Paul Lambert

limpid

If people are seriously arguing that no-one - including Paul Lambert - knew about bullying of the players by the two guys appointed by Paul Lambert as the key members of his coaching team, that reflects very badly Indeed on the whole club but especially on Paul Lambert. I think the backwash from this affair should in all justice end with his resignation.

• Like 1

It's unlikely this has been known about by any of the wider management team until now. The fact these two have been suspended and not sacked suggests the allegations are sufficiently serious to warrant further investigation until the full facts can be proven, at which point it can be decided whether it's gross misconduct. If it's later proven Lambert knew about it then he's right up the creek without a paddle !

I think the fact that Delph and Gabby handed in transfer requests after Fulham (since rescinded) because of these pair shows it was well known.

Wait, what, did they?

Practically every body on VT lives in a blame culture.

There's always someone at fault.

Crystal Palace have just turned Everton over in their own back yard.

Will the natives at Goodison be getting restless & nailing Martinez's balls to the Glady's Street End goal posts now?

Palace have momentum, they had it by winning 2 games before they beat us. Now they have kicked ass at Everton.

Please stop looking to blame Lambert every time we have a set back.

We go again?

Okay then, if we don't go again, what the ****  do we do then, lie down & die?

Lambert is right, we do go again, what other choice is there?

So all of you scape goat hunters here on VT, bow your head's with shame in criticising him for this, stop blaming Lambert, stop blaming Randy, stop blaming Faulkner & stop living in a blame culture.

Stop, stop, stop.

Instead, do what fans are supposed to do & get behind the Manager, the team & the whole beautiful club.

Stop moaning. Stop griping, stop being misery arses & support , support , support.

If you need any help regularly practice the following song  for Saturday:

Paul Lambert's Claret & Blue Army.

ps- No nailing anyone's balls to any goal posts unless their name is Lee Clarke :P

Ridiculous. How would Everton fans wanting Martinez out after one defeat be comparable, in any way, shape or form, to villa fans calling for Lambert's head?

Your writing as if the Lambert out talk is completely reactionary and knee-jerk, it was going on for long before the Palace game and is completely warranted, imo, as we have completely failed to progress from last season and the football we play seems to have regress.

& the `Lambert In` talk was going on long before the fans heralded his in coming by chanting for him at Norwich at the last game of the McLeish era & that was completely warranted.

If the majority of the fans now want Lambo out then why don't they just admit that they got it wrong.

Not me though. I still love the guy & just want to leave him be & let him get on with his master plan.

Lambert In, in, in, in. :thumb:

Tomask NB* I have seen every Villa home game since 1968.

Good job I wasn't bowing my head in shame for criticising Lambert as I would have missed this post.

I wanted Lambert in, I though nothing could get worse than Mcleish and I thought it was a pretty good coup at the time. Even last season through some of the dismal results, I thought we turned into a decent side towards the end and showed improvement. I, along with many this season, thought we would push towards a comfortable mid-table position.

How wrong I was and I apologise to all for this.

The arguments for pro and against Lambert have been put forward countless times although I've yet to see any examples of the good Lambert has done but excuses/reasons to why he has done poorly. Maybe you could state why you love him to help me with this? I won't even argue and state the reasons why I'm close to hating him.  

Your point about the fans wanting him in so they can't want him out is what does get to me. Fans are as fickle as anything yet Lambert has actually been given an incredible amount of patience by them. I'm assuming (I wasn't on the forum at this time) most fans wanted Lerner in too so those now calling for his head (including Pro Lambert fans on here) would be wrong too. And if your wrong you can't change your mind of course even if those people don't deliver (I'd even argue Lerner has delivered far more that Lambert). 

Guess this club is stuck for the two of them for eternity. Be careful what you wish for. 

But I could be wrong. *Bows head in shame*

Great post Joe - I love your humility & the fact that you don't mind accepting that you could indeed be wrong. So could I.

There's no shame in that. None at all.

Don't bow your head in shame - Just take a bow son! Take a bow! :)

Using this as an excuse to score points against Lambert is a bit classless and tedious. Why wasn't a new thread opened on this subject at the time it happened so we can discuss the actual topic at hand? Lambert said couldn't discuss due to legal matters which means it could be more than bullying, or someone is suing for the damages of bullying.  

485301745.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=3&d=X7WJL

LAMBO FIGHTS BACK

" Wow! I see the same lot that wanted me in, are now practically the same lot that want me out. Perfect hindsight or what? But ofcourse it was never their fault at anytime ever was it?  Jeeez! Talk about givin' a guy a break. They love to dish it out but I bet you they can't take it. Now they're blaming Karsa & Culverhouse. Don't remember that being the case when we turned over Jose a few weeks back. Why does there alway's have to be a scape goat? I'd really love to tell them straight what I truly think of them but their balls just couldn't  take it coz they aren't as big as mine, so for now I'll just simply say after my superb European Cup win with Dortmund, " Seeing as I'm such a muppet, show me your ******* medals!" Fans eh? ******* unreal!

It's unlikely this has been known about by any of the wider management team until now. The fact these two have been suspended and not sacked suggests the allegations are sufficiently serious to warrant further investigation until the full facts can be proven, at which point it can be decided whether it's gross misconduct. If it's later proven Lambert knew about it then he's right up the creek without a paddle !

I think the fact that Delph and Gabby handed in transfer requests after Fulham (since rescinded) because of these pair shows it was well known.

Eh? Where's this come from? First I've heard of this yet you're spouting oy around like its well known.

To all those Lambertiles out there, who is wondering why the majority of fans wants Lamberk out.. here are the main reasons, at least in my opinion:

- Signing of Grant Holt??

- The way he got rid of all of the experienced players, I understand that we have to "renew" ourselves, but to get rid of everything immediately of routine to gamble on inexperienced "kids" is a fail of a project, idiotic, naive.

- Constant changes in formations coupled with no clear football philosophy or identity

- Clever tactical changes  during games, to turn the result around is totally absent

- Certain players plays week in week out, no matter how bad they play, Weimann a good example here.

- Negative football, long balls, too predictable tactics, the counter as our main threat, but we really don't have a general play besides the one dimentional counter that can break teams down, especially at home, so teams can just sit back and we will basically never score

- The poorest home record in all of Villa's history this year.

- And of course, the most obvious one. Our current standing and points in the league, to comparison to last year. There is no progression. And don't come with that "He's had no money to spend".. yes he has, but he has wasted the money on areas we didn't really need to strenghten, or at least positions that weren't the most important.

All in all, I can only see a negative future with Lambert at the helm, and all who disagree with my points here should simply look in the mirror and think about this horrific season, which can quickly end with relegation.

Edited by villalad21

To all those Lambertiles out there, who is wondering why the majority of fans wants Lamberk out.. here are the main reasons, at least in my opinion:

It's a real shame you ruined a potentially solid and well-reasoned argument with the childish bolded words.

I'd also contest your statement that the majority of fans want Lambert out. Where is your evidence for this? This is certainly not my experience.

It's a real shame you ruined a potentially solid and well-reasoned argument with the childish bolded words.

I stopped reading after those childish words.

I stopped reading after those childish words.
Same here. It seems someone should have a read of the site rules.

Â