Paul Lambert

limpid

The fact 90% wanted him in is probably why he has got away with the Bradford debacle and numerous negative records being broken for so long. Not many managers would have the support of so many fans for so long after what we have witnessed for 2 seasons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hlBd4fyLL4&feature=youtu.be

this guys video is at back!! 4mins in ''Lambert Out'' and can see exactly how many people are chanting it!! it's the whole stand!

I hope Paul Lambert joined in with the singing.

There's the guy, busting his balls all week & for the last two years trying to turn us around & the fans right on his back.

We've all been on that ride & surely fans can see that he has not had a proper fair crack of the whip.

If I was Paul Lambert yesterday I would have cracked our own fans with that whip to wake them up from their total obtuseness in failing to realise the bigger picture.

For God sake give the guy a break. We don't need all this bloody damn negativity eating away at us because it is totally degenerative.

For the Clubs sake, get behind the board, the manager & the team & scream them over the line.

Embrace it, embrace it, embrace it.

Aston Villa FC is the bigger picture.

Answer me this - If villa get relegated will you still be behind lambert?

Yes. Totally. If we did get relegated though I fully expect that he would resign or be sacked. I would stand by him because his project is like an epic movie. It's a slow burner with a great plot.

Suffice to say Lambert hasn't lost the plot.

Do you really really really believe that.

If Lambert is still in a job at the end of the season, then either we've won all our remaining games or it's he clearest indication ever that the owner does not care.

It's not just that we're losing, he doesn't seem to be able to react in games. If he'd quickly reacted to Magath's half time substitutions against fulham we'd never have lost that game. If he played players in their positions we'd have a better chance of winning, why play Bertrand in midfield against Fulham ? 

Lambert only has himself to blame, he came here knowing the constraints of the owner, he signed up to those, and he took £40M over two years and bought too many average players.

If he doesn't get the sack, after last summers spending can we really trust him to spend whatever money is available effectively ?

judging by some of the comments on this board, I'm pretty confident i could bullshit my way through a couple of seasons spouting naff all at the after match interviews, convincing discerning fans of my plan as if there ever was one, dismissing journalists as a distraction and just reacting to events on the field with my substitutions and then clearing myself by saying " we go again" and then off to a life as a 1 million pound a year football manager and the life that brings.

"Catch me if to can"

I was never a professional football player with a "name"

thats just about the only thing stopping me or a few others on this board, doing what he is.

Their is no one on VT who can do a better job than Paul Lambert. No one.

This is where fans become delusional.

When I state this though Tro I am not having a pop at you.

It's just a fact of life. Does anyone here on VT seriously believe that they can do a better job than Paul Lambert?

The moment you walked into the Villa dressing room you would either be totally ignored by the players or quite simply just laughed out of town. :crylaugh:

Get real!

Eh!! None of pretend to professional football managers for the avoidance of doubt and none of us are saying we (personally) could do a better job..

All we are is knowledgeable and concerned fans who have now watched virtually two seasons of someone who is very clearly not up to managing in the Premier League. All your post seems to be doing is trying to deflect the argument away from that very simple fact.

I find Balti has too much ghee

Try a murgh chatki

If you've never run a Balti house you have no right to slag off Balti's, Its all very well trying some other method, but you are just confusing the chef's they are trying their best and are only young they may not have heard of a Murgh Chatki.... you will destroy their confidence at this rate... we don't want the restaurant chanting too much ghee, too much ghee.

you need to get behind the Balti it has been around a long time and is indigenous of our great city, we don't want to be dropping down the menu and getting relegated to the mid day specials.

Lets leave Murgh to the closed season when the owner goes away and we will see if he can invest in a new addition to the menu of his return.

Keep the faith....In Balti

Why must everything be so black and white.

In all seriousness, I'm in tears, glad I injected a bit of humour into this thread. UTV brothers!

• Like 1

"villa-revolution" what were your take on Alex Mcleish? Because he did just as shit as Lambert does. The table position were also pretty similar

lambert has also adopted the everyone back in our box to defend a corner routine which i absolutely hated under mcleish, to me it was the epitome of his dour negative brand of football

"villa-revolution" what were your take on Alex Mcleish? Because he did just as shit as Lambert does. The table position were also pretty similar

Ahhhh! thats different, he came from Bloose.

Don't worry lambert will get the funds come the summer transfer window, then he will pay over the odds for his other mate...................Hoolahan :D

I find Balti has too much ghee

Try a murgh chatki

If you've never run a Balti house you have no right to slag off Balti's, Its all very well trying some other method, but you are just confusing the chef's they are trying their best and are only young they may not have heard of a Murgh Chatki.... you will destroy their confidence at this rate... we don't want the restaurant chanting too much ghee, too much ghee.

you need to get behind the Balti it has been around a long time and is indigenous of our great city, we don't want to be dropping down the menu and getting relegated to the mid day specials.

Lets leave Murgh to the closed season when the owner goes away and we will see if he can invest in a new addition to the menu of his return.

Keep the faith....In Balti

Why must everything be so black and white.

In all seriousness, I'm in tears, glad I injected a bit of humour into this thread. UTV brothers!

you started it,

you think, if we had a team like Liverpool, you would get none of this, arn't we lucky....yyyyyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

The most infuriating thing for me is knowing that we will have to start from scratch once again. Next season is going to be more of the same shit like the past four have been. It will be a false dawn yet again.

Not necessarily. A new manager would need to impose his playing style, which the players and fans would need to buy into. But he wouldn't need to strictly cut costs like Lambert has had to do.

If we get a new manager, they would hopefully be told; the cost-cutting has been done, work with what you've got and have £20m to spend (which will probably be the amount Lambert is given). As it's unlikely that Bent will be sold, if a new manager wants to use him (for example), I doubt Randy would prefer him to rot in the reserves on the same wages.

Personally, if Lambert is sacked, I'd like us to take a bit of a risk on someone who likes to play a passing game. A Pocchetino (sp?) type manager. It's a risk, but the rewards are greater than another Lambert (who is a risk himself).

People talk about the injuries, but we don't actually know if everyone was fit if we would be much better.

On it's day our best available team this season has been (roughly):

Gabby - Benteke - Weimann

Delph - Westwood - KEA

Betrand - Baker - Vlaar - Bacuna

Guzan

Now even that team has fallen way short repeatedly, especially at home. For the most part because Baker makes mistakes, Weimann or Gabby (or both) don't turn up. Bacuna has off days. KEA has one good game in 10, and even Benteke has also been poor by his often amazing standards, and so on...

So lets look at ultimate team we could play if everyone is fit. Well, first of all even when fit Zog didn't get a consistent run last season - and speculation still suggests he is not in Lambert's plans. Even if he was the only players that get rotated regularly are KEA and Weimann.

so would he play in the three up front: Gabby - Benteke - Nzogbia? - seems unlikely

or in midfield of Delph - Westwood - Nzogbia?

I can't see it myself. If he was fit right now he would just rot on the bench or come on when it was too late. Maybe he would play two games and then be benched for 10. His impact would be questionable.

Okore is hopefully going to be a big player for us but if he played now it would be one hell of a baptism of fire coming from a small league, he's young and not that big for a defender. Everyone claims Chelsea were in for him, if that were that case then they would have got him. Everyone quotes the game in the champs league against Chelsea which has led to many on here proclaim him to be the new McGrath or Laursen for us. My god i hope he is, but it will take him time to get his feet, and I think if playing now he would feel the pressure too much.

Who else does that leave Kozak? Who most on here wrote off despite his goals. I rate Libor - but i admit him and Benteke up front are an awkward combo.

Losing Benteke is the biggest blow but we've had long enough to soften that blow and haven't. Aside from the Norwich game and a few sprinkled examples of his genius Tekker's has been a lame beast for most of the season.

And just to say I do want Lambert to succeed and I really believed he would, even after the humiliating defeats last season - i saw the incredibly gutsy attacking displays at the end of last season and thought we had turned a corner and with a few more players we could actually start to become a decent respectable team again.

This season we've had about four gutsy attacking backs to the walls displays and even though we've not had heavy defeats (well 8:1 defeats anyway), all 'haven't been beaten since' records have gone under a wave of lack lustre mediocre performances where every stat that counts has been bottomed out. We lost again to lower league competition also, learning nothing from the Bradford and Millwall debacles.

If Lambert was at any other team in any other division he would have been sacked.

Maybe just maybe there is bigger plan, and if we survive and Lambert continues he will get the chance to invest and realise his vision. But at the moment it feels like if we don't get relegated this season then we will next.

I want to be wrong, in these last handful of matches I want us to show up and fight with blood and thunder and Lambert to be redeemed. 

Edited by VillanousOne

Â