Paul Lambert

limpid

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/27022679

" Manager Paul Lambert sought to play down relegation fears after the loss.

"There's loads of teams and loads of games still to play," he said. "

This for me is a problem. Lambert appears to refuse to accept how serious the situation is.

And if he doesn't understand or wants to understand, how can he then communicate it to the players.

We don't need this "all will be well" attitude. We need fighting for every single ball, every single second of a game.

You do understand that there is a public message and a private message and that they may be different to each other

Yes, I do actually understand that. But there is no named player targetted in admitting, we are in deep, knee high sh1t ...  and the club's CEO has voiced grave concerns, so why would Lambert need to continue his 'we go again" and 'all will be well" charade?

At this junction, to me he is sending the message that he is an austrich and his head is deep into the sand.

Is an Austrich some sort of German speaking bird with long legs?  :D

• Like 1

The Lambertines.....even druggie Pete Doherty could have made a better job of managing Vila for the last two games !

The Lamberghinis - people who want him gone as quickly as possible.

The Lambertstotheslaughter - how he sets them up every game

• Like 4

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/27022679

" Manager Paul Lambert sought to play down relegation fears after the loss.

"There's loads of teams and loads of games still to play," he said. "

This for me is a problem. Lambert appears to refuse to accept how serious the situation is.

And if he doesn't understand or wants to understand, how can he then communicate it to the players.

We don't need this "all will be well" attitude. We need fighting for every single ball, every single second of a game.

You do understand that there is a public message and a private message and that they may be different to each other

Yes, I do actually understand that. But there is no named player targetted in admitting, we are in deep, knee high sh1t ...  and the club's CEO has voiced grave concerns, so why would Lambert need to continue his 'we go again" and 'all will be well" charade?

At this junction, to me he is sending the message that he is an austrich and his head is deep into the sand.

Is an Austrich some sort of German speaking bird with long legs?  :D

corrected. whatever.

1005 behind him, no wavering. Believe in his mission and believe he has the ability to do it here, given the right tools.

I genuinely admire you Richard. You have backed Lambert from the start and despite overwhelming evidence to suggest otherwise you continue to back him 100%. As you know I was also one of those over the moon when he came. I actually posted at that time that I thought he had that something special about him and would do similar to what Graham Taylor did in 1987 when he came into a club on its knees, that had been in decline for years and completely turned it around.

My support for him started to waver around 3 months ago. Not after a defeat actually. It was after we played Swansea at home. A decent Swansea side but a side like us in the bottom half of the table. We played for a draw and just about got it but it was dismal, negative, defensive football and went against all that I thought Lambert was about. Bright attacking football going out to win every game with an attitude if you score 4 we'll try and score 5. The football being served up in the main under him has been poor but I never thought I would see the day this great club, the club I love, would play for a draw at home against Swansea. McLeish of course did the same but that was agaisnt the likes of Man Utd and Spurs.

You add to the above some of the most shocking runs of form, poorest results and worst points per games under any manager in our history then despite acknowledging him being dealt a poor hand in terms of finances I just couldn't defend the indefensible. I would however love to be proved wrong but deep down know that I won't. If for no other reason now than he is already on borrowed time.

Thanks Mark.

The points you make I have sympathy for I really do and in another life who knows I may be in that camp too. I just think there are extenuating circumstances at play.

Can I ask Richard, why it is you still have so much faith in Lambert? I know you previously mentioned you had met him and he came across well, but surely there has to be more than that?

If we get a result against the Saints there is no way he will be sacked. If we lose however i think it will force the boards hand. 

Drawing with or beating Southampton won't suddenly make Lambert a good manager. His poor effort over almost 2 seasons should be the indicator for his dismissal not one result (we beat Chelsea remember and look what happened after!).

Whoever is or has been appointed Aston Villa manager I have wanted to succeed. A successful Villa manager means a successful team. It really is as simple as that. I think we, and lately Lambert, have overcomplicated things and our bad form for me coincided when the Vlaar / Clark central partnership got broke up. Clark looks a far more settled player this season and it's no significence that when he and Vlaar play together were are far more solid than when Baker is in there.

• Like 2

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/match-reports/crystal-palace-1-aston-villa-6984043

Fair play to Kendrick. It's about time. Hopefully national papers start saying the same.

Excellent article, and also one in the eye for those saying he wouldn't dare to criticise Lerner or Faulkner.

Its about time the meaning evil had a 'Villa in Crisis' headline with the badge split down the middle. 

I wrote a long message but lost signal and it vanished!

The short version is, I don't we should sack Lambert, the last 2 games don't look good but I really don't see any manager improving us drastically under current conditions. If the rumours are true about Lerner moving the goalposts then fair play to Lambert for kicking up a fuss.

judging by some of the comments on this board, I'm pretty confident i could bullshit my way through a couple of seasons spouting naff all at the after match interviews, convincing discerning fans of my plan as if there ever was one, dismissing journalists as a distraction and just reacting to events on the field with my substitutions and then clearing myself by saying " we go again" and then off to a life as a 1 million pound a year football manager and the life that brings.

"Catch me if to can"

I was never a professional football player with a "name"

thats just about the only thing stopping me or a few others on this board, doing what he is.

Their is no one on VT who can do a better job than Paul Lambert. No one.

This is where fans become delusional.

When I state this though Tro I am not having a pop at you.

It's just a fact of life. Does anyone here on VT seriously believe that they can do a better job than Paul Lambert?

The moment you walked into the Villa dressing room you would either be totally ignored by the players or quite simply just laughed out of town. :crylaugh:

Get real!

You obviously never read my post properly

I said and will re state I never was a professional football player...and that just about ends any chance of what ever I say(or any articulate fan) to be accepted as credible, even if word for word i said the same as any Football manager.

I have had instances in my life where i have been very, very close to Premier league football players and I'm confident of what I'm saying.

There is many aspects of running a Premier league football team and in most of them I wouldn't have a clue what is required, but when it comes to watching the game in the 90 odd minutes every week, I think I have a fair idea of what is going on and when I have put my knowledge to the test by talking through my understanding of what went on during a game with a pro i have been left confident I have read it right( bare in mind in confidence they tell it like it really is, not journalist bullshit)

There are many folk that have a good understanding of the game, but without that tag of being a PRO footballer no one will listen to you.....whether you are right or not.

That does not mean that a football manager can hoodwink you with you not having the confidence to disagree.....after all they have got a 1mill pound a year job to protect.

Tro - I don't believe I did  misread your post. As I stated it was not personal. I know you are sincere & I fully respect your opinion. In fairness to your good self you have run your thoughts by professional footballing people & that is to be admired.

However, to underline my main point here once more, no ordinary football fan knows more about the game than the professional manager.

They just simply don't & would have no credibility from any current professional in the professional football industry if they walked into a dressing room.

Again, this is not aimed at you directly, but what do you think any Villa players attitude would be if any ordinary fan went into the changing room & tried to offer them their blue print for success & laid out the game plan for the day?

Fan's merely state they could do better out of their total frustration at the club's current difficulties & that's as understandable as their true ignorance of the professional game.

No offence intended to any VT poster here because ultimately we are all Villa fans & only want success.

It has already been explained by villainusa it's an old boys network.....it doesn't matter what we say, you are quite right, but we would not be rejected necessarily by what we say.....more of who we are.

What we watch in 90 minutes is a small proportion of what a football manager has to deal with, so we are bound to be focused.I'm not saying we know more but don't under estimate the discerning fan.

Who do you think knows more about the various models of trains....a station master or a train spotter?

The Lambertines.....even druggie Pete Doherty could have made a better job of managing Vila for the last two games !

The Lamberghinis - people who want him gone as quickly as possible.

The Lambertstotheslaughter - how he sets them up every game

Lambophiles?

Lamberties need to get real. Lambert is a poor manager and that has reflected in our results, simple as that.

And there we have it folks. 'Lambertites'

Is this a revolutionary form of women's leggings?

Lamberties need to get real. Lambert is a poor manager and that has reflected in our results, simple as that.

And there we have it folks. 'Lambertites'

Is this a revolutionary form of women's leggings?

Yes, but I can't see them catching on.  Full of holes, with no support.

I wrote a long message but lost signal and it vanished!

The short version is, I don't we should sack Lambert, the last 2 games don't look good but I really don't see any manager improving us drastically under current conditions. If the rumours are true about Lerner moving the goalposts then fair play to Lambert for kicking up a fuss.

Just guessing here, but if the deal was for Lambert to improve things and the the owner would give him more money, that sounds kinda feasible from the owners point of view.

If the manager has not improved things then he can expect a pretty bare cupboard, that sounds like the deal to me.

Whether I agree with it is another matter.....I guess from MY point of view I just want an owner with a bottomless pit, so he can keep funding duds until we get it right.

Â