surrounding uncertainty could confine us to relegation if a takeover isn't close.

No suitable manager would take on the job given the circumstances.

I'm just crossing my fingers hoping that new owners are already making plans for the new season because 19 other Premier League clubs are,

• Like 3

Lambert leaving due to surrounding uncertainty could confine us to relegation if a takeover isn't close.

I'm just crossing my fingers hoping that new owners are already making plans for the new season because 19 other Premier League clubs are,

I agree with this. I wanted Lambert out, but now with the massive uncertainty regarding the ownership issue, I'm beginning to wonder... At the very least Lambert should stay until the club is sold. Relegation, or even a threat of a relegation next season, could smash down our value another notch or three.

I'm sure Lerner sees this risk aswell, which gives Lambert some leverage in negotiations with Lerner. If there's any truth to stories about Lambert wanting to secure his position even after a takeover, this is his weapon.

In short: I'm hopeful and confident that Lambert will stay as long as Lerner is the owner, unless he walks himself.

Edited by AVTuco
  • Like 1

I agree with this. I wanted Lambert out, but now with the massive uncertainty regarding the ownership issue, I'm beginning to wonder... At the very least Lambert should stay until the club is sold. Relegation, or even a threat of a relegation next season, could smash down our value another notch or three.

I'm sure Lerner sees this risk aswell, which gives Lambert some leverage in negotiations with Lerner. If there's any truth to stories about Lambert wanting to secure his position even after a takeover, this is his weapon.

In short: I'm hopeful and confident that Lambert will stay as long as Lerner is the owner, unless he walks himself.

Exactly both PF and PL know the club in its current position, Lambert’s players etc he knows them and if it drags till the new season they might decide to play for him again along with a few players back.

New owners will get rid of Lambert but in the mean time they should stay, i doubt he would quit and write of a mill or two.

We cannot just get rid of the 2 main folk who run things around here, who will run it in the mean time? Nobody would take the jobs knowing they’ll probably be gotten rid off as soon as we’re actually sold.

Edited by VillaForever1970

Exactly both PF and PL know the club in its current position, Lambert’s players etc he knows them and if it drags till the new season they might decent to play for him again along with a few players back.

New owners will get rid of Lambert but in the mean time they should stay, i doubt he would quit and write of a mill or two.

We cannot just get rid of the 2 main folk who run things around here, who will run it in the mean time? Nobody would take the jobs knowing they’ll probably be gotten rid off as soon as we’re actually sold.

If this is the case Lambert will have his agent working overtime right now. He'll drop down to the Championship or go to Scotland rather than put up with that. If he knows he's gone once the takeover is completed he'll go now. Don't think cash will come into it for him.

Exactly both PF and PL know the club in its current position, Lambert’s players etc he knows them and if it drags till the new season they might decent to play for him again along with a few players back.

If this is the case Lambert will have his agent working overtime right now. He'll drop down to the Championship or go to Scotland rather than put up with that. If he knows he's gone once the takeover is completed he'll go now. Don't think cash will come into it for him.

Probably over a mill, would you?

Thats what i think the news will be tomorrow, they’ll both stay on in the mean time whilst we’re sold (hopefully soon)...

Â