Paul Lambert

limpid

Lam.ber.outs (lăm′bə'ʌɪt)

n.

1. A person affected by short sightedness.

2. A person unable to look at the bigger picture and has a lack of patience.

That must be a crap dictionary, they haven't even spelt his name right.

• Like 2

n.

'lăm′bə'ʌɪt' doesn't read as 'Lamberouts' though ;)

*sticks tongue out*

Edited by Isa

We're a terrible team who play terrible football who have had terrible results with a terrible manager.

This is the lowest ebb in Villa's PL history. Worse than even McLeish and Taylor simply because I was optimistic when PL took over, I absolutely wasnt with those two.

For anyone still defending Lambert, imagine if everything that has happened had happened under Steve McClaren or Gary Megson, imagine what you would be saying right about now.

Lambert is an atrocious manager on every level. For the couple of tiny positives we have had under him there have been several, much larger dark clouds. The ONLY credit I will give him is that he has had really bad luck with injuries. But that doesnt change anything, the football played is as bad as McLeish, we're just easier to beat now.

Lambert out.

1005 behind him,  no wavering.  Believe in his mission and believe he has the ability to do it here,  given the right tools.

I genuinely admire you Richard. You have backed Lambert from the start and despite overwhelming evidence to suggest otherwise you continue to back him 100%. As you know I was also one of those over the moon when he came. I actually posted at that time that I thought he had that something special about him and would do similar to what Graham Taylor did in  1987 when he came into a club on its knees, that had been in decline for years and completely turned it around.   

My support for him started to waver around 3 months ago. Not after a defeat actually. It was after we played Swansea at home. A decent Swansea side but a side like us in the bottom half of the table. We played for a draw and just about got it but it was dismal, negative, defensive football and went against all that I thought Lambert was about. Bright attacking football going out to win every game with an attitude if you score 4 we'll try and score 5. The football being served up in the main under him has been poor but I never thought I would see the day this great club, the club I love, would play for a draw at home against Swansea. McLeish of course did the same but that was agaisnt the likes of Man Utd and Spurs. 

You add to the above some of the most shocking runs of form, poorest results and worst points per games under any manager in our history then despite acknowledging him being dealt a poor hand in terms of finances I just couldn't defend the indefensible. I would however love to be proved wrong but deep down know that I won't. If for no other reason now than he is already on borrowed time.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 2

Lamberties need to get real. Lambert is a poor manager and that has reflected in our results, simple as that.

And there we have it folks. 'Lambertites'

I resent being labeled as "folks" :)

But i guess it's better than the usual "moaner" or "doom monger"

Oh but that's different.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/27022679

" Manager Paul Lambert sought to play down relegation fears after the loss.

"There's loads of teams and loads of games still to play," he said. "

This for me is a problem. Lambert appears to refuse to accept how serious the situation is.

And if he doesn't understand or wants to understand, how can he then communicate it to the players.

We don't need this "all will be well" attitude. We need fighting for every single ball, every single second of a game.

n.

*sticks tongue out*

It doesn't read as Lambertite either, it's missing a phoneme and the diphthong is wrong. 

Edited by lexicon

This for me is a problem. Lambert appears to refuse to accept how serious the situation is.

And if he doesn't understand or wants to understand, how can he then communicate it to the players.

We don't need this "all will be well" attitude. We need fighting for every single ball, every single second of a game.

You do understand that there is a public message and a private message and that they may be different to each other

n.

*sticks tongue out*

It doesn't read as Lambertite either, it's missing a phoneme.

You are indeed worthy of your username sir.

1005 behind him,  no wavering.  Believe in his mission and believe he has the ability to do it here,  given the right tools.

I genuinely admire you Richard. You have backed Lambert from the start and despite overwhelming evidence to suggest otherwise you continue to back him 100%. As you know I was also one of those over the moon when he came. I actually posted at that time that I thought he had that something special about him and would do similar to what Graham Taylor did in  1987 when he came into a club on its knees, that had been in decline for years and completely turned it around.   

My support for him started to waver around 3 months ago. Not after a defeat actually. It was after we played Swansea at home. A decent Swansea side but a side like us in the bottom half of the table. We played for a draw and just about got it but it was dismal, negative, defensive football and went against all that I thought Lambert was about. Bright attacking football going out to win every game with an attitude if you score 4 we'll try and score 5. The football being served up in the main under him has been poor but I never thought I would see the day this great club, the club I love, would play for a draw at home against Swansea. McLeish of course did the same but that was agaisnt the likes of Man Utd and Spurs. 

You add to the above some of the most shocking runs of form, poorest results and worst points per games under any manager in our history then despite acknowledging him being dealt a poor hand in terms of finances I just couldn't defend the indefensible. I would however love to be proved wrong but deep down know that I won't. If for no other reason now than he is already on borrowed time.

Thanks Mark.

The points you make I have sympathy for I really do and in another life who knows I may be in that camp too.  I just think there are extenuating circumstances at play.

Come on, I dislike Lambert as much as the next man but you don't honestly believe that do you? Of course he realises there is still a danger. He is probably shitting it as much as all of us.

I never even read manger comments after games or watch interviews. They offer nothing and win or lose are just banal, cliche driven boreathons. All I care about is what's on the pitch and in recent years even that is becoming difficult.

You do understand that there is a public message and a private message and that they may be different to each other

Yes, I do actually understand that. But there is no named player targetted in admitting, we are in deep, knee high sh1t ...  and the club's CEO has voiced grave concerns, so why would Lambert need to continue his 'we go again" and 'all will be well" charade?

At this junction, to me he is sending the message that he is an ostrich and his head is deep into the sand.

Edited by Villain4Life

The Lambertines.....even druggie Pete Doherty could have made a better job of managing Vila for the last two games !

The Lamberghinis - people who want him gone as quickly as possible.

• Like 1

Â